1. Standard membercadwah
    ¯\_(^.^)_/¯
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 13:25
    Today chessatwork became blocked at my work, this leaves me able to reach just timeforchess from work, they seem to find the site I use after a few months and then block it. At this rate I may be forced to do work in the not too distant future, please can you create another mirror site to confuse the site blocking bot.

Ps. if you could also describe the site as some sort of financial institution or government site it might confuse the bosses for a bit longer.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 13:51
    Originally posted by cadwah
    Today chessatwork became blocked at my work, this leaves me able to reach just timeforchess from work, they seem to find the site I use after a few months and then block it. At this rate I may be forced to do work in the not too distant future, please can you create another mirror site to confuse the site blocking bot.

Ps. if you could also describe the s ...[text shortened]... e sort of financial institution or government site it might confuse the bosses for a bit longer.
    What happens if you use some kind of anonymity server?
    What happen if you go by a link from another site?, like google...?

Why do they ever bother, the bosses? Isn't it their job to keep the staff happy?
  3. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 15:27

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 15:391 edit
    How about? work@workforachange.com 😕 😉
  5. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 15:45

6. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 15:46

7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 16:50
    ImprotantWorkRelatedSite.com
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 16:51

Ps. if you could also describe the s ...[text shortened]... e sort of financial institution or government site it might confuse the bosses for a bit longer.
    Wouldn't it be easier to just fire you than block web sites? Let me talk with your boss.

P-
  9. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 19:13
    Doing the right thing at the wrong time? You are paid/employed to work not to play chess during work hours. Some people just never learn do they?
  10. Standard memberc99ux
    'Sir' to you
    Osaka, Japan
    Moves
    01 May '07 00:53

According to a number of recent studies, playing games on a computer and taking regular coffee/smoke breaks can sometimes improve productivity. Maybe you could find some of those studies and reports, and convince the boss that playing chess should be compulsory.
  11. Standard membercadwah
    ¯\_(^.^)_/¯
    Moves
    01 May '07 11:47
    Originally posted by z00t
    Doing the right thing at the wrong time? You are paid/employed to work not to play chess during work hours. Some people just never learn do they?
    No they don't, some people never learn that they can go to work all day and play games and still get paid.
  12. Standard membercadwah
    ¯\_(^.^)_/¯
    Moves
    01 May '07 12:02
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Wouldn't it be easier to just fire you than block web sites? Let me talk with your boss.

P-
    No, apparently they can't just fire me, they need to give me 100 verbal warnings, then some written warnings, then some final written warnings etc etc. Then I tell them I am depressed/stressed/having family trouble and they leave me alone. 😉

I love big business.
  13. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    01 May '07 12:13
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    ImprotantWorkRelatedSite.com
    ILoveMyJob.com
  14. Standard membercadwah
    ¯\_(^.^)_/¯
    Moves
    01 May '07 15:01
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    ILoveMyJob.com
    Perfect 😀😀😀
  15. Standard memberFrank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 May '07 19:20
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I lost RHP and Time for Chess. They haven't caught up with Chess at Work yet. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

I lose them when I visit the site too many times a day. It seems to send up a red flag. So I only visit on my lunch hour.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree