1. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    14 Aug '06 19:32
    Originally posted by Russ
    I was 'beaten up' about this at the London meet up, and it will be part of this current work. The 'my tournaments' button is not nearly as useful as it could be...

-Russ
    *thump*

For good measure.

😉
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    14 Aug '06 19:46
    Originally posted by sevenstar
    The inclusion of "total score" and "max possible score" cells is a real improvement.

I prefer the old colour scheme on all tournament pages far more than the new one. in v2 it's a lot of colours and borders around cells and tables. I find it somewhat distracting and far less easy to read.
    The index page is just me playing, so the boxes may (and probably will) go. The actual tournament view page is as intended in the final version though.

-Russ
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    14 Aug '06 19:47
    Originally posted by gezza
    Hi Russ
    A good improvement.

In group 6, one player has won the group, since all others have a "max possible score" less than his "total score", but it is still not decided.

Is there a good reason why not? If "Leading player or players progress. ", he is in the lead and that should be the end of that group.

Gezza
    Why indeed...

This is why I let you guys check stuff out...thanks 🙂

-Russ
  4. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    14 Aug '06 20:15
    Originally posted by Russ
    The index page is just me playing, so the boxes may (and probably will) go. The actual tournament view page is as intended in the final version though.

-Russ
    I think it is better to put the text "Total score" and "Max. possible score" a bit to the right, aligning right with the players rating. In that way it is easier to discriminate the players names in that group.
  5. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    14 Aug '06 22:311 edit
    Originally posted by Aiko
    I think it is better to put the text "Total score" and "Max. possible score" a bit to the right, aligning right with the players rating. In that way it is easier to discriminate the players names in that group.
    I really like the way the individual tournament pages are setup in the beta version (The new graphics look great and I like the cells) but the main tournament beta page looks worse to me. It's really just the same with ugly green boxes. I was hoping that the background and maybe even layout would be changed some. Going on this, why not offer choices i.e. keep the old look as an option in "my settings" and add a couple of new designs. Just a thought.
  6. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    15 Aug '06 09:03
    yes russ ... this is a priority .. it will improve most tourney issues ...

forget the rest ... get this right ...

🙂
  7. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    15 Aug '06 09:20
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    What I want in "My Tournaments" page is an option so I can see only those tournaments which is 'active', a "My Active Tournaments", i.e. those tournaments where I'm playing in the current round. That would be nice.
    If this request is granted, Russ & Co, I'll switch my photo of my mother on my bed table to yours.
    Yup, the Active Tournaments idea is good - only display tourneys where I'm still playing and another option to display tourneys were I'm progressing to the next round - It just more 'management' options.
    Also Russ, could you display my current group at the top of the view page (if I'm playing in a tournament). This will make it just a little easier in large tourneys.
  8. UK
    Moves
    15 Aug '06 13:25
    I love max possible score, saves me adding them up!

Maybe the big red / green blobs could be amber for groups that have been decided but not yet completed?
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    15 Aug '06 13:34
    When I'm at it - could we please have a link from every noame to their respective profile page, that would be nice.
    It's interesting to know ones fellow players in one click instead of opening one of their games and from there click to their profile.
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    15 Aug '06 13:41
    Originally posted by mrmist
    I love max possible score, saves me adding them up!

Maybe the big red / green blobs could be amber for groups that have been decided but not yet completed?
    That is how it was, but then I made a last minute change.

I'll trial it with them back in again.

-Russ
  11. Standard memberSnowman606
    Playing badly
    Underground
    Moves
    15 Aug '06 15:27
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/tournament/viewv2.php?tid=1137

is showing group 2 as decided when it isn't yet (unless my maths is not as good as I thought)

http://www.redhotpawn.com/tournament/viewv2.php?tid=1206

is showing group 9 as undecided when it has been (but I think you're aware of this issue already).
  12. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    15 Aug '06 16:23
    Thanks Snowman. Who coded this rubbish?

Thanks to all for doing my testing for me 😳

-Russ
  13. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    16 Aug '06 06:36
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    When I'm at it - could we please have a link from every noame to their respective profile page, that would be nice.
    It's interesting to know ones fellow players in one click instead of opening one of their games and from there click to their profile.
    Get the ouroboros user script (works with FireFox). Check out the Developers forum.
  14. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    17 Aug '06 07:538 edits
    I suggest adding two more numbers in boxes below the ratings of the players ... maximum "Total Score" and maximum "Max possible Score"

The green light test seems to be that a player has a "Total score" equal to the maximum "Max possible Score" for that group ... then they should get the green light, and progress.

The red light test could be that a player has a "Max possible Score" less than the maximum "Total score" in their group .. and they will not progress.

The tournament should then progress to the next round when:
    1/ all players are green or red.

eg ...http://www.redhotpawn.com/tournament/viewv2.php?tid=1137
    has gps 1,4 and 7 already decided.
  15. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    17 Aug '06 18:141 edit
    Just posted an update to this. People who can no progress are now slightly ghosted-out in their max possible stat box.

The other bugs should now be fixed too.

-Russ

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree