1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Sep '06 19:31
    could it be possible to have somewhere a list of which people have rec'd which posts? This way then, these *arguements* might at least stop.

However, would this put a strain on the system?
  2. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    13 Sep '06 19:31
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    You know exactly what I meant.
    Chicken, everyone else knew what you meant.
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    13 Sep '06 19:41
    Originally posted by Red Night
    As usual, there is no point trying to discuss anything with you.

I don't know why I tried.
    I can go rec it if you like... just to prove I did not. Give me a link, it no longer shows up on the list.

I think Noodles answered you just fine, not sure what your problem is with the answer you got... unless it was a 'truth hurts' kind of thing.

P-
  4. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    13 Sep '06 20:42
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I can go rec it if you like... just to prove I did not. Give me a link, it no longer shows up on the list.

I think Noodles answered you just fine, not sure what your problem is with the answer you got... unless it was a 'truth hurts' kind of thing.

P-
    Don't bother. I'm done.

I came in here and expressed my opinion about the Rec system.

An opinion that certainly isn't unique to me.

A bunch of people beat me up for my opinion.

It was again suggested that I'm the problem with the Rec system. Despite the fact that only one of those posts was a response to me. (Two others were attacks on me or my clan from people who attack me all the time.) Interestingly, the one that was a response to me came from Moldy who just like to trade barbs. And it was pretty funny.

In any event, I'm tired of arguing with all of you.

I'm going back to playing chess. TSM forever baby! We got four big challenges going now in addition to the Gnipe grudge match.
  5. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    13 Sep '06 21:14
    Originally posted by Silverstriker
    could it be possible to have somewhere a list of which people have rec'd which posts? This way then, these *arguements* might at least stop.

However, would this put a strain on the system?
    Creating a new part of the rec system just to stop people arguing ?

They'd be quicker just closing down the forum, and it'd be the only way to stop some people from bleating.
  6. Joined
    03 Sep '03
    Moves
    14 Sep '06 00:29
    I thought sure Russ had shut off the rec list because it was full of sarcastic digs... I guess that wasn't why, since he eventually got it back up.

P-
    I thought he did it for server performance reasons. Much like the "my performance" page.

IIRC, previously the Most Rec'd page would do it dynamically (tally the results) everytime the page was loaded, the more active the forums got, the greater the load. Now it is a nightly job. So all the calculations are done at once a night and "flattened".

But what do I know, I fit the following criteria:
    The average number of recs of people who don't like the rec system is well under 200.

Some people just can't write good posts, so they want the recs removed for everyone. Go figure.

P-

So maybe I'm biased.
  7. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    14 Sep '06 01:10
    Originally posted by tmetzler
    I thought he did it for server performance reasons. Much like the "my performance" page.

IIRC, previously the Most Rec'd page would do it dynamically (tally the results) everytime the page was loaded, the more active the forums got, the greater the load. Now it is a nightly job. So all the calculations are done at once a night and "flattened".

But ...[text shortened]... o they want the recs removed for everyone. Go figure.

P-

So maybe I'm biased.[/b]
    Originally posted by Russ
    Lets just hope the quality of the recommended posts improve, otherwise this may be a brief revival.
  8. Joined
    03 Sep '03
    Moves
    14 Sep '06 02:00
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    [b]Lets just hope the quality of the recommended posts improve, otherwise this may be a brief revival.
    [/b]
    Lets just hope the quality of the recommended posts improve, otherwise this may be a brief revival.
  9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    14 Sep '06 02:25

But ...[text shortened]... o they want the recs removed for everyone. Go figure.

P-

So maybe I'm biased.[/b]
    You thought that he did it to save performance, I really thought he did it because the list was so bad at points. Perhaps I didn't read the thread you did, and my speculation was based on what I read in the fourms and see get recs... the only time I think of server speed is when a user asks for an auto refresh feature for a page.

You are welcome to your view on the rec system, and I should now qualify my statement about 'number of recs'. Many of the users post very often and don't have many recs. You and others fit this criteria. I should have stated that, but didn't think about it until PocketKings and now you posted about my statement.

I respect the recs a lot more of users who don't tend to visit the forums as often as we |users who are here posting about every day.

P-
  10. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    14 Sep '06 05:401 edit
    Our clans are pretty much made of top forum posters... people who post a lot. If you post often, and people tend to like what you write they will throw a rec to you.

P-
    Did he tell you're stupid?

Is this what everyone likes?

Based on your theory I should get at least eleven rec's.
  11. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    14 Sep '06 06:51
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    Did he tell you're stupid?

Is this what everyone likes?

Based on your theory I should get at least eleven rec's.
    No one likes the trash you write cash.
  12. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    14 Sep '06 08:05
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    No one likes the trash you write cash.
    Actually I didn't like it much either.
  13. Joined
    03 Sep '03
    Moves
    14 Sep '06 10:47
    You thought that he did it to save performance, I really thought he did it because the list was so bad at points. Perhaps I didn't read the thread you did, and my speculation was based on what I read in the fourms and see get recs... the only time I think of server speed is when a user asks for an auto refresh feature for a page.

You are welcome to yo ...[text shortened]... tend to visit the forums as often as we |users who are here posting about every day.

P-
    I could be wrong. Russ might very well have taken it down, because it was filled with crap. I was speculating because it seemed to be taken down about the same time as the "my performance" page.

As far my view of the "rec system", I like the concept. I keep posting the following, because I hope it encourages people to rec worthy posts. It would be nice to pull up the "most reccommended" page and see a bunch of posts worth reading.

14. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    14 Sep '06 10:52
    It would be nice to pull up the "most reccommended" page and see a bunch of posts worth reading.
    It used to work like that, and I'm sure if the trolling stops, it will do again.

At the moment the top-rec'd posts accurately reflect strong feelings about the conduct of certain posters. It's not the rec system that is the problem; it's the state of the forums.
  15. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    14 Sep '06 12:33
    Kind of interesting that there are a lot of recs being given in a thread about removing the reccing system

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree