1. Earth Prime
    Moves
    23 Jun '06 21:27
    Originally posted by zebano
    All the things you have spoken of, removing people rated too high, moving onto the next round when the remaining games are insignificant etc. can all be performed programatically.
    Wrong. Well, I suppose you could write a code to check every member to see if their rating is artifically low, and to check each and every tournament to see if it's ready to progress, or give a few people the power to respond to player requests that a player or specific round be looked at.
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    26 Jun '06 18:05
    Originally posted by Russ
    I haven't read the entire thread (sorry) but I know the gist of what is wanted here. And yes, it is high up on the to-do list.

I am way too busy right now to implement the change, but as soon as I get a few clear days, I will make sure this is looked at. It should have been done years ago, to be honest.

-Russ
    Bump, for Marinakatomb.
  3. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    11 Jul '06 14:26
    Originally posted by Russ
    I haven't read the entire thread (sorry) but I know the gist of what is wanted here. And yes, it is high up on the to-do list.

I am way too busy right now to implement the change, but as soon as I get a few clear days, I will make sure this is looked at. It should have been done years ago, to be honest.

-Russ
    Say what?
  4. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    12 Jul '06 06:52
    Originally posted by Coconut
    Wrong. Well, I suppose you could write a code to check every member to see if their rating is artifically low, and to check each and every tournament to see if it's ready to progress, or give a few people the power to respond to player requests that a player or specific round be looked at.
    Actually the coding would be really simple. You only need to check for tournament completion when a tournament game finishes. Easy. Also, the checks on whether people were suitable for entrance to a banded tournament only need to be checked when they attempt to enter. There is already a check there anyway (is rating within band?).

Please don't tell people that something is hard or impossible and that they are wrong when you haven't coded a Hello World in your life.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 Jul '06 07:21
    What is the programmable criteria if a persons rating is artifically low?
    Will a person with an artifically low rating be able to join a banded tournament at all?
  6. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    12 Jul '06 08:16
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    What is the programmable criteria if a persons rating is artifically low?
    Will a person with an artifically low rating be able to join a banded tournament at all?
    Read the Tournament Mods thread.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree