1. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    05 Jul '08 10:30
    Originally posted by Sniggasourous
    I think it would be great to have the option to set your current status or availability. What does everyone think?
    What happens when you set it and then forget to unset it?

Do you get punished?
  2. Joined
    17 Jun '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 07:41
    Of coarse, I mean, there is no reason or purpose behind doing that.
    Kind of like some people are born morons for no particular reason. Just unlucky I guess.
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    07 Jul '08 13:53
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I like the little green dot. (If you have moved within 10 minutes, then you see it, else you don't. *)

I would like to see the green dot when you do anything in the site, even going from one page to another. As a mark that you're there.

(* And I don't want it to be possible to turn off. Activity of any kind and the green dot should appear and be seen.
    Would you like DNA samples and finger prints too?

P-
  4. Joined
    17 Jun '08
    Moves
    08 Jul '08 01:22
    Ok, maybe I was mistaken, I thought this forum was for site ideas where people would give constructive feedback. But apparently this is actually a forum where people come up with ideas and if they're not liked by everyone, silly people will say things like, "would you like a DNA sample too", the relevance of this comment is beyond me so i say to you in response, would you prefer a pet duck or a cooked duck?
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Jul '08 08:461 edit
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Would you like DNA samples and finger prints too?

P-
    No, why would you think that? This is not an american airport...
  6. Joined
    21 Nov '07
    Moves
    08 Jul '08 12:57
    Well, if we're going to have status updates, I suggest we make something
    funny of them. Like: staring into thin air, masturbating, picking my nose
    and so on. Very funny things. I'm rolling on the floor laughing at my own
    sense of humour, in fact. The reason I'm still typing while rolling on the
    floor laughing is that my concious self haven't yet realised I'm rolling on
    the floor laughing.

Current status: Rolling on the floor laughing.
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 Jul '08 13:08
    No, why would you think that? This is not an american airport...
    Why would I think that? May have something to do with your post.

I rather move in those games which players are at the computer doing anything. Now I know that they recently made a move, but not if they are in the forums discussing something.

So basically it's a way of prioritizing what games it's worth moving.

Also if any of my friends are being there so I can mail him, knowing that he will read it right away.

You want to broadcast if I'm online, I could be reading a post, I could be making a chess move... I could be loading an avatar.

I can shut of my green dot if I like, but you would prefer everyone knows if I'm around.

Next, someone sees a post that perhaps should be removed and claims "Phlabs was online, and did nothing!"

or

"My post was removed, and Phlabs was online"!

That is why I wrote what I wrote, it's not your business if I'm online... there is no logical reason to 'prove' I'm online if I don't wish you to know I am.

P-
  8. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    08 Jul '08 14:031 edit
    I rather move in those games which players are at the computer doing anything. Now I know that they recently made a move, but not if they are in the forums discussing something.

So basically it's a way of prioritizing what games it's worth mov is no logical reason to 'prove' I'm online if I don't wish you to know I am.

P-
    You heartless bastard! My mother died when Phlabs was online! 😠
  9. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    08 Jul '08 15:35
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    You heartless bastard! My mother died when Phlabs was online! 😠
    Let me guess. He did NOTHING!~
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Jul '08 16:111 edit
    Why would I think that? May have something to do with your post.

So basically it's a way of prioritizing what games it's worth mov is no logical reason to 'prove' I'm online if I don't wish you to know I am.

P-
    You seems to think this is a very serious matter? Is it really? Do you really think DNA should have anything to do with it?

If I can't se your green dot, who cares. But I want to show my green dot, not only when I've done a move and 10 minutes thereafter, but whenever I am online at RHP.

Pecause when people see my green dot, the can make a move of one of our games, and they can be sure that I see it right away, perhaps even make a counter move. I'm not embaressed to show my green dot, why would anyone?

(Unless I am at work and my boss wants to know if I'm active with what I should do, or if I'm active with RHP. But I can hide my green dot so it is of no problem.)
  11. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 Jul '08 16:29
    You seems to think this is a very serious matter? Is it really? Do you really think DNA should have anything to do with it?

If I can't se your green dot, who cares. But I want to show my green dot, not only when I've done a move and 10 minutes thereafter, but whenever I am online at RHP.

Pecause when people see my green dot, the can make a move of o ...[text shortened]... should do, or if I'm active with RHP. But I can hide my green dot so it is of no problem.)
    Here in America we have something you may have heard of, it is called Freedom!

There are people who would remove these liberties, they claim "Why do you need a right to privacy? Do you have something to hide"?

Just remember, No one is free when others are oppressed. Would you take freedom from everyone so you can know if I'm online?

Your answer will be no.

P-
  12. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    08 Jul '08 17:05
    If I can't se your green dot, who cares.
    Then, why did you write this? "And I don't want it to be possible to turn off."

D
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Jul '08 18:02
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Then, why did you write this? "And I don't want it to be possible to turn off."

D
    Oh, I did? Is that what's bothering anyone?

Okay, here's my view:
    I am anonymous, you are anonymous, everyone are anonymous. If my name is Fabian, Charlotte or Jesus, noone knows, perhaps not even Russ. You know only what I've written about myself, and this can be true or it can be false. Noone, but my close freinds, knows.
    Of the same reason evryone else is anonymous at that level decided by you. Your anonymity is secured.

Wo what is it so important to hide you small green dot or not? What information about yourself is let out and feel so threatened by you? I would say none.

I actually forgot that I wrote that it shouldn't be possible to turn off. If that remark is making all these feelings of lost freedom, so, by all means, let the possibility stay.

I like to know when my friends are online, I like my friends to know when I am online. Some friends are as anonymous as you are, some I know more about. For some I am anonyomus as you are, some knows who I am. I don't mind. I alone am responsible for my own anonymity, as are everyone else about theirs.

I like the little green dot. I want mine to stay.
  14. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 Jul '08 18:24
    Oh, I did? Is that what's bothering anyone?

Okay, here's my view:
    I am anonymous, you are anonymous, everyone are anonymous. If my name is Fabian, Charlotte or Jesus, noone knows, perhaps not even Russ. You know only what I've written about myself, and this can be true or it can be false. Noone, but my close freinds, knows.
    Of the same reason evryone ...[text shortened]... ty, as are everyone else about theirs.

I like the little green dot. I want mine to stay.
    Again, you question the need for freedom of privacy. You suspect we have something to hide, and now will go to all ends to find out what we are doing. It seems you are trying to develop a book of our most inner secrets with your all knowing green dots of oppression! I beg you stop!

Just remember, No man can put a chain about the ankle of his fellow man without at last finding the other end fastened about his own neck.

P-
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Jul '08 18:571 edit
    Again, you question the need for freedom of privacy. You suspect we have something to hide, and now will go to all ends to find out what we are doing. It seems you are trying to develop a book of our most inner secrets with your all knowing green dots of oppression! I beg you stop!

Just remember, No man can put a chain about the ankle of his fellow man without at last finding the other end fastened about his own neck.

P-
    What harm is it for me to know that you're online? I don't know even who you are? I don't even know what I can do with this information outside RHP?

"Hey, CIA, there is a person who says his name is Phlabibit, do you know that he is online on RHP right now?" 🙂

As long there is a Guantanamo sitting there without trial years after years... *This* is not freedom. Me knowing that you are online at RHP, have you lesser freedom because of that? Where is propotions...?

I think this discussion stems from an misunderstanding... I'm otherwise surprised...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree