That is some bullpoop!

😠
  3. Over seas
    Moves
    13 Dec '04 22:16
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    That is some bullpoop!

😠
    I guess that I am just destined to behind the person with the worst avatars ever. What can I do. He probobly wears plaid pants with a hook instead of a button!
  4. Standard memberSaint Nick
    Pimp of the elves
    San Diego, CA
    Moves
    13 Dec '04 23:39
    Hey Rap, what are you willing to pay me for 3 rec's? 🙄🙄🙄🙄
  5. Over seas
    Moves
    14 Dec '04 00:02
    Originally posted by Saint Nick
    Well, phla said he'd quit the site if I had more rec's than him.....LOL😀
  6. Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    14 Dec '04 08:17
    In the spirit of Christmas here is one rec coming up for all of ya rec hunters. Ho Ho Ho!
  7. Over seas
    Moves
    14 Dec '04 19:14
    Originally posted by Faith No More
    In the spirit of Christmas here is one rec coming up for all of ya rec hunters. Ho Ho Ho!
    Don't give a Ho! to that HO! He's been a bad, bad boy!
  8. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    14 Dec '04 21:22
    You rec-whores ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

I like the idea of the negative rec system. Who would have the "lowest" score if that system was in place? Cribs? no1marauder? Personally, I would strive to achieve the lowest negative total. That's a worthwhile goal, if you ask me.
  9. Joined
    25 Jul '04
    Moves
    18 Dec '04 13:241 edit
    Originally posted by Saint Nick
    As we all know, Only previous Nobel Laureates can propose names for potential future Nobel Prize winners' names for consideration by the Nobel Prize Committee, every year. In a similar way following this practice , the following system may be implemented.

(a) Instead of any RHP star being given the facility of recc'ing,
    only those RHP stars should be made able to give a rec
    to others, who have at least 10 recs, to themselves.

(b) Among non RHP stars, those having at least 20 rec's to
    themselves , or having made at least 5000 moves
    AND having 10 recs to themselves, should also be given
    the power to give rec's.

This system will add real value and quality to the recc's being given. This will also satisfy the esteem of the recievers of the recc's.

I hope Russ will seriously consider this idea in the interest of adding importance and real worth to the concept of recommendations.
  10. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    18 Dec '04 13:50
    Originally posted by sarathian
    Man, why did you feel the need to spam the forum with this 7 times?

People who get recs are generally the people who like to post. There is a vast majority of users who read the forums, but in general, prefer not to post. Are you saying that these people should be excluded from having the tool to show their agreement on issues in the forums?

Also, if noone is allowed to give recs unless they have at least 10, then how would the first people reach the magical 10?

D
  11. Joined
    25 Jul '04
    Moves
    18 Dec '04 14:22
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Man, why did you feel the need to spam the forum with this 7 times?

Also, if noone is allowed to give recs unless they have at least 10, then how would the first people reach the magical 10?

D
    Oh , That's because 7 is lucky for me ( and you 2).
    As regards the problem of initial (first) recc'ers , something like what was done in the case of the first Nobel Laureates can be thought of. You can be as imaginative as me, ; my idea in this regard would be - to add a clause (c) like this..
    (c) Recc's can also be given by persons having no recc's to themselves provided, their own rating is higher than 1700 or , alternatively, if they have made more than 10000 moves.
    Something similar , or some still better improvement upon it can be thought of..
  12. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    18 Dec '04 15:19
    As regards the problem of initial (first) recc'ers , something like what was done in the case of the first Nobel Laureates can be thought of. You can be as imaginative as me, ; my idea in this regard would be - to add a clause (c) like this..
    (c) R ...[text shortened]... Something similar , or some still better improvement upon it can be thought of..
    What makes a good chess player more worthy to dole out the recs?

In my mind, many good chess players have low social skills... Not all, but I still see nothing similar in chess skill vs. the ability to know if a post is good.

P-
  13. Standard memberSaint Nick
    Pimp of the elves
    San Diego, CA
    Moves
    18 Dec '04 17:12
    (c) R ...[text shortened]... Something similar , or some still better improvement upon it can be thought of..
    Man, that's waaaaaaayyyy too much time thinking about a rec system that doesn't mean anything. 😲
  14. H. T. & E. hte
    Moves
    19 Dec '04 09:491 edit
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    What makes a good chess player more worthy to dole out the recs?

In my mind, many good chess players have low social skills... Not all, but I still see nothing similar in chess skill vs. the ability to know if a post is good.

P-
    Yes ,you have a point. Think of some way of measuring the skill for judging the quality, beauty, novelty, impact, and similar other desirable qualities of a post.

Sarathian has a point too. Merely being
    an RHP star does not make one a good judge of all those desirable qualities.
  15. Joined
    25 Jul '04
    Moves
    24 Dec '04 11:57
    Originally posted by ranjan sinha
    Yes ,you have a point. Think of some way of measuring the skill for judging the quality, beauty, novelty, impact, and similar other desirable qualities of a post.

Sarathian has a point too. Merely being
    an RHP star does not make one a good judge of all those desirable qualities.
    Precisely .

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree