Moves
    16 Mar '24 18:05

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Mar '24 18:32
    @suzianne said
    This is not your personal website where you can feel free to trash other users.

Perhaps anti-social people with their own questionable hyper-religious agendas need to, as you say, "be dealt with as well".

In case your political leanings prevent you from recognizing the value of diversity in a social setting such as RHP, your insulting post to me doesn't help make ALL users feel welcome, and as such, should probably be alerted.
    Im a paying chess-playing customer. You are a good-for-nothing freeloader.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Mar '24 18:53
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I think most (genuine) newbies will play out a few games first, before immersing themselves in the forums. (Newbies being more likely drawn here for the chess). It is returning banned players who are more likely to play a few moves and then hit the forums.

Completing a set number of games, before forum posting privileges are unlocked, seems like a reasonable thing to put in place.
    We can agree to disagree on this point. As I've just stated some are here more for the forums than the chess. Just look in the forums as they are now, you will see people who post a lot more than chess they play. That is entirely up to them, I am here more for the chess than forums, I am just looking at the other side of things instead of just having a tunnel vision on it.

-VR
  5. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    16 Mar '24 19:22
    @divegeester said
    This has come up before but the recent filth in the “Notable Deaths” thread in the GF prompts another request.

Russ please can you restrict posting for at period of completed games, maybe 10, in order to stop abuse from returning banned users.

Thank you.
    This proposal makes it a bit more of a hassle, but hardly stops anything.

It's not terribly difficult to create two junk accounts and play 10 games between them. It's more of a hassle, but for someone so determined to come back, not a problem.

However, I don't have a better idea.
  6. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    16 Mar '24 20:43
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Russ must have had a good reason. Why are you back again? Just to whine?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Mar '24 23:16
    @bigdogg said

It's not terribly difficult to create two junk accounts and play 10 games between them. It's more of a hassle, but for someone so determined to come back, not a problem.

It would be a start and a good step forward.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Mar '24 06:48

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    17 Mar '24 08:05
    @bigdogg said

If I were a returning banned user, the last thing I would do is call attention to myself by posting stupid stuff to the Site Ideas Forum.

😵
  10. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    17 Mar '24 09:222 edits
    @very-rusty said
    We can agree to disagree on this point. As I've just stated some are here more for the forums than the chess. Just look in the forums as they are now, you will see people who post a lot more than chess they play. That is entirely up to them, I am here more for the chess than forums, I am just looking at the other side of things instead of just having a tunnel vision on it.

-VR
    People who just want to blather and not play chess can go to other platforms with vastly more reach. There are probably fewer than a hundred active posters here, and it is a rare post indeed which gets double-digit likes. If someone gets his jollies from likes, there are much richer pickings at FaceBook and Twitter.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Mar '24 11:52
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Vulgarity - the last resort for a failed argument. Moonbus has some great advice for you .. People who just want to blather and not play chess can go to other platforms with vastly more reach. Consider taking it and go wash your mouth with some detergent... maybe sulphuric acid might be better in your case.
  12. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    17 Mar '24 12:24
    @rajk999 said
    Vulgarity - the last resort for a failed argument. Moonbus has some great advice for you .. People who just want to blather and not play chess can go to other platforms with vastly more reach. Consider taking it and go wash your mouth with some detergent... maybe sulphuric acid might be better in your case.
    Even paying subscribers can receive forum bans for this type of personal harassment.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Mar '24 12:34
    @kewpie said
    Even paying subscribers can receive forum bans for this type of personal harassment.
    You missing a few screws madam.. Here is what she said to me

How about if you remove your nose from my ass for five seconds?

I guess from your biased pov that is not personal harassment.
  14. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    17 Mar '24 12:50
    @rajk999 said
    You missing a few screws madam.. Here is what she said to me

How about if you remove your nose from my ass for five seconds?

I guess from your biased pov that is not personal harassment.
    She was defending herself from your personal attack. Reprehensible but understandable. Unlike your completely unprovoked attack on her which is inexcusable and prejudiced.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Mar '24 13:09
    @kewpie said
    She was defending herself from your personal attack. Reprehensible but understandable. Unlike your completely unprovoked attack on her which is inexcusable and prejudiced.
    This, my first comment
    Yes, and you are in a category that needs to be dealt with as well. You play no chess and you are using RHP to promote your political, spiritual, and social [in particular, LGBQTQ +++] agenda.

... is not an attack. This is the truth, which many here can see. My post contains no vulgarities or insults. The woman is not here to play chess but spends loads of time insulting many people on this site.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree