1. Joined
    18 May '05
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 18:28
    The "Recommend Post" system is both boring and pointless, if you havent been on the site to see the good posts from the crap then use the site forums a little more.

The Recommend Posts forum is both full of insults and only represents a small part of a thread anyway, which in turn could turn out to be a load of crap.

And lastly, it would stop all the squabbling that has gone on since the system came back into use a few days ago.
  2. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 18:44
    Originally posted by rmacken
    The "Recommend Post" system is both boring and pointless, if you havent been on the site to see the good posts from the crap then use the site forums a little more.

The Recommend Posts forum is both full of insults and only represents a small part of a thread anyway, which in turn could turn out to be a load of crap.

And lastly, it would stop all the squabbling that has gone on since the system came back into use a few days ago.
    The squabling started with you's guys wanting it done away with, nobody else was bothered either way until the "abolish the rec system" crew started.
  3. Joined
    18 May '05
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 18:45
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    The squabling started with you's guys wanting it done away with, nobody else was bothered either way until the "abolish the rec system" crew started.
    missed that post
  4. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 18:57

Stop feeding the troll, lose a touch of the self-righteous bluster, and the problem will magically disappear.
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    13 Sep '06 14:04
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    The average number of recs of people who don't like the rec system is well under 200.

Some people just can't write good posts, so they want the recs removed for everyone. Go figure.

P-
  6. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    13 Sep '06 14:17
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    The average number of recs of people who don't like the rec system is well under 200.

Some people just can't write good posts, so they want the recs removed for everyone. Go figure.

P-
    You only made that post so that someone would rec it. That's racism!
  7. Standard memberIM4Y2NV
    Dadohalic
    Finger tip talking.
    Moves
    13 Sep '06 15:131 edit
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    You only made that post so that someone would rec it. That's racism!
    That would be recism.
    Go back into your room and get a rope. Tie one end around your throat. Throw the other end around the ceiling fan. Then knock the switch on the wall. Now that would be considered an act of humanity.

Edit: removed lamp inserted fan
  8. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    13 Sep '06 15:17
    Originally posted by IM14u2NV
    That would be recism.
    Go back into your room and get a rope. Tie one end around your throat. Throw the other end around the ceiling lamp. Then knock the switch on the wall. Now that would be considered an act of humanity.
    Wouldn't that just turn on the lamp?
  9. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    13 Sep '06 15:26
    inserted fan
    [joke about anal fan]
  10. Standard memberMoldy Crow
    Your Eminence
    Scunthorpe
    Moves
    13 Sep '06 15:26
    That would be recism.
    Go back into your room and get a rope. Tie one end around your throat. Throw the other end around the ceiling fan. Then knock the switch on the wall. Now that would be considered an act of humanity.

Edit: removed lamp inserted fan
    Don't try suicide by crucifixion. It doesn't work- you can't get the last nail in.
  11. Standard memberc99ux
    'Sir' to you
    Osaka, Japan
    Moves
    13 Sep '06 15:481 edit
    Originally posted by Moldy Crow
    Don't try suicide by crucifixion. It doesn't work- you can't get the last nail in.
    Well, you could actually if you think about it. First place a nail facing upwards and set it on concrete. Then position the cross so that

NON-EDIT: lost interest in this post.

NON-EDIT 2: Go figure it out yourself...

NON-EDIT 3: Trial and error; if at first you don't succeed, get XanthosNZ to show you.
  12. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    13 Sep '06 16:09

Hear! Hear!

The only people who want the rec system are the rec-whores.

I think over half of the BS would disappear if the recs went away too!
  13. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    13 Sep '06 16:14
    Originally posted by Red Night
    Hear! Hear!

The only people who want the rec system are the rec-whores.

I think over half of the BS would disappear if the recs went away too!
    Yet another poster with no recs and nothing to contribute but a hear hear and false info.

There will always be BS in a forum, there was before the recs and there would be just as much if you got rid of the recs...

Getting rid of you would probably get rid of a lot more BS than getting rid of the rec system... but nothing is going to get rid of half the BS.

P-
  14. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    13 Sep '06 16:21
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Yet another poster with no recs and nothing to contribute but a hear hear and false info.

There will always be BS in a forum, there was before the recs and there would be just as much if you got rid of the recs...

Getting rid of you would probably get rid of a lot more BS than getting rid of the rec system... but nothing is going to get rid of half the BS.

P-
    yikes, he has more recs than me, I guess I have nothing to contribute :'(😛
  15. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    13 Sep '06 16:29
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    yikes, he has more recs than me, I guess I have nothing to contribute :'(😛
    Your page 20 of forum posts brings the date to May... RN's page brings him to about 5 days ago...

You post for quality, not quantity. A well earned 88 recs I would say.

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree