1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    13 Aug '06 19:55
    The long promised tournament's code update is now well underway. Apart from general visual improvements, the main code has had a complete re-write to support the advancement of tournament when non-influential games are still in progress.

I will put up a preview/beta page which people can take a look at tomorrow, and as always, any feedback is always appreciated.

Phase 2 of the work to actually advance the tournaments will start soon.

-Russ
  2. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    13 Aug '06 20:10

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    13 Aug '06 21:17
    Nice!

This is one reason that I like RHP so much! Things happen, the staff (Russ et al) are actually listen to us members!

(There are other reasons too. Plenty of them.)
  4. Under the North Star
    Moves
    13 Aug '06 22:09
    Yes, that's the spirit! I'm delighted to see that the subscribers' money doesn't go to waste.
  5. Joined
    21 May '06
    Moves
    13 Aug '06 23:17
    Great stuff, cheers. Particularly like the sound of the tourney advance thingy
  6. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    14 Aug '06 01:56
    Originally posted by Russ
    The long promised tournament's code update is now well underway. Apart from general visual improvements, the main code has had a complete re-write to support the advancement of tournament when non-influential games are still in progress.

I will put up a preview/beta page which people can take a look at tomorrow, and as always, any feedback is always appreciated.

Phase 2 of the work to actually advance the tournaments will start soon.

-Russ
    rec whore
  7. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    14 Aug '06 02:20
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    rec whore
    Maybe I'll see a KG tourney there too Russ? 🙂
  8. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    14 Aug '06 09:45
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    This is one reason that I like RHP so much! Things happen, the staff (Russ et al) are actually listen to us members!
    Chris wouldn't take too kindly to being called Al.

D
  9. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Aug '06 12:151 edit
    Russ,

Regarding the 'My Tournaments' page - is it easy to somehow highlight which tournament you are 'still influential in'? If you've got code to tell whether players are still influential in a tourney then this should be relatively simple, right?

It would be nice to look at the 'My Tournaments' page and not try to remember which of your tourneys you're already out of.

Cheers!
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Aug '06 12:24
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Chris wouldn't take too kindly to being called Al.

D
    Perhaps I should write "Russ & Co"...
    Sometimes I'm just sooo latinized...
  11. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    14 Aug '06 13:18
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/tournament/indexv2.php - for this demo only tournaments will pop up in new windows.

An example where progression in at least one group is possible :

http://www.redhotpawn.com/tournament/viewv2.php?tid=1181

Things to note : Certain buttons will drop you back to the existing tournament pages - so you may need to keep re-entering the v2 part of the URLs.

If you see anything you suspect is a problem, please let me know in this thread. Thanks all,

-Russ
  12. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    14 Aug '06 13:20
    I was 'beaten up' about this at the London meet up, and it will be part of this current work. The 'my tournaments' button is not nearly as useful as it could be...

-Russ
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Aug '06 14:04
    I was 'beaten up' about this at the London meet up, and it will be part of this current work. The 'my tournaments' button is not nearly as useful as it could be...

-Russ
    What I want in "My Tournaments" page is an option so I can see only those tournaments which is 'active', a "My Active Tournaments", i.e. those tournaments where I'm playing in the current round. That would be nice.
    If this request is granted, Russ & Co, I'll switch my photo of my mother on my bed table to yours.
  14. Joined
    07 Jun '05
    Moves
    14 Aug '06 17:32

http://www.redhotpawn.com/tournament/viewv2.php?tid=1181

If you see anything you suspect is a problem, please let me know in this thread. Thanks all,

-Russ
    Hi Russ
    A good improvement.

In group 6, one player has won the group, since all others have a "max possible score" less than his "total score", but it is still not decided.

Is there a good reason why not? If "Leading player or players progress. ", he is in the lead and that should be the end of that group.

On the "all tournments" page I preferred the old colour scheme - green and bold without boxes - to the new with boxes scheme..

Gezza
  15. Joined
    23 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Aug '06 19:29
    The inclusion of "total score" and "max possible score" cells is a real improvement.

I prefer the old colour scheme on all tournament pages far more than the new one. in v2 it's a lot of colours and borders around cells and tables. I find it somewhat distracting and far less easy to read.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree