19 Jun '06 22:41
    Originally posted by Aiko
    Unbump.
    Unbump?
  2. B is for bye bye
    Moves
    20 Jun '06 01:02
    Originally posted by Coconut
    If you make xanthos be nice to me, I'll resubscribe.

Customer service here is terrible. 😞
    Your a scag Coconut. If you don't want to subscribe you should reject your clan memebership and cut your number of games down. Otherwise you are an abuser of a system.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Jun '06 05:421 edit
    Originally posted by marinakatomb
    It's been brought up before and i agree in principal, however it has to be considered that this will mean that some people will end up playing games in round two while they are still playing games in round one. If the group size is quite big, then they might end up with a few more games than they really want. I would imagine this would be more of a prob ...[text shortened]... but needs to be considered all the same as some players only play a limited amount of games...
    Then the way around that is:
    One have someone within the tournament request it
    Two a mod verify it can happen
    Three those it would affect get the a yes or no vote.
    If passed the next round starts.
    Kelly
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    21 Jun '06 07:37
    I agree completely.

Often it is even not the case that anyone has to play in two rounds in the same tournament simultaneously (when the next round is waiting for two players who just struggles not to be the last one in the group).

If the last players in the group doesn't affect the starting of the new round if hey have a lot of pressure on their shoulders to finish their game by resigning or agreeing on draw in advance. I've been there in a Clan Challenge, wasn't funny.
  5. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    21 Jun '06 08:01
    Originally posted by marinakatomb
    It's been brought up before and i agree in principal, however it has to be considered that this will mean that some people will end up playing games in round two while they are still playing games in round one. If the group size is quite big, then they might end up with a few more games than they really want.
    If the people to progress has been decided, then people going through to the next round really shouldn't have too many games (any?) remaining from the previous round.

I don't see it as being a problem, but if it was to be a problem, you could just change the algorithm to only allow the start of the next round, when the people progressing have finished all their games.

D
  6. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    21 Jun '06 15:08
    Great idea.

Too bad Russ hasn't replied in here. Makes me think it will never happen.
  7. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    21 Jun '06 16:10
    Originally posted by Coconut
    The easiest way to accomplish this would be to assign a group of volunteers at "tournament mods" these mods could start and progress tournaments, and remove people from tournaments. This would also allow members to request that someone in a banded tournament be looked at if the player is clearly at an artificial low rating.
    I don't see why people keep pushing the Tournament Mod idea. There is no need for them as people can easily make error whereas an automation cannot. All the things you have spoken of, removing people rated too high, moving onto the next round when the remaining games are insignificant etc. can all be performed programatically.
  8. Standard memberleisurelysloth
    Man of Steel
    rushing to and fro
    Moves
    21 Jun '06 17:02
    Originally posted by zebano
    ..moving onto the next round when the remaining games are insignificant etc. can all be performed programatically.
    You'd sure think so. And yet, tournaments will sit for weeks or even months waiting on games which are (1) completely irrelevant to the tournament result, and (2) do not include any of the players who will be continuing on to the next round. Tournament 959 for instance.... 😕

Hellooooooooooo! Russ, are you there?
  9. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    21 Jun '06 17:42
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Too bad Russ hasn't replied in here. Makes me think it will never happen.
    Its amazing what one will go to, to avoid doing anything even mildly constructive...Thread 32358

D
  10. Swansea
    Moves
    21 Jun '06 17:45
    Originally posted by leisurelysloth
    You'd sure think so. And yet, tournaments will sit for weeks or even months waiting on games which are (1) completely irrelevant to the tournament result, and (2) do not include any of the players who will be continuing on to the next round. Tournament 959 for instance.... 😕

Hellooooooooooo! Russ, are you there?
    If you want his attention that badly, send feedback.
  11. Standard memberleisurelysloth
    Man of Steel
    rushing to and fro
    Moves
    21 Jun '06 18:13
    Originally posted by expressiveoutburst
    If you want his attention that badly, send feedback.
    I already did that, but the slacker's got his vacation flag set. He's probably lounging on some tropical isle, drinking something with a little umbrella in it, etc.... 😠
  12. Swansea
    Moves
    21 Jun '06 18:43
    Originally posted by leisurelysloth
    I already did that, but the slacker's got his vacation flag set. He's probably lounging on some tropical isle, drinking something with a little umbrella in it, etc.... 😠
    He always has it up, well near enough. I've sent abit of feedback in the past few days and he has replied pretty swiftly to it. Just be patient, there may have been alot sent at the same time. 🙂
  13. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    22 Jun '06 09:17
    I haven't read the entire thread (sorry) but I know the gist of what is wanted here. And yes, it is high up on the to-do list.

I am way too busy right now to implement the change, but as soon as I get a few clear days, I will make sure this is looked at. It should have been done years ago, to be honest.

-Russ
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    22 Jun '06 12:03
    Thank you, Russ, you are a god!
  15. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    23 Jun '06 11:07
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Thank you, Russ, you are a god!
    Judging by his forum avatar, I think he is one of the gods from Black & White non?

RE: This thread, defo something that needs doing, would speed up the flow of tournaments no end.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree