1. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 03:292 edits
    Could we please have the Rec system back to the way it was?

The changes have made the forums incedibly dull, and pretty soon the rec page is going to be full of posts only rec'd once.

edit. and can we have the rec counters back aswell.
  2. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 03:49
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    The changes have made the forums incedibly dull, and pretty soon the rec page is going to be full of posts only rec'd once.

I agree that the forums seem totally worse since the change.

Good point about the rec page - I was thinking the same.
  3. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 05:19
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    Could we please have the Rec system back to the way it was?

I agree completely, but I'm not about to spend 10% of my rec budget on this post. I'm saving mine for some sharp and incisive insults, and it's only the 2nd of the month.
  4. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 05:55
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    I agree completely, but I'm not about to spend 10% of my rec budget on this post. I'm saving mine for some sharp and incisive insults, and it's only the 2nd of the month.
    Pst, it's a rolling 30 days. You have a maximum of 10 recs over any 30 day period.
  5. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 17:18
    I would be happy for recs to disappear altogether as they are the sort of thing that appeal to the myspace generation.

I would prefer one's rating to be displayed to prevent un-necessary clicks.
  6. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    03 Oct '06 20:54
    Originally posted by z00t
    I would prefer one's rating to be displayed to prevent un-necessary clicks.
    That's what we need: More people saying, "My rating's higher than yours, so I must be smarter than you", or my favorite, "You're only a 1000 player, so you must be a moron".
  7. Standard memberc99ux
    'Sir' to you
    Osaka, Japan
    Moves
    04 Oct '06 00:29
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    That's what we need: More people saying, "My rating's higher than yours, so I must be smarter than you", or my favorite, "You're only a 1000 player, so you must be a moron".
    I know some morons with ratings over 1700...
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Oct '06 06:351 edit
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    And
    "I study math so I know more than you in everything."
    and
    "I'm intelligent so you must be an idiot and have no brain."
    and
    "You are an idiot, truly you are.", later "Don't analyze my personality or I will burst into tears."
    and
    "Social competence doesn't matter, only intelligence. But why haven't I any friends?"
    and...
  9. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    04 Oct '06 16:12
    Originally posted by c99ux
    I know some morons with ratings over 1700...
    Hello, fanboy.
  10. Russ's Pocket
    Moves
    06 Oct '06 14:51
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    And
    "I study math so I know more than you in everything."
    and
    "I'm intelligent so you must be an idiot and have no brain."
    and
    "You are an idiot, truly you are.", later "Don't analyze my personality or I will burst into tears."
    and
    "Social competence doesn't matter, only intelligence. But why haven't I any friends?"
    and...
    You need EQ as well as IQ. rec'ed
  11. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    06 Oct '06 18:09
    Originally posted by cheshirecatstevens
    You need EQ as well as IQ. rec'ed
    Good point. However, I'm more empathetic and intelligent than you, making you an imbecile of sorts, and so you must be wrong.

?

!!

No wait! I didn't mean it like that; like I'm really dumb. I meant I'm that more intelligent than you! Oh, never mind. I don't even know you. But I know me, and I rock! So I have to be more intelligent than you, simply by being me! Yeah! 😞

I'm actually kinda glad what's happened to the rec-system. I beg of the RHP supremacy, please, PLEASE, don't bring it back the way it was!!!

As for the dull-complaint, haven't the forums been kinda dull for months now (since before the rec-system changed)? 😕
  12. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    06 Oct '06 18:20
    Originally posted by stocken

As for the dull-complaint, haven't the forums been kinda dull for months now (since before the rec-system changed)? 😕
    True - they've just got worse though - no question about it.

I think everyone who can is staying in the private forums more.
  13. cavanaugh park
    Moves
    09 Oct '06 03:30
    we paid for the site, we want the old rec system back
  14. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '06 08:421 edit
    Originally posted by alexstclaire
    we paid for the site, we want the old rec system back
    Yeah! You tell 'em, mate. 😉
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Oct '06 19:33
    All you people throwing a tantrum and crying to get your binky back, trying to pin the blame of "dull" forum postings on the removal of the rec system, are putting the cart before the horse.

It's truly pathetic that, according to you, the only thing making posts here interesting was people trying for the approval of their peers here by flaming, trolling, insulting, attacking, mocking and harassing others.

I'm guessing that's because take all that away and you got nothing left. Your entire forum lives were so based on these activities that now that they are no longer profitable, you got nothing else to say. And god forbid people should actually try to insert something interesting into the General Forum... you are not so far removed from your old ways that you can resist attacking them even a little and make them (and others who might have something interesting to say and just witnessed you berating the last guy with something interesting to say) give up and not post any more.

You have to finally come to the realization that internet forums, especially on established sites like this one, are a community, and your actions establish that community. Act like total jerkwads all the time, and you drive away new blood, causing the community to degrade into what it has become because of the abuse of the rec system. This thread reminds me of a bunch of pigs laying around their pig sty and suddenly one of them smacks another one in the back of the head and says "look what you've done to this place!"

Try being a human being in your relationships with other human beings on this site and encourage each other to rise above the pettiness you are used to. I know it's the internet and you are comfortable hiding behind your anonymous (or relatively so) monitor and ripping into each other for a chuckle. I know it's difficult to change old habits (they say it takes 6-8 weeks of daily attention to permanently change a bad habit), but if you want to make the forums more interesting, then stop your whining and do it. Throw away the rec crutch and try being a little more interested in what others have to say. Take the initiative and post something that is interesting to you. Someone else out there will find it interesting as well. There are plenty of users to this site. You've already driven most of them away from the forums, so try to bring them back with actual thoughtful posts, instead of stupid one-word posts like "Plonker." that get 5 recs. Maybe instead of whining about your "lost recs", you can prove to the admins that the rec system is worth bringing back by posting interesting topics that make people want to post, instead of stupid spin-off threads.

To everyone complaining that the quality of the posts in the forums has gone down since the removal of rec tallies, look to your own posts. Not exactly pearls of wisdom, nor shining examples of someone with something interesting to say. If you want to improve the world, start with your own little corner of it, instead of bitching about who's fault it is and how everything would be sunshine again if only things were the way they used to be. Things are different now. Get used to it. Start working to make it interesting instead of belly-aching that the only way it can be interesting is going back to a broken system. Step forward and forget the pedantic, pigsty past. Stop relying on others to entertain you. The future is what YOU make of it.

/rantmode OFF

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree