1. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    21 Nov '07 04:28
    This might be a small issue, but I can see a lot of people with red spinning stars here, especially in the future. Maybe there can be a new reward/acknowledgement of moves on this site.

Different color, green maybe when you reach 200,000 moves, or 500,000? I don't know.
  2. Subscriberbeatlemania
    Purveyor of Potatoes
    Here
    Moves
    21 Nov '07 08:50
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    This might be a small issue, but I can see a lot of people with red spinning stars here, especially in the future. Maybe there can be a new reward/acknowledgement of moves on this site.

Different color, green maybe when you reach 200,000 moves, or 500,000? I don't know.
    Great idea! Don't know why, but nobody else seems to like the idea though. 🙁 It wouldn't be that hard for Russ to do it though......
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    21 Nov '07 09:26
    I would rather have a particular star for the top 100, top 10 and the top player and follow their names. These stars can be won and lost. This is of higher value in my humble opinion.
  4. Standard memberKJCavalier
    Happier Now!!
    Home!!
    Moves
    21 Nov '07 09:37
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I would rather have a particular star for the top 100, top 10 and the top player and follow their names. These stars can be won and lost. This is of higher value in my humble opinion.
    How about a second method then for recognition for extreme quality play then, Something along the lines a notating the page you are currently on for your rating and leaving it at the high levels, say 1901-2000, 2001-2100, 2101-2200, 2201-2300, 2300+.

Using a bronze, silver, gold, platinum, and diamond medallion to go along with the moves stars.
  5. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    21 Nov '07 12:21
    Originally posted by KJCavalier
    How about a second method then for recognition for extreme quality play then, Something along the lines a notating the page you are currently on for your rating and leaving it at the high levels, say 1901-2000, 2001-2100, 2101-2200, 2201-2300, 2300+.

Using a bronze, silver, gold, platinum, and diamond medallion to go along with the moves stars.
    Could this just ensure a scramble for the places - thus more likely engine use?

Also - how does it allow for rating inflation over the long term?
  6. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    21 Nov '07 13:49
    I was just speaking of the fact that by the time I reach spinning star level, everyone would probably have it, making the achievement meaningless..
  7. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    21 Nov '07 13:53
    I was just speaking of the fact that by the time I reach spinning star level, everyone would probably have it, making the achievement meaningless..
    I'd send feedback and see what the admins have to say. Personally, I think the spinning star club is getting a little crowded, and those who have been making making thousands of moves per month for so many years deserve something a little different than the likes of myself, a relative new spinner.
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Nov '07 14:00
    I'll get something together for this. I'll try to give it more thought than last time :

Little known fact, I prepared this spinning icon literally in the minutes preceding the first person to hit 100k moved. (Rhymester).

I had no idea what I was going to do, so just settled on a spinning variant! It was a race to get it uploaded in time.

-Russ
  9. Amsterdam
    Moves
    21 Nov '07 15:39
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Good suggestion by Fabian!
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Nov '07 03:48
    just put the spinning star inside a yellow circle for the next 100,000 and the for the third 100,000 a green box around the yellow circle and after 400,000 i don't think it matters as the player who has that much will be close to death.
  11. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    22 Nov '07 17:10
    Originally posted by Russ
    [b]I'll get something together for this.
    Cool!
  12. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    23 Nov '07 18:10
    Originally posted by Russ
    I'll get something together for this. I'll try to give it more thought than last time :

Little known fact, I prepared this spinning icon literally in the minutes preceding the first person to hit 100k moved. (Rhymester).

I had no idea what I was going to do, so just settled on a spinning variant! It was a race to get it uploaded in time.

-Russ
    Sometimes you give the impression this site is just cobbled together!

😉😛
  13. Standard memberKJCavalier
    Happier Now!!
    Home!!
    Moves
    25 Nov '07 11:55
    Originally posted by rhb
    Could this just ensure a scramble for the places - thus more likely engine use?

Also - how does it allow for rating inflation over the long term?
    I'm not so sure it can make a great deal of difference to engine users at any point. Those who wish to use engine will. and a color/symbol marking isn't going to make a bit of difference.

As for ratings inflation, as with move totals, something else can still be added on to show and even greater rating.

A slightly different variant would be a multi star look. But I still wouldn't use a low or mid range level rating to add a second, third, etc., star. But rather a strong rating. no lower than 1800 I would think. I also but a starting level could be voted upon.

Engine use isn't tolerated, from what I have seen and users are removed rather quickly. So I can't see this as a real problem. Since the majority of us play for the fun of the game, this would give them an added goal to reach. Imagine the first 100,000+ move member with 4 spinning stars showing a rating of 2300-2400. That would be something.
  14. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    16 Jan '08 09:41
    Originally posted by KJCavalier
    I'm not so sure it can make a great deal of difference to engine users at any point. Those who wish to use engine will. and a color/symbol marking isn't going to make a bit of difference.

As for ratings inflation, as with move totals, something else can still be added on to show and even greater rating.

A slightly different variant would be a multi ...[text shortened]... + move member with 4 spinning stars showing a rating of 2300-2400. That would be something.
    There's many players who have reached the 100,000 moves mark now.

Eventually, the spinning star will mean nothing here.

Russ, is there a new goal for fast movers???
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    16 Jan '08 09:55
    There's many players who have reached the 100,000 moves mark now.
    90 members, at this very moment, has reached the rotating star.
    Next in line is Zebano.

I have mere 85 K moves to go... 😴

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree