1. Standard memberHindstein
    Finish Him!!!
    Chess Club HQ
    Moves
    08 May '06 08:54
    Originally posted by marinakatomb
    It's been brought up before and i agree in principal, however it has to be considered that this will mean that some people will end up playing games in round two while they are still playing games in round one. If the group size is quite big, then they might end up with a few more games than they really want. I would imagine this would be more of a prob ...[text shortened]... but needs to be considered all the same as some players only play a limited amount of games...
    Perhaps ensuring that all qualifiers for the next round have completed their current round of games will meet this criteria.

With all group winners games completed and the winners positions in the table assured without doubt, the next round is free to start and those last few games between the other contenders are able to continue and fight it out for 2nd and 3rd etc without holding up the continuation of the tourney.
  2. Joined
    23 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 May '06 13:37
    Originally posted by bosintang
    Since multi-round tournaments can take months and years to finish, here's an idea to keep them moving along.

Rather than waiting for every game to finish in a round before starting the next one, how about just waiting until its undisputed who the participants will be?

For example, right now in the first round of the Sprint Iota 1/7 tournament, there ...[text shortened]... group is Zabano, so this game is insignificant. The second round could be on its way already.
    I fully agree !
  3. .
    Moves
    08 May '06 13:54
    Originally posted by sevenstar
    I fully agree !
    Very benefiial thread to improve the site. Tournament moderators is not a bad idea.

I wish I could rec the thread starter too.
  4. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    09 May '06 13:26
    This is a great idea (the automated start), there should be no need for tournament mods...
  5. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    09 May '06 14:57
    Yea just hope russ does this soon would make the site better and faster nice idea....
  6. Earth Prime
    Moves
    10 May '06 02:44
    Russ, if you make me a tournament mod I'll resubscribe.
  7. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    10 May '06 02:59
    Originally posted by Coconut
    Russ, if you make me a tournament mod I'll resubscribe.
    "Russ, you have about a month to make up a new star that will be given to Helden when he reaches 300,000 moves. Otherwise, I'm not re-subscribing. Make it happen."
  8. Earth Prime
    Moves
    10 May '06 03:251 edit
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    "Russ, you have about a month to make up a new star that will be given to Helden when he reaches 300,000 moves. Otherwise, I'm not re-subscribing. Make it happen."
    If you make xanthos be nice to me, I'll resubscribe.

Customer service here is terrible. 😞
  9. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    10 May '06 11:41
    you should re subscribe you know the sites worth it...
  10. Joined
    23 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 May '06 10:15
    Since multi-round tournaments can take months and years to finish, here's an idea to keep them moving along.

Rather than waiting for every game to finish in a round before starting the next one, how about just waiting until its undisputed who the participants will be?

Russ..... any thoughts from you on this?
  11. Earth Prime
    Moves
    15 May '06 21:49
    Originally posted by sevenstar
    Russ..... any thoughts from you on this?
    Russ needs a staff to handle these things.
  12. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    16 May '06 03:27
    Originally posted by Coconut
    Russ needs a staff to handle these things.
    And perhaps if more people subscribed then he could get one....
  13. Joined
    23 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 May '06 18:36

For example, right now in the first round of the Sprint Iota 1/7 tournament, there ...[text shortened]... group is Zabano, so this game is insignificant. The second round could be on its way already.
    bump....
  14. Standard memberleisurelysloth
    Man of Steel
    rushing to and fro
    Moves
    19 Jun '06 21:09
    bump.
  15. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    19 Jun '06 21:13
    Unbump.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree