1. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 03:18
    There has been a rash of postings in various forums from 'anonymous' people.
    It is becoming irritating. I believe we should revisit the idea of preventing anyone
    with fewer than 250 moves from posting at all.

Any supporters of this idea?

Nemesio
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 03:183 edits
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    It is becoming irritating. I believe we should revisit the idea of preventing anyone

Nemesio
    Hell Yes.

Actually, I guess they could post once a up to 10 times a day in Help... Other than that...

Just stinks to change a rule because a jerk with nothing but time on their hands.

P
  3. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 03:36

Nemesio
    I dont like that Idea, when I was new, I was always asking for help about how things work, etc.

Maybe though you could put a limit of like 2 a day till you move 50 moves or somthing like that
  4. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 03:46
    Originally posted by flyUnity
    I dont like that Idea, when I was new, I was always asking for help about how things work, etc.

Maybe though you could put a limit of like 2 a day till you move 50 moves or somthing like that
    A limit of 2 days defeats the purpose of blocking spam posters.

I think Phalbibit's alteration of my idea is a good one:

Any new person can post in the help forum a few times a day,
    but needs 250 moves before being able to post in the other
    forums.

Nemesio
  5. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 04:45
    A limit of 2 days defeats the purpose of blocking spam posters.

I think alteration of my idea is a good one:

Any new person can post in the help forum a few times a day,
    but needs 250 moves before being able to post in the other
    forums.

Nemesio
    Oh I didnt see Phalbibit's Edit, I like it although, 250 is a bit high, especially for a non sucriber, I would say more like 25,
  6. West Virginia
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 05:26
    Better or possibly easier to impliment would be the completion of 5 games. Ratings are then available in the profile, why not also allow posting (Help Forum posting excluded) through this same achievement.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 07:00

Nemesio
    Make them pay to write, that way they have something to lose if
    they shoot of their mouth and attack someone. They can read, but
    inorder to write they must pay. Who knows it may clean up the
    place a little.
    Kelly
  8. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 09:542 edits
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Make them pay to write, that way they have something to lose if
    they shoot of their mouth and attack someone. They can read, but
    inorder to write they must pay. Who knows it may clean up the
    place a little.
    Kelly
    I'm all for this idea with the exception of perhaps the "Help" forum. Non-subscribers have no need to have posting-rights to the "Clan" or "Tournament" forums, and I think making all forums bar "Help" read only for non-subscribers would add an extra incentive to get people to pay, plus elevate a lot of the flaming and trolling.
  9. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 10:281 edit
    Originally posted by Exy
    I'm all for this idea with the exception of perhaps the "Help" forum. Non-subscribers have no need to have posting-rights to the "Clan" or "Tournament" forums, and I think making all forums bar "Help" read only for non-subscribers wou ...[text shortened]... get people to pay, plus elevate a lot of the flaming and trolling.
    "Meet Opponents" seems to be a newbie hangout as well.

But I'm all for the idea. Top players are threatening to leave the site because of that clown last night.

[EDIT] I rec's Nem, even though I don't agree totally with the implementation of his suggestion. Needs work.

D
  10. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 12:51
    I agree with this but think we should keep the 'meet opponents' and 'help' fora open for all, it encourages them to become part of the community and does our debating etc little damage. I'm against making the fora a subscribers priviledge, a community needs people of all sorts, and sometimes having access to the fora will encourage those people to subscribe. However, the addition of 250 moves clause seems a reasonable deterent to unwanted imbeciles. 25 is way to small, that's only one game's worth.

My two cents anyway 🙂
  11. Standard memberAlcra
    Lazy Sod
    Everywhere
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 15:46
    Originally posted by Starrman
    I agree with this but think we should keep the 'meet opponents' and 'help' fora open for all, it encourages them to become part of the community and does our debating etc little damage. I'm against making the fora a subscribers priviledge, a community needs people of all sorts, and sometimes having access to the fora will encourage those people to sub ...[text shortened]... nted imbeciles. 25 is way to small, that's only one game's worth.

My two cents anyway 🙂
    Agreed - it is but a moment's work to create a second (or third..) account, and use that to flame people. Before the "ip address" argument takes over, not everyone has static ip addresses (mine changes every time I log on (to the internet, not RHP) for example).

12. Joined
    25 Feb '04
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 17:36
    So Nemesio, you love all that slagging and forum fighting stuff BUT only if you know there name, lol, you guys just get better and better.

FGWE
  13. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 22:27
    Originally posted by forevergreenwithenvy
    So Nemesio, you love all that slagging and forum fighting stuff BUT only if you know there name, lol, you guys just get better and better.

FGWE
    Why are you still here?
  14. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 22:34
    Originally posted by forevergreenwithenvy

FGWE
    Interesting that I said nothing of the sort, yet you concluded it.

If only you could use an engine for reading comprehension like you
    did for chess...

Nemesio

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree