1. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 Jul '08 19:20
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    What harm is it for me to know that you're online? I don't know even who you are? I don't even know what I can do with this information outside RHP?

"Hey, CIA, there is a person who says his name is Phlabibit, do you know that he is online on RHP right now?" πŸ™‚

As long there is a Guantanamo sitting there without trial years after years... *This* is ...[text shortened]... .?

I think this discussion stems from an misunderstanding... I'm otherwise surprised...
    Here's the thing, you don't care if people know you are online, and I do.

You reason based on your opinions about my anonymity online and who knows and who doesn't know me or who or who doesn't care. You don't know my true reason for not wanting this feature, yet will still argue that there is no reason anyone should care if this feature is permanently on.

You can't honestly think that your view of info pertains to everyone the same way it pertains to you?

P-
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Jul '08 20:20
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Here's the thing, you don't care if people know you are online, and I do.

You reason based on your opinions about my anonymity online and who knows and who doesn't know me or who or who doesn't care. You don't know my true reason for not wanting this feature, yet will still argue that there is no reason anyone should care if this feature is permanent ...[text shortened]... y think that your view of info pertains to everyone the same way it pertains to you?

P-
    I'm so surprised over this reaction of yours. I think it's out of proportion. You certainly don't.

I still have my view, but it's a minor thing among everything else here at RHP.
    I can find out when you did your last move, even which it was, and to whom. I can see all your tournaments wins, and I can see your losses and wins. I can read your last posting, and when you wrote it. I can read your profile, see your performance. And more than that. So a green little dot is important for your integrity and it threatens your reedom. Okay, so it be. But I still don't know why.

I don't want to discuss this further. It violates my freedom of speach and my personal integrity. So there...
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 Jul '08 20:42
    I'm so surprised over this reaction of yours. I think it's out of proportion. You certainly don't.

I still have my view, but it's a minor thing among everything else here at RHP.
    I can find out when you did your last move, even which it was, and to whom. I can see all your tournaments wins, and I can see your losses and wins. I can read your last post ...[text shortened]... cuss this further. It violates my freedom of speach and my personal integrity. So there...
    So you HAVE been watching me?@

😲

πŸ˜‰

P-
  4. The sky
    Moves
    08 Jul '08 20:56
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    So you HAVE been watching me?@

😲

πŸ˜‰

P-
    We are all watching you.
  5. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateβ„’
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    09 Jul '08 09:41
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Let me guess. He did NOTHING!~
    There wasn't much he could do - Phlabs IS my mother.
  6. Joined
    19 Dec '07
    Moves
    09 Jul '08 12:281 edit
    that is a brilliant idea.
    also if someone comes off the green dot should come off becaSE I LIKE QUICK GAMES AND SO I CHOOSE SOMEONE WITH A GREEN DOTR BUT THEY DON'T MOVE

SORRY ABOUT CAPITALS. BUTTON IS STUCK
  7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    09 Jul '08 13:23
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    There wasn't much he could do - Phlabs IS my mother.
    How long did the green dot stay on after the tragedy?
  8. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    09 Jul '08 18:38
    What harm is it for me to know that you're online? I don't know even who you are? I don't even know what I can do with this information outside RHP?
    Lets say you're my boss.

Now, use your imagination.

D
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Jul '08 22:39
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Lets say you're my boss.

Now, use your imagination.

D
    Why would anyone tell his RHP name to his boss? Thus giving him a way to monitor you?
    I'm smart, my boss doesn't know who I am in RHP. Are you smart, Rag?
  10. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    09 Jul '08 22:45
    Why would anyone tell his RHP name to his boss? Thus giving him a way to monitor you?
    I guess I am smart. I don't have a boss.

However, not everybody is so blessed (cursed? )

D
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 07:48
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    I guess I am smart. I don't have a boss.

However, not everybody is so blessed (cursed? )

D
    Then you're smart.
    And perhaps I'm not so smart.
    I can't change my name from FabianFnas to something that cannot be related to me personally.
  12. Joined
    21 Nov '07
    Moves
    10 Jul '08 14:20
    Didn't you know that unless you work in a very small place, everything you
    do on the Internet during work hours is monitored? Your boss knows you're
    here whether the green dot is visible or not.
  13. Joined
    17 Jun '08
    Moves
    11 Jul '08 03:26
    Which comes back to the initial idea, you could set your status to working hard at work and that may even impress your boss?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree