inactivity

inactivity

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mlb62

Moves
02 Aug 22

Inactive players should be greatly curtailed on this site !! This RHP is for chess players having current, active, on-going games ! Possibly after 100 days, of no moves, members would lose the right to post in the forums, go on vacation, be listed in the ratings and all others lists..!! Their names could be in RED letters to indicate they are non-players !!

Moves
02 Aug 22
2 edits

@ogb said
Inactive players should be greatly curtailed on this site !! This RHP is for chess players having current, active, on-going games ! Possibly after 100 days, of no moves, members would lose the right to post in the forums, go on vacation, be listed in the ratings and all others lists..!! Their names could be in RED letters to indicate they are non-players !!
Yes let’s curtail them from them doing more … nothing.

And while we’re at it let’s make then wear a badge or an insignia so we can recognise them. It will be RHP law that that must wear this badge at all times.

Moves
02 Aug 22
1 edit

@ogb said
Why?

Could you provide some background info on what led you to make this request?

mlb62

Moves
02 Aug 22

@Kevin-Eleven
simply because this is a CHESS website.....ok not everyone is required to be a paid member, but at least play some games...even unrated games are OK....but to logon here and not have any active games.....that's going against all the hard work the owners/admin guys do every day... 😀

Moves
02 Aug 22

@ogb said
@Kevin-Eleven
simply because this is a CHESS website.....ok not everyone is required to be a paid member, but at least play some games...even unrated games are OK....but to logon here and not have any active games.....that's going against all the hard work the owners/admin guys do every day... 😀
Then I suggest you set up your own chess website and run it exactly as you please. 😉

Misfit King

Moves
02 Aug 22
1 edit

@ogb said
@Kevin-Eleven
⬆️ that 💪

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
03 Aug 22

@ogb said
I don't think inactivity is necessarily a problem on here.
If someone suddenly stops playing it can be for a variety of reasons.
The skull system should cover this eventuality if you choose to use it(I don't personally).
For potential members who investigate the site and then decide not to bother the same should apply.
I think you are talking about people who post in the forums but don't play chess games.
If so, that is a different issue

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
03 Aug 22

@ogb said
@Kevin-Eleven
I would think the registration system for new players is automated and doesn't involve any "work" from the owners and admins.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
05 Aug 22