1. Joined
    08 Jan '05
    Moves
    26 Aug '05 17:02
    It's great that this site lets you store your old games -- even the game's comments -- and the messages sent/receieved through your inbox.

How about a similar feature for the threads? I'm envisioning some system where by one can flag threads of interest and then those threads appear under a separate tab. That way, when there's a good recommendation for a chess tutorial site in a thread, that thread can be saved for future reference.

Perhaps even an option to receive email notification when a thread is extended.
  2. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    27 Aug '05 17:12
    This site is way behind the times.
  3. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    13 Apr '06 21:326 edits
    Originally posted by mbrennan
    It's great that this site lets you store your old games -- even the game's comments -- and the messages sent/receieved through your inbox.

How about a similar feature for the threads? I'm envisioning some system where by one can flag threads of interest and then those threads appear under a separate tab. That way, when there's a good recommendation f ...[text shortened]... erence.

Perhaps even an option to receive email notification when a thread is extended.
    Can't do e-mailing, but I have updated the script at:

http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/forum.user.js

to include the ability to 'bookmark' threads. The code is mostly complete with the exception of being able to remove a bookmark from your list. The code is there but I haven't integrated it into the UI yet.

I'm just leaving for the long weekend and might not be able to get back to it until next week. Thought that I would post it so people could break it. I'm actually testing the, auto-bookmark threads I've posted in, feature. (Which didn't work. Another thing to fix.)
  4. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    13 Apr '06 22:57
    Originally posted by ouroboros

to include the ability to 'bookmark' threads. The code is mostly complete with the exception of being able to remove a bookmark from your list. The code is there but I haven't integrated it into the UI yet.

I'm just leaving for the long weeke ...[text shortened]... o-bookmark threads I've posted in, feature. (Which didn't work. Another thing to fix.)
    Unfortunately, for those of us who read the forums from multiple computers, a script isn't gonna cut it.
  5. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    13 Apr '06 23:27
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Unfortunately, for those of us who read the forums from multiple computers, a script isn't gonna cut it.
    It would if we had a 3rd party data store. It would work like Web browser synchronizers.
  6. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    14 Apr '06 11:152 edits

I'm just leaving for the long weeke o-bookmark threads I've posted in, feature. (Which didn't work. Another thing to fix.)
    Nevermind. Another great addition, cheers.

D
  7. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    15 Apr '06 04:43
    You should be able to remove bookmarks now. Auto-bookmarking of threads that you post in is still not working though.
  8. Standard membermosquitorespect
    Not Royalty
    Not in a palace
    Moves
    15 Apr '06 09:08
    You should be able to remove bookmarks now. Auto-bookmarking of threads that you post in is still not working though.
    How do you actually bookmark a thread?
  9. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    15 Apr '06 11:49
    Originally posted by mosquitorespect
    How do you actually bookmark a thread?
    There's a link next to "Recommend".

D
  10. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    15 Apr '06 11:50
    Nice script. Only 1 thing I don't really like about it, and that's the position of the My Bookmarks button. Could that be squeezed into the grey bar with the rest of the buttons?

Maybe its just me.

D
  11. The sky
    Moves
    15 Apr '06 12:08
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Nice script. Only 1 thing I don't really like about it, and that's the position of the My Bookmarks button. Could that be squeezed into the grey bar with the rest of the buttons?

Maybe its just me.

D
    Agreed. Also, the My Bookmarks button (or non-button, in case stocken is reading this) at the bottom doesn't seem to work. And if the bookmarked thread is very long, there's the problem of getting to the end of the thread.
  12. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    15 Apr '06 14:501 edit
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Also, the My Bookmarks button (or non-button, in case stocken is reading this) at the bottom doesn't seem to work.
    The one at the bottom of the page doesn't work on mine either.

[the My Bookmarks button, that is]
  13. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    17 Apr '06 18:33
    The problem with putting the 'My Bookmarks' link into the button bar is that it can cause some of the other buttons to fill more than one line. This causes the button bar to stretch vertically and breaks the styling. I've added it for now though.

I've fixed the problem with the link in the bottom button bar. It looks like you cannnot clone event handlers.
  14. The sky
    Moves
    17 Apr '06 18:391 edit
    The problem with putting the 'My Bookmarks' link into the button bar is that it can cause some of the other buttons to fill more than one line. This causes the button bar to stretch vertically and breaks the styling. I've added it for now though.
    It looks fine here. Thanks.

Edit: By the way, how do those access keys work? I seem to be too stupid to figure it out.
  15. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    17 Apr '06 19:17
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    And if the bookmarked thread is very long, there's the problem of getting to the end of the thread.
    Not sure how to fix this problem. Without knowing what the last page of a thread is, I can't jump to the end of it. I can't know the last page unless I load the thread or the threadlist, and that would have to be done for each bookmark. If you have a lot of bookmarks, that would hit the server pretty hard. So until this gets implemented on the server, I don't think that there's a way around it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree