take back move

take back move

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a

omnipresent

Moves
20 Feb 06

Now this is a serious suggestion: Since it often happens that you see what a horrible mistake you just made after clicking move, you could perhaps have a button for maybe 5 minutes after you move which you can click. This doesn't take back the move automatically, but rather leaves the descision to your opponent, kinda like the draw offer. Your opponent could then decide whether he wants to allow you to take back the move or not.
What do you think about it?

W
Angler

River City

Moves
20 Feb 06
1 edit

Originally posted by angie88
Now this is a serious suggestion: Since it often happens that you see what a horrible mistake you just made after clicking move, you could perhaps have a button for maybe 5 minutes after you move which you can click. This doesn't take back the move automatically, but rather leaves the descision to your opponent, kinda like the draw offer. Your opponent could ...[text shortened]... decide whether he wants to allow you to take back the move or not.
😛

yuck.

PoPeYe

This is embarrasking

Moves
21 Feb 06

I have a better idea just super glue your hands to your desk until you are sure you are ready to move and then set your own alarm clock and wait five minuets. Because I can promise you after you move and beg for mercy. It's too late it's my move cause this is war. And that would be just one more issue to debate about. Should I have been a jerk and take my move or let you be a jerk and take two moves because you might have a blond moment.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
21 Feb 06

Now this is a serious suggestion: Since it often happens that you see what a horrible mistake you just made after clicking move, you could perhaps have a button for maybe 5 minutes after you move which you can click. This doesn't take back the move automatically, but rather leaves the descision to your opponent, kinda like the draw offer. Your opponent could ...[text shortened]... decide whether he wants to allow you to take back the move or not.
No takebacks! Takeback requests are annoying even in blitz games. People want to blame their mouse for some hideous blunder, then they want to blame me for their loss because I didn't accept the takeback! In correspondence, there is no excuse for not doing at least a 1-ply scan before you move.

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
21 Feb 06

One only needs a few seconds to take back a move, since you always notice the mistake while pressing the Move-button. The thing I request is to delay the processing of the move with a few seconds just to cancel the move and prevent a move notification send to your opponent (if applicable). Just a few seconds is all I ask.

N

The sky

Moves
21 Feb 06

Originally posted by Aiko
One only needs a few seconds to take back a move, since you always notice the mistake while pressing the Move-button. The thing I request is to delay the processing of the move with a few seconds just to cancel the move and prevent a move notification send to your opponent (if applicable). Just a few seconds is all I ask.
A little self-discipline would do the same. Simply stop for a moment when your mouse rests on the move button, imagine what would happen if you'd click, and congratulate yourself for not having clicked yet if you find out that this would have been a bad idea.

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
21 Feb 06

Originally posted by Nordlys
A little self-discipline would do the same. Simply stop for a moment when your mouse rests on the move button, imagine what would happen if you'd click, and congratulate yourself for not having clicked yet if you find out that this would have been a bad idea.
That does not help!

s

Moves
21 Feb 06

The simple solution is to not move before you're absolutely certain you're making the best move you can.

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
21 Feb 06

How about wearing boxing gloves while taking your move. stops you from touching the buttons, and if you do manage to make a mistake you can punch yourself sensless without hurting your hand

😛

penguinpuffin

finsbury

Moves
21 Feb 06

Originally posted by stocken
The simple solution is to not move before you're absolutely certain you're making the best move you can.
i think dustin periodically follows this advice...

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
21 Feb 06

my computer at work takes about 5-10 seconds to finish the move once I click on "move". I've hit "Stop" on the toolbar during that period of time qute a few times 😞 i consider that my take back lol

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
21 Feb 06

Originally posted by PocketKings
my computer at work takes about 5-10 seconds to finish the move once I click on "move". I've hit "Stop" on the toolbar during that period of time qute a few times 😞 i consider that my take back lol
That doesn't actually work.

D

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
21 Feb 06

Originally posted by Ragnorak
That doesn't actually work.

D
yes it does. worked for me a few times. it stops the transaction before its sent

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
21 Feb 06

Originally posted by PocketKings
yes it does. worked for me a few times. it stops the transaction before its sent
I don't think it does. So I tested it. It doesn't work that way, even if you move as fast you can to the stop button.

I have had one occasion where I blundered noticed it and then the page send failed. It was a complete fluke I guess.

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
21 Feb 06

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
I don't think it does. So I tested it. It doesn't work that way, even if you move as fast you can to the stop button.

I have had one occasion where I blundered noticed it and then the page send failed. It was a complete fluke I guess.
i don't know why it wouldn't work for you. but it has worked for me a few times, other times it hasn't. i remember the time I tried to hit the back button, it takes you back to the page before you moved, but you cant change your move