😞
  3. Here
    Moves
    31 May '15 11:56
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Struck a cord

😞
    It has ?
    If you are not going to help the problem then you must be a part of the problem
  4. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    03 Jun '15 02:39
    Originally posted by padger
    It has ?
    If you are not going to help the problem then you must be a part of the problem
    😴
  5. Here
    Moves
    03 Jun '15 06:16
    😴
    Blimey that took a long time to work out and you still cannot think of a proper response
  6. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    03 Jun '15 21:04
    Blimey that took a long time to work out and you still cannot think of a proper response
    Struck a NERVE 😞
  7. Here
    Moves
    04 Jun '15 05:08
    Struck a NERVE 😞
    Did I
    Well what is your answer to this problem ??
  8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    04 Jun '15 07:41
    Is this discussion really constructive?
  9. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    04 Jun '15 13:26
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Is this discussion really constructive?
    Of course. Suppressed frustration isn't healthy. 😛
  10. Here
    Moves
    04 Jun '15 20:23
    Struck a NERVE 😞
    What is wrong with my original idea
    If they do re-enlist at least they will have to pay a new subscription to do serious damage
  11. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    05 Jun '15 00:431 edit
    What is wrong with my original idea
    If they do re-enlist at least they will have to pay a new subscription to do serious damage
    1) it makes nonsense out of the entire rating system, because all I would have to do is always resign before check mate, and my rating would never go down ever again. We'd all be rated over 3000.

2) It doesn't even solve the problem you intended for it to solve! Anyone can lose hundreds of games on purpose; as long as they play every loss to mate, they still can tank their rating and come crush players of your strength in banded tournaments.
  12. Here
    Moves
    05 Jun '15 09:05
    1) it makes nonsense out of the entire rating system, because all I would have to do is always resign before check mate, and my rating would never go down ever again. We'd all be rated over 3000.

2) It doesn't even solve the problem you intended for it to solve! Anyone can lose hundreds of games on purpose; as long as they play every loss to mate, they still can tank their rating and come crush players of your strength in banded tournaments.
    So
  13. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    05 Jun '15 20:531 edit
    sometimes a player has a serious illness or accident; sometimes a player may be called off to a military posting or a civilian posting in a foreign location where internet access is unavailable for a time. in those instances, it's possible for an otherwise steady player to go through a major time out period. this happened to marko krale - second in all time moves - although i have no idea what his personal circumstances were that disrupted his play (it doesn't matter, when you think about it, right?). he actually bombed one time with more than a thousand time outs. it only happened once. would anyone challenge his record of steady play? let's just drop this one in the bin and move on.
  14. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    05 Jun '15 22:35
    Originally posted by coquette
    sometimes a player has a serious illness or accident; sometimes a player may be called off to a military posting or a civilian posting in a foreign location where internet access is unavailable for a time. in those instances, it's possible for an otherwise steady player to go through a major time out period. this happened to marko krale - second in all time ...[text shortened]... uld anyone challenge his record of steady play? let's just drop this one in the bin and move on.
    Fine! Come in here with your compassion and human decency and ruin our little slag thread. See if I care.

(Thread-killer)
  15. Here
    Moves
    06 Jun '15 06:00
    Originally posted by coquette
    sometimes a player has a serious illness or accident; sometimes a player may be called off to a military posting or a civilian posting in a foreign location where internet access is unavailable for a time. in those instances, it's possible for an otherwise steady player to go through a major time out period. this happened to marko krale - second in all time ...[text shortened]... uld anyone challenge his record of steady play? let's just drop this one in the bin and move on.
    exactly ,so why should he lose all the rating points he had earned to some complete accident

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree