1. Joined
    24 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Aug '07 21:311 edit
    Just a thought - not necessarily in favour but wondered what everyone's opinion would be. Could we have a system where you leave feedback for your opponent after a game, a bit like on eBay? You could leave negative feedback for behaviour you find annoying, with reasons, and others could factor this in when deciding whether to play someone. For example, if you complain that someone puts his vacation flag up, or slows down when losing, then others could see that and, if they hate that sort of thing too, they wouldn't have to play that player.
  2. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    12 Aug '07 21:361 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. USA
    Moves
    12 Aug '07 21:40
    Originally posted by d36366
    Just a thought - not necessarily in favour but wondered what everyone's opinion would be. Could we have a system where you leave feedback for your opponent after a game, a bit like on eBay? You could leave negative feedback for behaviour you find annoying, with reasons, and others could factor this in when deciding whether to play someone. For example, if you ...[text shortened]... uld see that and, if they hate that sort of thing too, they wouldn't have to play that player.
    ya what s.s. said, de-recc'd!
  4. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    12 Aug '07 21:42
    i have the same concerns, but it might work, since everything is recorded. For example:

feedback: this player is a total jerk. he delays the game and then abuses you for making a good move. this was a terrible experience for me.

player sees the feedback and notifies a moderator appealing the posting. the mod looks at the game, the times, the messages and sees that it was inappropriate and the result is the "stain" is removed and the nasty lying poster is warned. a second offense and the privilege of using the feedback system is lost.

maybe it's all too complex to implement, though
  5. Joined
    24 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Aug '07 06:46
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I had those concerns, too, but it works on eBay, where the same issue seems to apply. One of the factors which seems to help there is that feedback is two way - if you give negative feedback, you often get tit-for-tat negative feedback, but then other users can read the feedback and judge who to believe. For example, suppose user XXX plays user YYY and they give each other negative feedback as follows: "YYY: Player XXX is a cheating ####", "XXX: I don't understand why YYY is saying that about me. I beat him fair and square. I have asked YYY to explain why he said that and he hasn't replied, so I have left him negative feedback in response to this unfair comment." If you then look and see that YYY says that about everyone who beats him, and XXX gets generally good feedback, then you can draw your own conclusions.
  6. A dark cave
    Moves
    13 Aug '07 09:56
    Having used this extensively on eBay I don't like this system at all. All that happens is if you leave neg feedback, you get neg feedback. It started well but now it's all tit for tat. As a result I have a negative feedback for being a good eBayer! Sorry - I hate to poor scorn on ideas, but I can really see this descending into chaos. I think the current system works fine. As long as you stick to the rules, you carry on playing. I think the best way to find out if you want to play someone is to check out their profile. If you agree with their sentiments or like the sound of them, then challenge. If not - keep looking.
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    13 Aug '07 12:09
    Actually, I don't like the concept of 'player feedback' at all.
    No one has the right to call another player a jerk, even if he is one.

When I find an opponent so annoying that I can't stand his behaviour, then I put him on my ignore list as long we play the game. This means that I have no problem of jerks at all.

Reporting nerds as 'player feedback' reminds me of when I was a small child hooting "Mommy, mommy, my brother is a jerk!". Now I am grown up.
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    13 Aug '07 16:27
    No, for all the reasons discussed above. Much as I would like for it to work, I could see an admin nightmare ahead if this was implemented...

-Russ
  9. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    14 Aug '07 00:20
    Originally posted by Russ
    No, for all the reasons discussed above. Much as I would like for it to work, I could see an admin nightmare ahead if this was implemented...

-Russ
    good, people would just turn on each other...
  10. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    17 Aug '07 21:451 edit
    He hasn't seen the General Forum yet? 😕

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree