1. Joined
    17 Jun '08
    Moves
    27 Jun '08 03:59
    I think it would be great to have the option to set your current status or availability. What does everyone think?
  2. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    27 Jun '08 20:11
    Originally posted by Sniggasourous
    I think it would be great to have the option to set your current status or availability. What does everyone think?
    You can display that now as "Location." 😲
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Jun '08 20:271 edit
    My Settings......then......My Profile settings

I don't know if that is exactly what you are looking for?
  4. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    27 Jun '08 22:38
    This is a correspondence site. The time controls are measured in days. There is no need for this kind of up-to-the-minute information.
  5. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    27 Jun '08 22:53
    MyFaceSpaceBook is that way ---------- >
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    28 Jun '08 06:271 edit
    I like the little green dot. (If you have moved within 10 minutes, then you see it, else you don't. *)

I would like to see the green dot when you do anything in the site, even going from one page to another. As a mark that you're there.

(* And I don't want it to be possible to turn off. Activity of any kind and the green dot should appear and be seen.
  7. The sky
    Moves
    28 Jun '08 11:07
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I like the little green dot. (If you have moved within 10 minutes, then you see it, else you don't. *)

I would like to see the green dot when you do anything in the site, even going from one page to another. As a mark that you're there.

(* And I don't want it to be possible to turn off. Activity of any kind and the green dot should appear and be seen.
    Why?
  8. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    28 Jun '08 12:22
    Anti-rec. I didn't realise that the Swedes were pro-fascist style invasions of privacy.

D
  9. The sky
    Moves
    28 Jun '08 14:31
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Anti-rec. I didn't realise that the Swedes were pro-fascist style invasions of privacy.

D
    Calling FabianFnas "the Swedes", and calling showing a green dot when a user is active on the site "fascist style invasions of privacy", seems to me like a very slight exaggeration. 🙂
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    28 Jun '08 16:33
    Originally posted by Ragnorak

D
    Oh, you have no idea what's going on in Sweden these days.
    FRA is the keyword in this. Not suitable as a discussion in "Site Ideas" forum... Not very far behind of USA.
  11. The sky
    Moves
    28 Jun '08 20:44
    Oh, you have no idea what's going on in Sweden these days.
    FRA is the keyword in this. Not suitable as a discussion in "Site Ideas" forum... Not very far behind of USA.
    Back to the topic... Why do you want to be able to see (and people not to be able to decide whether they want you to see) if someone is active in some way on the site? To get the chance to be annoyed more often when someone is active, but not moving in your game?
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    28 Jun '08 21:041 edit
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Back to the topic... Why do you want to be able to see (and people not to be able to decide whether they want you to see) if someone is active in some way on the site? To get the chance to be annoyed more often when someone is active, but not moving in your game?
    I rather move in those games which players are at the computer doing anything. Now I know that they recently made a move, but not if they are in the forums discussing something.

So basically it's a way of prioritizing what games it's worth moving.

Also if any of my friends are being there so I can mail him, knowing that he will read it right away.
  13. Earth Prime
    Moves
    28 Jun '08 21:25
    Twitter ----------------->
  14. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    02 Jul '08 20:00
    this isn't facebook...how many websites do you need telling everyone what mundane thing you're up to this minute?
  15. Joined
    17 Jun '08
    Moves
    05 Jul '08 08:24
    You know. This shares a lot in common with face book and myspace, ie, childish insults.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree