1. Out there somewhere
    Moves
    25 May '05 14:05
    How about when robomod detects a word it doesn't like it just replaces that word with <removed> instead of removing the whole post..

At the moment some people are backing up large posts before they make them just in case they disappear..

It would make for more consistancy in the forums too, at the moment threads with removed posts can get quite confusing to follow.

Also the poster would straight away be able to see the word that was moderated.
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    25 May '05 14:27
    Originally posted by dk3nny
    How about when robomod detects a word it doesn't like it just replaces that word with <removed> instead of removing the whole post..

At the moment some people are backing up large posts before they make them just in case they disappear..

It would make for more consistancy in the forums too, at the moment threads with removed posts can get quite confusing to follow.

Also the poster would straight away be able to see the word that was moderated.
    Sounds like a s<removed>y idea! But don't get to <removed>y for coming up with this idea. Might be hard to figure out if I was talking about <removed> or <removed> since both of these words trigger robomod.

ES
  3. Out there somewhere
    Moves
    25 May '05 15:03
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Sounds like a s<removed>y idea! But don't get to <removed>y for coming up with this idea. Might be hard to figure out if I was talking about <removed> or <removed> since both of these words trigger robomod.

ES
    Thanks for the constructive critism.
    Even though i think your point is <removed>, your message still got across and i can reply to it, which wouldn't be the case in the present system
  4. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    25 May '05 22:59
    <removed>
  5. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    25 May '05 23:43
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    <removed>
    sausages!
  6. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    26 May '05 01:24

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    26 May '05 01:43
    This idea is really swell, neato.
  8. The sky
    Moves
    29 May '05 01:14
    Originally posted by dk3nny
    How about when robomod detects a word it doesn't like it just replaces that word with <removed> instead of removing the whole post.
    Sounds like a good idea to me. Or if it is not possible or wanted to leave the rest of the post unharmed for some reason, it would already help if there were a note "post deleted". It's quite confusing when people reply to a post which then is deleted, and you can't even see it was ever there.

But I think it might be even better if all posts were checked by robomod when they are sent, and if they are deemed inappropriate, the writer would get notified and could change the post before it ends up in the forum.
  9. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    29 May '05 09:44
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    But I think it might be even better if all posts were checked by robomod when they are sent, and if they are deemed inappropriate, the writer would get notified and could change the post before it ends up in the forum.
    That's happening already.

robomod has a points system, awarding points for each word that may be viewed as offensive. Words get different amounts of points according to how offensive it is. If the cumulative points total passes 'n', then you get a message saying that your post is inappropriate.

If the points don't pass n pre post, then those points still count towards the total, for when people start alerting the post. That would mean that a post which only barely scraped past robomod on inception, would only require a couple of alerts for it to be automatically removed.

D

10. Joined
    16 Jul '02
    Moves
    02 Jun '05 22:20
    If I'm not mistaken, b3ta.com uses (or used to use) a filter that changed offensive words to various kind of fruit. I think that's funnier than just using <removed>

11. The sky
    Moves
    03 Jun '05 00:371 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

12. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    03 Jun '05 01:29
    Originally posted by DdV
    If I'm not mistaken, b3ta.com uses (or used to use) a filter that changed offensive words to various kind of fruit. I think that's funnier than just using <removed>

What a banana idea you apple.
  13. Joined
    16 Jul '02
    Moves
    03 Jun '05 21:06
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    What a banana idea you apple.
    Oh, go stick a pineapple up your prune, you strawberry.
  14. The sky
    Moves
    04 Jun '05 00:52
    Originally posted by DdV

I replied to this yesterday, but my reply got removed... This is the first time one of my posts got removed, kind of funny that it happened in this thread. 😉 It must have been because of a word I used as an example, although I don't see how it could have been offensive to anyone (leading to someone alerting the moderators), and I didn't get a message from robomod, so this is a bit strange... Anyway, my point was that this idea with fruits instead of "<removed>" might be somewhat confusing, and it might also result in quite a few nonsense posts where people just play with that feature. I'll leave out the example this time, but the last two posts in this thread might give you an idea of what I mean. It's funny once or twice, but could get quite annoying if people kept doing it.
  15. Standard memberark13
    Enola Straight
    mouse mouse mouse
    Moves
    04 Jun '05 01:23
    Mango! Yay!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree