1. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    01 Jan '06 21:25
    I think it would be nice to be able to recall a message that you have sent. Especially if the message has never been opened before. I am real bad about changing my mind about something sometimes. And having second thoughts and a clearer head latter tells me it might not have been a good idea to have sent a message in the heat of battle. Deplomacy is a vertue I do not always have. Argggg.
  2. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    01 Jan '06 22:48
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    I think it would be nice to be able to recall a message that you have sent. Especially if the message has never been opened before. I am real bad about changing my mind about something sometimes. And having second thoughts and a clearer head latter tells me it might not have been a good idea to have sent a message in the heat of battle. Deplomacy is a vertue I do not always have. Argggg.
    Imagine the send button to be like the 'move' button and pause to think 'do I really want to make this move?' before you go ahead and click it.
  3. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    01 Jan '06 23:47
    Originally posted by rhb
    Imagine the send button to be like the 'move' button and pause to think 'do I really want to make this move?' before you go ahead and click it.
    Well imagine that there is a retrieve button or a delete button. Just like there is for messages received. I can imagine that your theory sounds great but how many games of chess have you lost even when you think that you are sure you have made the right move. I am not talking about playing a game of chess. I am talking about people and being able to recall an email which should not have been sent. It should not be that difficult. It is done everyday in the real world. It's just a matter of respect to both parties involved. I don't want anyone to start world war III here. I am sure I am not the only one who wishes they were able to take their words back. And I am not saying that someone might need to recall an item only because something is offensive but for other reasons as well. Besides we are all human and we make mistakes therefore there should be a way to call back a loose nuke. The technology is simple and available. But I suppose that would be up to Russ to decide.
  4. Joined
    19 Jul '05
    Moves
    01 Jan '06 23:57
    ahah,you sent a offense message to your opponent and now you wish you never did it?
    You should have thought about it first!
  5. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    02 Jan '06 00:15
    Originally posted by Fisich
    ahah,you sent a offense message to your opponent and now you wish you never did it?
    You should have thought about it first!
    Guilty your Honor. Fine me. You are I didn't think (should have could have would have applies) and now I am thinking. And for you too I might add. I broke the golden rule. Am I going to hell?
  6. Joined
    19 Jul '05
    Moves
    02 Jan '06 00:18
    Guilty your Honor. Fine me. You are I didn't think (should have could have would have applies) and now I am thinking. And for you too I might add. I broke the golden rule. Am I going to hell?
    You should learn to write properly,your sentence seems written by a fingerless monkey.
  7. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    02 Jan '06 00:25
    Originally posted by Fisich
    You should learn to write properly,your sentence seems written by a fingerless monkey.
    I am offended take it back. 😠😵 Haha.
  8. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    02 Jan '06 00:501 edit
    Well imagine that there is a retrieve button or a delete button. Just like there is for messages received. I can imagine that your theory sounds great but how many games of chess have you lost even when you think that you are sure you have made the right move. I am not talking about playing a game of chess. I am talking about people and being able to r uke. The technology is simple and available. But I suppose that would be up to Russ to decide.
    I've lost no games where I was sure I had made the right move. I've lost plenty where I thought I'd made the right move.

I'm pretty sure (and would hope) that the Site developers have better things to do than write code to compensate for the inability of others to read what they've written and judge if it is appropriate before they click send.

As for your comment about 'It is done everyday in the real world' - what rubbish. What's said is said, and what's posted is generally delivered.

Take some responsibility for your behaviour on the site, rather than relying on new site features else to offer you a 'get out'.

Feel free to send some 'loose nukes' my way.
  9. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    02 Jan '06 02:12
    Originally posted by rhb
    I've lost no games where I was sure I had made the right move. I've lost plenty where I thought I'd made the right move.

I'm pretty sure (and would hope) that the Site developers have better things to do than write code to compensate for the inability of others to read what they've written and judge if it is appropriate before they click send.

As for your ...[text shortened]... ures else to offer you a 'get out'.

