1. Joined
    02 Feb '05
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 02:10
    We Originally posted by PocketKings
    I've mentioned this in general forum during the middle of some long threads so it didn't get much attention. But a lot of non-subs are really starting to get annoying and they get are getting such a great deal from this site for $0.00 (nothing). They rub it in all the time and say how we subs are suckers for putting up money to support this site. It ...[text shortened]... y annoying (i'm just saying what i know alot of you have been thinking). down to the non-subs!!
    I think we have gone through this topic umpteen times and I have lost count of how many times the subs are always the first to start the war about the non-subs doing this or that without having to pay for anything. Basically I subscribed because I want to play in tourneys and clan games and yes more extra games and that is about all. If that is the way you feel, you should just remain as a non-sub. We were all once non-subs before becoming subs so stop picking on the non-subs.
  2. Standard memberleestatic
    Hristos voskrese
    feckin' 'ell
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 05:54
    Subs could support the site even more and get these http://www.cafepress.com/rhp001.1591378 and impress your woman at the same time🙄
  3. Joined
    02 Feb '05
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 09:16
    The Forums are for everyone subs or non-subs and whether anyone likes it or not it will remain that way. The main idea of the forums is to communicate with each other, sharing ideas and thoughts and so on and so forth. Everyone do have faults and subs are no exceptional.
  4. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 12:55
    Originally posted by gregorytan
    I think we have gone through this topic umpteen times and I have lost count of how many times the subs are always the first to start the war about the non-subs doing this or that without having to pay for anything. Basically I subscribed because I want to play in tourneys and clan games and yes more extra games and that is about all. If that is the way yo ...[text shortened]... in as a non-sub. We were all once non-subs before becoming subs so stop picking on the non-subs.
    wow, talk about missing the point. i get it ok, many of you that have been around for years made your points and i see what you mean. and I'll pick on whoever i want to pick on gregorytan. welcome to my list you d&*che
  5. Joined
    12 Feb '05
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 13:12
    So PocketKings, I assume you paid the subscription fee to get a special status in the forums? Pathetic.
    I'll repeat it: the forums are for everyone. You don't pay to be treated better in the forums.
    On the contrary, I think the best of a forum is that everyone is equal and allowed to voice their opinion. The only thing you are doing right now is discriminating.
  6. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 13:52
    Originally posted by Ravello
    Who would be such a fool...?
    Guess.
  7. Fear The Cow
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 13:56
    Originally posted by Bowmann
    Guess.
    You?
  8. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 13:58
    Originally posted by Bowmann
    Guess.
    Your boyfriend TRAINS44.
  9. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 14:081 edit
    Originally posted by schakuhr
    So PocketKings, I assume you paid the subscription fee to get a special status in the forums? Pathetic.
    I'll repeat it: [b]the forums are for everyone. You don't pay to be treated better in the forums.

On the contrary, I think the best of a forum is that everyone is equal and allowed to voice their opinion. The only thing you are doing right now is discriminating.[/b]
    for the last time fat man, i'm not just talking about forums, i was talking about the entire site. whats pathetic is how you also missed the point. but as i said before, nevermind. go away fat man
  10. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 14:29
    PocketKings - Jean Hebert is a non-sub. He is one of the only (perhaps the only) IM playing here. Would it be sensible for Russ to kick him off for the sake of £20?

Bowmann - For better or worse, you are in a class of your own.

Xanthos - Perhaps your post was ignored cos it was quite similar to mine, but a bit more wordy. As a non-sub I have to ration EVERY WORD.

Darvlay - How about a rematch sometime? My rating has taken a bit of a hit though.

Russ - Please god let me pay by cheque. Or washing your car, or something.

Mum - I'll ring tonight. Promise.
  11. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 14:30
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    for the time fat man, i'm not just talking about forums, i was talking about the entire site. whats pathetic is how you also missed the point. but as i said before, nevermind. go away fat man
    You can't BUY this quality of post.
  12. Joined
    15 Mar '05
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 14:59
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    That huge block of words back there with my name next to it? It took me a damn long time. And you bastards are just ignoring it.
    Lol! I didn't ignore it! I thought it was elegantly put. I didn't think you were just looking for kudos. 🙂
  13. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 15:05
    for the last time fat man, i'm not just talking about forums, i was talking about the entire site. whats pathetic is how you also missed the point. but as i said before, nevermind. go away fat man
    If RHP had anything like the restrictions you are advocating I wouldn't be here. I'm sure many other subscribers can say exactly the same thing. In the end RHP is a business. Russ has to do what he feels is best for the site. He, in his (in)finite wisdom has set the non-subs restrictions where he believes is best to encourage people to join and still have something worth subscribing for. To my mind he has it right on the money, so to speak.

If you want a chess site with different restrictions then make one.
  14. Joined
    02 Feb '05
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 15:23
    wow, talk about missing the point. i get it ok, many of you that have been around for years made your points and i see what you mean. and I'll pick on whoever i want to pick on gregorytan. welcome to my list you d&*che
    Thanks for your kind message. I would appreciate more of it. In fact more kind words of this kind the more the better. Anymore? Seriously I couldn't care less about whether you are a sub or not because apparently the non-subs are very much better mannered than you. You are acting like the whole world is owing you something just because you subscribed.
  15. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 17:06
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    If RHP had anything like the restrictions you are advocating I wouldn't be here. I'm sure many other subscribers can say exactly the same thing. In the end RHP is a business. Russ has to do what he feels is best for the site. He, in his (in)finite wisdom has set the non-subs restrictions where he believes is best to encourage people to join and still hav ...[text shortened]... the money, so to speak.

If you want a chess site with different restrictions then make one.
    relax before you start attacking me. I never said anything insulting to you. I agreed with you a long time ago in this very thread, i know you have been here longer then me and have more knowledge of what makes it work. now i'm just arguing with another bunch of morons

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree