Mentors

Mentors

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
24 Apr 08

When a new member joins RHP, they get a referral to a "Mentor."

Mentors would be volunteers that would be available to ask questions (pretty much the same as we see from a lot of new members - the vacation system, timer isn't counting down, why did my rating go down instead of up, etc), and also, can discuss the clans and clubs and seiges, and also offer a friendly contact when they happen to go to a public forum and make a simple comment and get a really crude and rude hostile response. The Mentor could let them know that everyone has been attacked by that member at one point or another and no one really takes those particular comments seriously. That sort of thing. Contacting the volunteer Mentor would be totally up to the new member. The admins could see how the mentors are doing by asking the new members, maybe after 3 or 6 months, if they ever contacted the Mentor and was it useful. A "Mentors" list could also be made available, just like a Mods list. That way, if a Mentor isn't responding, the new member could go to another one on the list.

c

100$ de l'heure.

Moves
24 Apr 08

Really nice idea. 🙂

e
Black Mark

walking to and fro

Moves
25 Apr 08

I myself.. being the outstanding, moral, and dedicated subscriber for the betterment of RHP... would be more than happy to get my hands on some fresh meat.. I mean ..help somebody out.🙂

DS

Moves
26 Apr 08

Good idea.

rec'd

G
Mr. Shield

Moves
26 Apr 08
1 edit

Originally posted by coquette

Mentors would be volunteers that would be available to ask questions (pretty much the same as we see from a lot of new members - the vacation system, timer isn't counting down, why did my rating go down instead of up, etc), and also, can discuss the clans and clubs and seiges, and also offer hat way, if a Mentor isn't responding, the new member could go to another one on the list.
Sounds like a good idea. I'd be happy to volunteer for that sort of thing.

Rec'd.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
26 Apr 08

Good Plan !

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
27 Apr 08

Do you go to AA or something? 😛

Get a sponsor today! 😀 ..😉

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
27 Apr 08

Of course, it's rather easy to discern who should not be a Mentor

IC

Moves
27 Apr 08

That's the craziest idea I have ever heard of. What help is a half man half bull going to be to a n00b? 😕

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
27 Apr 08

Of course, it's rather easy to discern who should not be a Mentor
Glad to be of service! 😉

C

Moves
27 Apr 08

Mentors would be volunteers that would be available to ask questions (pretty much the same as we see from a lot of new members - the vacation system, timer isn't counting down, why did my rating go down instead of up, etc), and also, can discuss the clans and clubs and seiges, and also offer ...[text shortened]... hat way, if a Mentor isn't responding, the new member could go to another one on the list.
Is this a chess site or a 12-Step Progam?

C

Moves
27 Apr 08

Originally posted by Ice Cold
That's the craziest idea I have ever heard of. What help is a half man half bull going to be to a n00b? 😕
Mentor != Minotaur

D

Moves
29 Apr 08

I would be willing to be a mentor as well.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
29 Apr 08
1 edit

This idea has been suggested a number of times, and I believe I have in the past stated it will be added. So, for what it is worth, I will say, yes, this is a fine idea, and it is most definitely worth trialling.

-Russ

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
29 Apr 08

make a simple comment and get a really crude and rude hostile response. The Mentor could let them know that everyone has been attacked by that member at one point or another and no one really takes those particular comments seriously.
A step in the right direction would be for people to be polite and helpful to people who post questions in the Help forum, don't you think coquette?
Thread 91692

D