Well it is evident that you know very little about site development. If so tell me what they have to do that is so important that they couldn't do this too. Email retrieval is done everyday. Weather you know about it or not. And while it is true that most posts that are sent is delivered, that may be because there is no function available to do otherwise. It could be as simple as wanting to correct a spelling issue or to add or remove a word that was overlooked. Now having said that remember that this thread is for making suggestions for ideas to improve this site not to hinder that from occurring. If you oppose the feature feel free not to use it should it ever become available. I am not sure why you would hope that they have better things to do than to make an improvement. Personally I am glad someone came up with the idea to put an eraser on the end of a pencil. Even if they had better things to do. I think I am being very responsible. I think it would be a very progressive and positive adjustment. Stick you your horse and buggy if you choose. I feel like you are entitled to your opinions same as I am. Actually I don't feel I have ever posted anything very offensive but was only trying to demonstrate a point. I don't want to give you any loose nukes. I only want to suggest that if you cant lead or follow just get out of the way.😛
  10. Playing with matches
    Moves
    02 Jan '06 02:49
    Rec'd! That's brilliant. Many a time I've sent a message that I'd like to cut my opponents ***hole out or skull f*K their mothers and regreted it.
  11. Playing with matches
    Moves
    02 Jan '06 02:54
    Originally posted by rhb

As for your ...[text shortened]... ures else to offer you a 'get out'.

You're obviously a total git. Try unknotting your panties and stop being such a condesending nut juggler.
  12. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    02 Jan '06 13:17
    Well it is evident that you know very little about site development. If so tell me what they have to do that is so important that they couldn't do this too. Email retrieval is done everyday. Weather you know about it or not. And while it is true that most posts that are sent is delivered, that may be because there is no function available to do otherwis ...[text shortened]... oose nukes. I only want to suggest that if you cant lead or follow just get out of the way.😛
    tell me what they have to do that is so important

I'd rather time were spent developing the new analyse board etc, developments to the chess interface rather than the sideshows.

I am glad someone came up with the idea to put an eraser on the end of a pencil

The computer equivalent is the delete key, not the recall message function.

Now having said that remember that this thread is for making suggestions for ideas to improve this site not to hinder that from occurring

It is also a place to discuss ideas, not just to accept all as being the best thing since sliced bread.

I only want to suggest that if you cant lead or follow just get out of the way.

I believe Hitler thought similar of the Jews.
  13. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    02 Jan '06 21:52
    I love it!

Don't mind rhb. He's ginger.

D
  14. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    03 Jan '06 01:35
    Originally posted by rhb
    tell me what they have to do that is so important

I'd rather time were spent developing the new analyse board etc, developments to the chess interface rather than the sideshows.

I am glad someone came up with the idea to put an eraser on the end of a pencil

The computer equivalent is the delete key, not the recall message function.

N ...[text shortened]... nt lead or follow just get out of the way.

I believe Hitler thought similar of the Jews.
    Okay great now I am Hitler? Because I same as told you that you are a negative Jerk. Or probably should have. And I don't give a rats azz if I offend you or not. There is nothing positive about your comments. There is a guy like you in every crowd. If its not what you want you think no one else would. I am glad the Wright Brothers didn't listen to you. Not that this compairs tio anything they did. Well Hitler was great about making misquotes and propaganda same as you. Picking and choosing half sentences to make an argument about. How about the part where I said that there is room for more than one idea. And that a developer can do more than just make one improvement. That is providing there are funds available to do so? And that it would be up to Russ to make the decisions as to what he provides? What is this either or attitude you seem to have? Okay look you want me to X out your silly idea about upgrading the analyze board. There is software on every street corner on the web you can get all by yourself to assist you in analyzing the games you are playing. Why should Russ need to spend his money on something to help you do something you could easily do all by yourself. If you would spend the time doing your homework and your own analysis you could improve your game and wouldn't feel the need to argue with me and try to hinder someone else's ideas that is less fating than your bread recipe. Now if there is any upgrade to this great website, I am all for it whatever it is. Even your suggestion. But I am not going to wast anymore time discussing your idea that you probably stole from some other poster. Especially on a thread that I created. I am aware that my idea is not idea if the year buts its not a bad one either. Have a nice life.
  15. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    03 Jan '06 03:47
    Okay great now I am Hitler? Because I same as told you that you are a negative Jerk. Or probably should have. And I don't give a rats azz if I offend you or not. There is nothing positive about your comments. There is a guy like you in every crowd. If its not what you want you think no one else would. I am glad the Wright Brothers didn't listen to you. ...[text shortened]... aware that my idea is not idea if the year buts its not a bad one either. Have a nice life.
    Paragraphing, spelling, grammar. Convicted of the murder of all.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree