1. Joined
    26 Nov '09
    Moves
    27 Nov '09 15:24
    Originally posted by Russ
    Yes, but I would have to be quite satisfied that someone (preferably, a number of people) were quite serious about writing a client before I published an API.
    I'd definitely be interested in writing a client for the Android phone. Having said that if I could get the iphone site to work on the android browser that would be easier. I'm guessing you're using some iphone safari specific stuff for piece moving as it doesnt work in firefox on my desktop or in the android browser (which is webkit based).

I'd be willing to work out what you'd need to change in the javascript if I could get non-obsfucated versions of the site script to see what its doing. Debugging that code makes my head hurt 🙁

Marcus
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    27 Nov '09 16:59
    Originally posted by Marcus Williams
    I'd definitely be interested in writing a client for the Android phone. Having said that if I could get the iphone site to work on the android browser that would be easier. I'm guessing you're using some iphone safari specific stuff for piece moving as it doesnt work in firefox on my desktop or in the android browser (which is webkit based).

I'd ...[text shortened]... the site script to see what its doing. Debugging that code makes my head hurt 🙁

Marcus
    Actually, there are only a couple of Safari "touch" events that break it on Android - if they were replaced with "click" events, all would be well.
  3. Joined
    26 Nov '09
    Moves
    30 Nov '09 09:42
    Originally posted by Russ
    Actually, there are only a couple of Safari "touch" events that break it on Android - if they were replaced with "click" events, all would be well.
    If that happens I'm definitely signing up! My No1 wish is an interface I can play through on my phone 🙂

... and I'd still be v. interested in an API, even if its just at a game level so you can list games/make moves - this would be easy enough to add into an existing chess client.

Thanks

Marcus

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree