Moderate the rec's

Moderate the rec's

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
08 May 08

Since most want to remain hidden when they rec, I suggest the mods moderate the rec'd postings that get posted to the "recommended" forum.

If the mods can moderate the regular forums, how hard would it be to poke into the rec'd forum and erase the dumbass "fixed" rec'd threads, or "your speelling is bad" posts that keep getting rec'd....or ANY post that darvlay tosses for his minions to grovel and fetter over.

M

Moves
09 May 08

If the recs forum gets a mod, there'd be deafening screams of "censorship".

If you want to recommend a post, you should have to comment as well, and show your username as the source of the comment. Then the dishonest recs would be obvious to all....

z
Mouth for war

Burlington, KY

Moves
26 May 08

Big Brother has infiltrated RHP.

e
Black Mark

walking to and fro

Moves
26 May 08

Its not that hard to figure out who rec'd what.. for example... any post that bashes the mods or points out the stupidity of no1.. came from me. No need to guess anymore.😛

z
Mouth for war

Burlington, KY

Moves
26 May 08

Originally posted by epic0002
Its not that hard to figure out who rec'd what.. for example... any post that bashes the mods or points out the stupidity of no1.. came from me. No need to guess anymore.😛
What a revolutionary.

M

Moves
27 May 08
1 edit

Does anyone actually read the recommended posts? If you hang out in the forums you don't need to, if you don't hang out in the forums you aren't interested anyway.

As other posters in this thread have pointed out, it's just another bin full of the same old stuff.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
27 May 08
2 edits

Originally posted by epic0002
...and if there were mods who remove recs, I wouldn't want yours removed.

I've said before, all posts are subject to moderation before they reach the rec list. They are what they are, why remove them?

Also, Darvlay isn't rec'd by PFC members, there are plenty of forum users who agree with Darv who are NOT members of our clan. Thinking we pile is wishful thinking, and plain wrong. Ask around.

P-

Thread 94382

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
05 Jun 08

Originally posted by Phlabibit
...and if there were mods who remove recs, I wouldn't want yours removed.

I've said before, all posts are subject to moderation before they reach the rec list. They are what they are, why remove them?

Also, Darvlay isn't rec'd by PFC members, there are plenty of forum users who agree with Darv who are NOT members of our clan. Thinking we pile is wishful thinking, and plain wrong. Ask around.

P-

Thread 94382
I thought the recommended forum was to be used a Greatest Hits type forum. A place where you could quickly look up the best posts from the past week in case you were away or didn't read every single thread that was created.

If this isn't the intent of the recommended forum then what purpose does it serve??

By moderating this forum and deleting the clearly insane recc'ings the recommended forum might hold more value.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
05 Jun 08

Originally posted by uzless
I thought the recommended forum was to be used a Greatest Hits type forum. A place where you could quickly look up the best posts from the past week in case you were away or didn't read every single thread that was created.

If this isn't the intent of the recommended forum then what purpose does it serve??

By moderating this forum and deleting the clearly insane recc'ings the recommended forum might hold more value.
It isn't a forum at all. It is a list of the rec'd posts from all forums.

You got that?

P-

p

tinyurl.com/ywohm

Moves
05 Jun 08

Value is in the eye of the beholder. That's why we each have our own private collection of ten recs. I rec things I'm in agreement with; whether or not someone else thinks it adds value to the site means nothing to me. If they don't like what I rec, they don't need to add theirs.

DS

Moves
05 Jun 08
1 edit

Originally posted by pawnhandler
Value is in the eye of the beholder. That's why we each have our own private collection of ten recs. I rec things I'm in agreement with; whether or not someone else thinks it adds value to the site means nothing to me. If they don't like what I rec, they don't need to add theirs.
You saved me writing that - thanks. 😏

edit: rec'd

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
05 Jun 08

That's fine. But why then does your rec get put into a special forum?? If your rec is just meant to represent your feelings then why do your feelings get special attention? Why do your feelings get spotlighted just because you put a rec?

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
05 Jun 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Phlabibit
It isn't a forum at all. It is a list of the rec'd posts from all forums.

You got that?

P-
Yes I get it p-man. I've posted this in SITE IDEAS...as in "hey, here's an idea to make the site BETTER"

p

tinyurl.com/ywohm

Moves
05 Jun 08

That's fine. But why then does your rec get put into a special forum?? If your rec is just meant to represent your feelings then why do your feelings get special attention? Why do your feelings get spotlighted just because you put a rec?
Because I pay Russ money every year and so he thinks I'm special.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
06 Jun 08

Because I pay Russ money every year and so he thinks I'm special.
That's not an answer. I think you've made my point for me.