will consider subscribing when site available on mobile
    Try this: http://mobile.redhotpawn.com/
  2. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    25 Oct '10 12:37
    Originally posted by adramforall
    I know, its one of the benefits of remaining a member, I think I only get charged around £14. However current rates for new subs are still only £26 which is probably less than you would pay for a takeaway and DVD hire for the night.
    Food, drink, DVD's, etc... those comparisons are irrelevant. You should be comparing the RHP Subscription fee against the equivalents from it's competitors. I haven't checked in a while but RHP used to be $20 or $30 cheaper than chess.com or gameknot.com annual subs.

Personally, I think it's a bit unfair for RHP to charge new members nearly twice as much as old members for for exactly the same service and benefits.
  3. Wat?
    Moves
    25 Oct '10 15:45
    Originally posted by Russ
    We just ask that people don't use ad blocking software when using the site.
    Why?
  4. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    25 Oct '10 19:38
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    Personally, I think it's a bit unfair for RHP to charge new members nearly twice as much as old members for for exactly the same service and benefits.
    Why?

Its a loyalty reward, a big thank you for sticking with us and supporting the sites development.

What next, do people who do decide to pay but not use the service as fully as others get a discount because they use it less?
  5. Joined
    26 Nov '07
    Moves
    26 Oct '10 11:13
    There is no option for "I am happy with my current add-supported free membership, but if I was to join it would be with an annual subscription". Aka, both (A) and (C)...
  6. Joined
    10 Mar '10
    Moves
    27 Oct '10 01:58
    Also, there's no option: I'd like to pay for a quarterly subscription and have the option to switch for a yearly one paying only the difference.
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    28 Oct '10 18:52
    Originally posted by momen
    Stop automatic renewal of membership and I'll rejoin. This is a great site, but I'm not giving anybody permission to take money from my bank account in a year's time.
    You have the option of making your subscription non-renewing. It's been that way for years.
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    29 Oct '10 15:59
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    Food, drink, DVD's, etc... those comparisons are irrelevant. You should be comparing the RHP Subscription fee against the equivalents from it's competitors. I haven't checked in a while but RHP used to be $20 or $30 cheaper than chess.com or gameknot.com annual subs.

í agree.
  9. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    29 Oct '10 17:05
    I really don't think we need a vote to decide on whether to make this an option. I'm sure a few people will use it, and if they do, that's all we need to implement it. After reading this thread, I've seen that most non subs say they wouldn't be interested, but so what, then they wouldn't use it. Surely the site has nothing to lose in adding more options?!
  10. Joined
    01 Aug '10
    Moves
    12 Nov '10 14:03
    I would subscribe if I could bank it in South Africa, or you should give us details of where the closest moneygram office is to your Head-Office.
    Send out details giving people options of payment, and options where to pay it.
    Notifying Barclays and Standard Bank to send out memo's to their Banks, allowing payment to be made through these institutions.
    Banks in South Africa are full of nonsense when a South African wants to send money for membership overseas - SO DESIGN A MONEY GRAM BANK ACCOUNT ?
    NB - SENDING MONEY THROUGH BANKS IS A BIG PROBLEM IN SOUTH AFRICA ?
    MAKE BANKING OPTIONS AN EASIER WAY OF PAYING ?
  11. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    13 Nov '10 02:42
    Originally posted by spicemanpete
    I would subscribe if I could bank it in South Africa, or you should give us details of where the closest moneygram office is to your Head-Office.
    Send out details giving people options of payment, and options where to pay it.
    Notifying Barclays and Standard Bank to send out memo's to their Banks, allowing payment to be made through these institutions. ...[text shortened]... HROUGH BANKS IS A BIG PROBLEM IN SOUTH AFRICA ?
    MAKE BANKING OPTIONS AN EASIER WAY OF PAYING ?
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/core/playerdirectory.php?countryid=710

Maybe you should ask one of the members from South Africa (or those that at least fly the flag, how they paid.

Several subscribers so it doesn't look as hard to pay as you make out.
  12. c6
    Moves
    13 Nov '10 12:01
    I didn't read the whole thread, so I apologize if this was asked or explained already, but what would happen if someone started 100 or so 21/28 games on a quarterly subscription? Would they get to see them all through to the end when the subscription lapsed, or would the player be auto-resigned in each game?
  13. Standard memberpdunne
    Badmaster
    freeshell.de/~dunne
    Moves
    04 Dec '10 13:37
    Originally posted by darvlay
    You have the option of making your subscription non-renewing. It's been that way for years.
    Where exactly does this option appear? I went to the sign-up page at 2checkout.com and all I am offered is a "Bills every 1 Year(s) Until Cancelled" deal.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Dec '10 18:09
    Recently made my third subscription, it's a great site.

I'd be interested in getting a better rate though, perhaps a loyalty scheme etc?

Also a rhp version of the gbaway script (for subscribers use only) would be useful
  15. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    23 Dec '10 00:461 edit
    My last sub was billed higher than all the previous, is this because the two previous were bought by my wife and therefore taken from a different account ..I think the very first was a present from my b in law...so lol, I'm just plain confused IF subs are supposed to be consistent as a reward for such a continuing subscription.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree