1. UK
    Moves
    22 Apr '05 08:24
    Would it be possible to put a duplicate set of Thread List, Forum List, etc. buttons at the bottom of a forum page?
    After reading a full page of posts, it's a pain to scroll right back to the top to access another.
    Or am I just a lazy git?
  2. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Apr '05 08:44
    Originally posted by martin williams
    Would it be possible to put a duplicate set of Thread List, Forum List, etc. buttons at the bottom of a forum page?
    After reading a full page of posts, it's a pain to scroll right back to the top to access another.
    Or am I just a lazy git?
    On your 101 keyboard, just hit " home". That will take you to the top of the page and the links. Agreed, a 'back to top" link at the bottom of the page or a duplication of the header links would be nice but I suspect , in the grandeous scheme of Russ's to do, its not rated very high.
    However, I do stand to be corrected.

skeeter
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    02 Mar '06 18:541 edit
    Originally posted by skeeter
    Agreed, a 'back to top" link at the bottom of the page or a duplication of the header links would be nice
    Well skeetey,

All your dreams could come through, if only you weren't such a religious user of IE. πŸ˜€

http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=39173&page=1

D
  4. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    10 Mar '06 13:221 edit
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Well skeetey,

All your dreams could come through, if only you weren't such a religious user of IE. πŸ˜€

http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=39173&page=1

D
    Actually, using the home button works on most browsers and are quite efficient if you ask me. No need to clutter the interface with duplicate navigation bars.

The keyboard is our good, good friend. πŸ˜€

Firefox users:

ctrl+T - Opens a new tab
    ctrl+L - Type a new address in the address bar
    ctrl+R - Refresh the current page
    ctrl+E - Moves the cursor to the searchbar (from there you can step through the list of search engines with Ctrl+up|down arrows.
    Tab | Shift+Tab - Moves between form objects in a page and the browser itself.

There's a whole lot more shortcut keys like that. I hardly ever touch the mouse nowadays. Life's good.
  5. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    10 Mar '06 13:282 edits
    All Firefox users can have the bar across the bottom now with the greasemonkey script [link in earlier post] which is far simpler than keyboarding this and that and whatnot...........it is for me anyway.
  6. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    10 Mar '06 13:36
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    All Firefox users can have the bar across the bottom now with the greasemonkey script which is far simpler than keybording this and that and whatnot...........it is for me anyway.
    πŸ˜€

I suppose using the keyboard is for geeks like me only. Seriously, I think using the mouse is a hazzle these days. Whether I use Windows or Linux I tend to end up with my hands on the keyboard only relying on the dirty mouse when the creators of a piece of software has failed to implement a shortcut key for a specific command 😠 (or it's too complicated, like ctrl+alt+h or similar).

But I can see the need for a greasemonkey script and a mouse for anyone who doesn't spend 12 hours a day by the computer. πŸ˜‰
  7. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    10 Mar '06 17:263 edits
    Originally posted by stocken
    πŸ˜€

I suppose using the keyboard is for geeks like me only.

But I can see the need for a greasemonkey script and a mouse for anyone who doesn't spend 12 hours a day by the computer. πŸ˜‰
    I thought it was the other way round - that geeks use the mouse most.

I don't use a mouse myself, I use a touchpad on this laptop and usually on it for longer than only 12 hours a day.
  8. The sky
    Moves
    10 Mar '06 17:35
    Whether I use Windows or Linux I tend to end up with my hands on the keyboard only relying on the dirty mouse when the creators of a piece of software has failed to implement a shortcut key for a specific command 😠
    What about cleaning your mouse? πŸ˜‰

I love the bar at the bottom. The only problem is that I sometimes click "reply and quote" (in the last post on the page) instead of "thread list", or the other way round. But that's just my stupidity, and I'll probably learn not to do that after a while.
  9. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    10 Mar '06 17:51
    I don't use a mouse myself, I use a touchpad on this laptop and usually on it for longer than only 12 hours a day.
    The touchpad is the mouse in your case, genius. 😡

And, man, you're an even bigger loser than I am, aren't you? Ha ha ha... I feel good about myself now for spending only 12 hours a day by the computer.

Thanks. πŸ˜€
  10. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    10 Mar '06 17:55
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    What about cleaning your mouse? πŸ˜‰

I love the bar at the bottom. The only problem is that I sometimes click "reply and quote" (in the last post on the page) instead of "thread list", or the other way round. But that's just my stupidity, and I'll probably learn not to do that after a while.
    The upside of home is that you can jump to the top of the page even though you're not yet at the bottom. Oh yea!? You can. Don't know why you would want that, but that's beside the point now, isn't it? πŸ™„
  11. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    10 Mar '06 18:11
    Firefox users:

ctrl+T - Opens a new tab
    ctrl+L - Type a new address in the address bar
    Here's a good one for Firefox users...

Set up a bookmark in the Quick Search Folder of Bookmarks, for google, with location set as "http://www.google.ie/search?q=%s" and keyword set as g.

Then, from anywhere, ctrl+L (or use the mouse) to focus the address bar, then just type g "I want to search for whatever it is that I want to search for", and it'll take you to google with the search already done.

You can do the same with wikipedia. I've the keyword set as w, and the location has to be http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpecialπŸ˜•earch?search=%s

D
  12. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    10 Mar '06 18:291 edit
    The touchpad is the mouse in your case, genius. 😡

And, man, you're an even bigger loser than I am, aren't you? Ha ha ha... I feel good about myself now for spending only 12 hours a day by the computer.

Thanks. πŸ˜€
    No problem, it was a pleasure to help you out.
  13. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    10 Mar '06 19:46
    No problem, it was a pleasure to help you out.
    πŸ™‚

And I don't actually consider you a loser, you understand? In fact, you are one of the better forum members around, in my opinion.
  14. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '06 10:43
    πŸ™‚

And I don't actually consider you a loser, you understand? In fact, you are one of the better forum members around, in my opinion.
    πŸ™‚
  15. The sky
    Moves
    11 Mar '06 11:09
    πŸ™‚

But he is a freeloading scum-bag! How can he be one of the better forum members around? πŸ˜‰

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree