Red Hot Pawn's Hall of Fame

Red Hot Pawn's Hall of Fame

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
30 Dec 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
1) Your RHP Profile Forum Posts: 397 Pages x 15 = [b]5,955 Posts since December 29, 2014 with none before..

2) My RHP Profile Forum Posts: 354 x 15 = 5,310 Posts since December 28, 2014 with none before.

Footnote: The date we joined Red Hot Pawn is totally irrelevant as the point of reference and/or denominator to determine average post ...[text shortened]... stimulate discussion on its topic not to rant about perceptions which are not grounded in fact..[/b]
"Post prior to dec 2014 are archived"
They are not "archived". Learn to use the date filter, it's not difficult.
You have approx 2500 pages of posts, I have approx 1500.

"Axe to grind"
If you don't want a fair exchange of ideas I suggest you start a blog.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
30 Dec 15
4 edits

Originally posted by moonbus
Russ no doubt has hit counters embedded in the code and server statistics to present to his advertisers and potential advertisers. Neither he nor his advertisers will need to know, or be interested in, who posted the most. More relevant would be, who logged on most often, namely, who probably saw the adverts most often--and this applies only to non-subscribers, since subs don't see adverts anyway.
Interesting. Though "who posted the most" is irrelevant, post volume recognition may motivate more postings by present and new [subscriber and non-subscriber] public forum contributors. I'm hopeful that Russ will clarify these questions soon. As always, thanks for you substantive insights.

Question: Wouldn't a positive synergy likely develop when subscriber threads are successful and attract increased non-subscriber participation?

Here

Moves
30 Dec 15

The idea that anyone should get some award for posting in the forums is daft
From what I have seen in most of the forums is that any topic descends into two or three people throwing insults at each other
I used to look in all the different forums but now just check up on the site ideas

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
30 Dec 15

Originally posted by padger
From what I have seen in most of the forums is that any topic descends into two or three people throwing insults at each other
I used to look in all the different forums but now just check up on the site ideas
Thanks for your topic interest.

Out of curiosity, have you created many public forum threads which attracted interest since becoming an RHP Member?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
30 Dec 15
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
"Post prior to dec 2014 are archived"
They are not "archived". Learn to use the date filter, it's not difficult.
You have approx 2500 pages of posts, I have approx 1500.

"Axe to grind"
If you don't want a fair exchange of ideas I suggest you start a blog.
"3) The top five members with the greatest volume of public forum posts during their membership if the archived data is still available."

Excellent!

Moves
30 Dec 15

It is the daftest idea in 2015. Thank goodness the year is coming to an end.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
30 Dec 15

padger, what are your own ideas of ways to optimize Red Hot Pawn Revenues during 2016?

Also, what changes would motivate you to post frequently to these public forums?

Here

Moves
30 Dec 15

Thanks for your topic interest.

Out of curiosity, have you created many public forum threads which attracted interest since becoming an RHP Member?
A couple but the same thing happened to them

Moves
30 Dec 15

padger, what are your own ideas of ways to optimize Red Hot Pawn Revenues during 2016?

Also, what changes would motivate you to post frequently to these public forums?
You are labouring under two misapprehensions:

1) that is of interest to, and the responsibility of, RHP members to consern themselves with Russ' income streams

2) that the number of posts/threads made in the forums has any bearing on your misapprehension #1 I.e. RHP income.

Australia

Moves
30 Dec 15

I hope Russ treats this stuff with the contempt it deserves.

This is a chess site, pure and simple. It needs to be maintained so that it functions correctly and any problems are fixed promptly. If extra programming is done it should be to benefit the whole membership of chess-players, not just the odd few percent who visit a forum.

And my opinion is just as valid as that of someone who swamps the forums with stuff that nobody else wants to read. It's just my opinion.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
31 Dec 15
4 edits

Originally posted by Kewpie
I hope Russ treats this stuff with the contempt it deserves.

This is a chess site, pure and simple. It needs to be maintained so that it functions correctly and any problems are fixed promptly. If extra programming is done it should be to benefit the whole membership of chess-players, not just the odd few percent who visit a forum.

And my opinion is j ...[text shortened]... someone who swamps the forums with stuff that nobody else wants to read. It's just my opinion.
"Annual public recognition of individuals is appreciated and reinforces loyalty in any corporation. Russ, why not innovate a similar concept in your online correspondence chess site with public forums? Here's a suggested format for you to consider for implementation early 2016:" (OP)

Our individual frames of reference provide the perspectives with which we view challenges and opportunities whether our own or those of others in our periphery a) vertically top down or bottom up; b) diagonally or horizontally or c) globally. "Red Hot Pawn's Hall of Fame" attempts to simultaneously view this website from the perspective of its sole proprietor as well as of its members. Its interlocking premise is simply that there's a harmony between what's good for Russ and what's good for us which are ultimately one and the same. Without Russ we wouldn't be here; without members, neither would he. The original post was written with this dual need fulfillment in view. Specifically, to invite suggestions which might be mutually beneficial if implemented in 2016.

You may say: "I hope Russ treats this stuff with the contempt it deserves." That's your prerogative. I for one prefer to take Russ at his word when he created a public forum titled "Site Ideas." which is the context of this thread. For now, let's just be thankful for the opportunity of being here. -Bob

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
31 Dec 15

A couple but the same thing happened to them
We're all faced with the same choice: Light a Candle or Curse the Darkness.

Moves
31 Dec 15
2 edits

"Annual public recognition of individuals is appreciated and reinforces loyalty in any corporation. Russ, why not innovate a similar concept in your online correspondence chess site with public forums? Here's a suggested format for you to consider for implementation early 2016:" (OP)

Our individual frames of refere ...[text shortened]... context of this thread. For now, let's just be thankful for the opportunity of being here. -Bob
You say that you "invite suggestions" Grampy Bobby, and yet when you are confronted with a genuine "perspective" which is opposed to your own, you completely fail to respond in a "harmonious" fashion, preferring instead accusations of "axe grinding" and other petty invective which has become the hallmark of your posting.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
31 Dec 15

Originally posted by divegeester
You say that you "invite suggestions" Grampy Bobby, and yet when you are confronted with a genuine "perspective" which is opposed to your own, you completely fail to respond in a "harmonious" fashion, preferring instead accusations of "axe grinding" and other petty invective which has become the hallmark of your posting.
What are your own "suggestions which might be mutually beneficial if implemented in 2016"?

Read a book!

Moves
31 Dec 15

What are your own "suggestions which might be mutually beneficial if implemented in 2016"?
Muzzle Grampy Bobby.