1. Standard memberRedmike
    Godless Commie
    Glasgow
    Moves
    26 Jun '08 10:41
    When a thread is removed by the mods, would it be possible see who the original poster was?

Otherwise, a user can post something offensive, have it removed, and there is no record of their behaviour.

If we got something like 'Joe Blogg's post has been removed', it might actually discourage people from offensive posts.
  2. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    26 Jun '08 11:101 edit
    Originally posted by Redmike
    When a thread is removed by the mods, would it be possible see who the original poster was?

Otherwise, a user can post something offensive, have it removed, and there is no record of their behaviour.

If we got something like 'Joe Blogg's post has been removed', it might actually discourage people from offensive posts.
    It will still show up on their record (assume so) and repeatedly doing so is likely to result in a forum ban or possibly a site ban
  3. Standard memberRedmike
    Godless Commie
    Glasgow
    Moves
    26 Jun '08 11:35
    Originally posted by adramforall
    It will still show up on their record (assume so) and repeatedly doing so is likely to result in a forum ban or possibly a site ban
    Not sure what you mean by 'their record'.

It may be that repeated mis-behaviour gets a ban, but I'm interested in the rest of the community (rather than the mods) being able to see whose posts are being removed.
  4. Joined
    31 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 Jun '08 12:32

Unfortunately, such is the contrariness of human nature, a "Posts Removed" list would quickly become a "Hall of Fame" and posters would be competing for the top spot.

Just like Metallica and IVV do in the clans forum .... 🙂
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    26 Jun '08 12:58

I don't think you need to worry if you use common sense. Users are sent a warning about why a post or thread was removed. You have never got such a warning to my knowledge. If you get a warning about inappropriate posting, it is best to try and avoid such posts in the future.

There are also users who like to try and 'feel out' where the line lies. They go out of their way to press the limits knowing what they post is controversial, these are the users who need to worry about losing posting privileges, not the average RHP forum poster.

P-
  6. Standard memberRedmike
    Godless Commie
    Glasgow
    Moves
    26 Jun '08 13:06
    Originally posted by MissOleum
    Unfortunately, such is the contrariness of human nature, a "Posts Removed" list would quickly become a "Hall of Fame" and posters would be competing for the top spot.

Fair point - I could see how it would just encourage some.
  7. Standard memberRedmike
    Godless Commie
    Glasgow
    Moves
    26 Jun '08 13:06
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I don't think you need to worry if you use common sense. Users are sent a warning about why a post or thread was removed. You have never got such a warning to my knowledge. If you get a warning about inappropriate posting, it is best to try and avoid such posts in the future.

There are also users who like to try and 'feel out' where the line lies. T ...[text shortened]... rs who need to worry about losing posting privileges, not the average RHP forum poster.

P-
    Fair enough.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 Jun '08 22:53
    Originally posted by Phlabibit

There are also users who like to try and 'feel out' where the line lies. T ...[text shortened]... rs who need to worry about losing posting privileges, not the average RHP forum poster.

P-
    I know several such posters who don't have to worry about a forum warning or a forum ban...Unfortunately I am not one of them.

When a moderator who has told you he did not like you, and then sends you a warning for something everyone else, including himself has done that is just plain wrong...And you know who I am speaking about, without mentioning one name.

A neutral Moderator should have handled the problem!

Excuse me Sir, but when this type of Moderation goes on, there is most definitely something wrong with the Moderation System that needs repair.
  9. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    26 Jun '08 23:18
    Originally posted by MissOleum

That was not very nice, Miss Oleum. metallica and IVV have actually been behaving very well in the forums, if you didn't notice. Unfortunately, some low lifes, not to mention any names, or even give a hint (slop pawn), tend to provoke the friendly competition with less than dignified slather.
  10. Joined
    28 Jan '04
    Moves
    26 Jun '08 23:49
    I think that, when an offending post is removed, it should be reposted to a special "Offending Posts" forum. That way, eveyone can see what is and is not permitted.
  11. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    29 Jun '08 01:18
    Originally posted by luctruc
    I think that, when an offending post is removed, it should be reposted to a special "Offending Posts" forum. That way, eveyone can see what is and is not permitted.
    dOH! Then what's the point of removing it?
  12. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    29 Jun '08 11:59
    Originally posted by luctruc
    [b]lol
    lol
    lol
    lo
    pmsl[b]
  13. Wat?
    Moves
    01 Jul '08 03:49

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

14. Joined
    08 Oct '04
    Moves
    01 Jul '08 09:06

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    01 Jul '08 15:441 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Site Admins have left the Moderation of the forums completely in the Moderators hands...So you moderate yourselves... They are not interested in the goings on in the forums.

Perhaps your warning and Crowleys was well deserved, when mine is sent my someone who has told me in Public Forum that he doesn't like me and would never be my friend...You call that fair Moderation?

Certainly nothing to moan about in a Public forum huh?

Why do you think people are leaving the Public Forums and retreating to the Private Forums, or just leaving?

This will be my last post to you on this, you guys hold all the cards, and do what ever the hell you want! Just don't continue to try rubbing it in peoples noses too, it is very unbecoming of you!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree