1. Merced, CA., USA
    Joined
    02 Dec '05
    Moves
    28015
    28 Jul '14 22:51
    There are 2 hangers on the 3-day ladder above me who haven't made a move in 2 years . . . really . . . one guy since Feb 2012. The problem is that leaving these people on the ladder reduces the choices I have when looking to challenge someome because it looks like they are involved in a game . . . so I only have 8 people to look to to challenge. Why aren't they removed? If you don't play your ladder game you should be dropped.
    Frijole
  2. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    887475
    29 Jul '14 03:27
    Originally posted by Frijole
    There are 2 hangers on the 3-day ladder above me who haven't made a move in 2 years . . . really . . . one guy since Feb 2012. The problem is that leaving these people on the ladder reduces the choices I have when looking to challenge someome because it looks like they are involved in a game . . . so I only have 8 people to look to to challenge. Why aren't they removed? If you don't play your ladder game you should be dropped.
    Frijole
    I take skulls. I favor auto skulls for tournaments, ladders and clan match games.
  3. Here
    Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    291790
    29 Jul '14 05:33
    Originally posted by Frijole
    There are 2 hangers on the 3-day ladder above me who haven't made a move in 2 years . . . really . . . one guy since Feb 2012. The problem is that leaving these people on the ladder reduces the choices I have when looking to challenge someome because it looks like they are involved in a game . . . so I only have 8 people to look to to challenge. Why aren't they removed? If you don't play your ladder game you should be dropped.
    Frijole
    I agree with you the problem seems to be that both of these people have left the site and the one game they are playing involves each other.
  4. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Joined
    18 Apr '10
    Moves
    58840
    29 Jul '14 19:22
    Originally posted by padger
    I agree with you the problem seems to be that both of these people have left the site and the one game they are playing involves each other.
    Inactive players

    Inactive players will be removed from a ladder if they have no games in progress and they have been inactive on the site for 60 days.
    This from the ladder help page.
    I assume for your comments the system is not working
  5. Here
    Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    291790
    30 Jul '14 05:04
    Originally posted by venda
    Inactive players

    Inactive players will be removed from a ladder if they have no games in progress and they have been inactive on the site for 60 days.
    This from the ladder help page.
    I assume for your comments the system is not working
    yes
  6. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Joined
    18 Apr '10
    Moves
    58840
    30 Jul '14 12:11
    Originally posted by padger
    yes
    Looks like feedback then
  7. Merced, CA., USA
    Joined
    02 Dec '05
    Moves
    28015
    30 Jul '14 21:53
    That's correct. ScottieDawg and Baz something started a ladder game back in 2012 and have never finished, yet both are sitting on the ladder. Can they be removed somehow? Thanks.

    Ed
  8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Joined
    20 Jan '09
    Moves
    316677
    31 Jul '14 00:54
    Forums are for players to use, to get the attention of the people who have the power to remove game blockages you will need to do a Send Feedback.
  9. Joined
    08 Apr '09
    Moves
    16245
    31 Jul '14 08:52
    Originally posted by venda
    Inactive players

    Inactive players will be removed from a ladder if they have no games in progress and they have been inactive on the site for 60 days.
    This from the ladder help page.
    I assume for your comments the system is not working
    Since they have a game in progress, the first condition is not met... The rule is working fine.
  10. Joined
    08 Apr '09
    Moves
    16245
    31 Jul '14 08:59
    As someone said, timeouts should be automatic in competition games. This would solve a lot.
  11. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Joined
    18 Apr '10
    Moves
    58840
    31 Jul '14 17:32
    Originally posted by tvochess
    Since they have a game in progress, the first condition is not met... The rule is working fine.
    Yes, you're right.I misread the rule
    I suggest the wording of the rule should be changed from AND inactive to OR inactive.
  12. Merced, CA., USA
    Joined
    02 Dec '05
    Moves
    28015
    01 Aug '14 03:45
    I agree with Venda . . . if they have a game in progress, but have been inactive for 60 or more days, they should be dropped.
    Thanks,
    Ed
  13. Merced, CA., USA
    Joined
    02 Dec '05
    Moves
    28015
    01 Aug '14 03:49
    P.S.: There is no "Feedback" forum . . . that's why I used the "Site Ideas" forum . . . seems to me where things like this belong.

    Regards,
    Ed
  14. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Joined
    20 Jan '09
    Moves
    316677
    01 Aug '14 04:03
    Originally posted by Frijole
    P.S.: There is no "Feedback" forum . . . that's why I used the "Site Ideas" forum . . . seems to me where things like this belong.

    Regards,
    Ed
    Send Feedback is on the bottom of every RHP page, under the Support heading.
  15. Joined
    18 Mar '08
    Moves
    34750
    06 Aug '14 18:05
    I've made remarks about this too. Still, even with such obstacles my example shows you can go to the top ranks in only 4 years or so (wink)
Back to Top