1. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    24 Dec '04 13:47
    How about this, if anything were going to change at all.....

How about Non stars could give out as many recs as they got so far? So lets say you have 2 recs as a non-star... you could give out 2. The better posts a non-star writes, the more recs they get... the more recs they could give.

I still say recs have nothing to do with your chess skill... and I've been here almost 2 years and won't have 10,000 moves for some time to come... yet here I sit with 300+ recs, cuz some people like what I've had to say.

Change might be needed, but I have not seen anything written yet to support that only 'good chess players' or ‘more active chess players’ should be giving out the recs.

P-
  2. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    24 Dec '04 16:14

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Graceland.
    Moves
    29 Dec '04 17:40
  4. Standard memberBlobby
    You Cheeky
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Dec '04 20:24
    anyone selling recs out there😉
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    30 Dec '04 20:30
    Originally posted by Blobby
    anyone selling recs out there😉
    If there were recs for avatars... I'd give you a big pink one with tailfins.

P-
  6. Standard memberwolfbynyte
    Wolfbynyte
    Chicago
    Moves
    30 Dec '04 20:44
    Seems like this is the Rec thread. And every entry has been Recommended.

Is everyone recommending their own post, or are you getting rec'd by someone else?
  7. Graceland.
    Moves
    30 Dec '04 23:18
    Originally posted by wolfbynyte
    Seems like this is the Rec thread. And every entry has been Recommended.

Is everyone recommending their own post, or are you getting rec'd by someone else?

Nope, out of interest I tried to see if a 'period' would be recommended, seems however this ship has sailed. Tough crowd.
  8. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    31 Dec '04 17:24
    Personally I think the only real way to have the system not be prone to abuse is to not record the total number of recs someone has. That way posts of merit will be recced and there won't be this all out quest for recs that can be seen around the place. Of course anyone with a good rec count is likely to disagree with this.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree