1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Jul '11 18:14
    Instead of turning on or off a button that lets the clan leader know I'm willing
    to play some clan games, why not have a feature that lets both me and the
    Clan leader how many games I'm playing and willing to play?

It would show something these stats in some format:

Being played: 2
    Willing to play: 5
    Delta: 3

As I'm assigned a new clan game the values change.

This would make putting together events easier for everyone in my opinion.
    Kelly
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    06 Jul '11 08:06
    Actually not every challenge leads to a match. Some captains take quite long to decide if tehy accept or not.

If I understand your proposition correctly, you get the number of games by each proposed match, then you are automatically switched to unavailable. So your captain issues , say your three games and by bad luck the challenged clans are slow in respondig (say two to three weeks) you won't have games and still be unavailable...
  3. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    08 Jul '11 22:54
    There are far easier ways than writing specific software.
    A clan leader can see on his clan leader page how many games all his players are currently involved in.
    I ask all my clan if they have a maximum number of games they are comfortable with ACROSS THE ENTIRE SITE and whatever they specify ,I work to.
    There is a chance they might enter a tournament or something at the same time as I give them clan games but it's unlikely.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Jul '11 19:26
    Originally posted by venda
    There are far easier ways than writing specific software.
    A clan leader can see on his clan leader page how many games all his players are currently involved in.
    I ask all my clan if they have a maximum number of games they are comfortable with ACROSS THE ENTIRE SITE and whatever they specify ,I work to.
    There is a chance they might enter a tournament or something at the same time as I give them clan games but it's unlikely.
    My point is that from time to time I'd take several games and other times
    I'd only take one or two. If I had a set number up, the leader would always
    know what he has to play with, instead of me remembering to turn that
    thing on and off to let him know.
    Kelly
  5. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    10 Jul '11 19:42
    As previously stated, a clan leader knows from his clan members info page how many clan games you are playing.
    With your proposal you woluld still have to "press a button" everytime you wanted to change your game load perameters.
    I would suggest a brief message to your leader would be easier and more informative e.g:- "no more games please until August", "Please send me 4 games at your earliest convenience" etc.
    I suppose another way would be to have a maximum box on the "my clan settings" page as on the "my challenge settings" page but that again involves button pressing and the admins writing software that I really don't think is necessary.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree