22 Jan '06 15:25
    I don't mind testing too!
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    22 Jan '06 15:36
    Originally posted by MRoberts
    Actually, I quite like it.... but not too sure about it being a permenant feature
    It will probably be one of a number of boards you can select - but not the default, of course.

-Russ
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    22 Jan '06 15:38
    The other (little used) page that got a revamp is the set piece page. It uses the same interface as the board analysis page. So, just for completion :

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/rnewman/rhp2shots/boardpainter.gif

-Russ
  4. Earth Prime
    Moves
    22 Jan '06 15:48
    I will test when you are ready for the mobile interface.
  5. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    22 Jan '06 16:001 edit
    Originally posted by Coconut
    I will test when you are ready for the mobile interface.
    Really? I don't think anyone who read these forums would know that already!
  6. Joined
    27 Jan '05
    Moves
    22 Jan '06 17:04
    Excellent.
  7. London
    Moves
    22 Jan '06 17:13
    Hey Russ, in the new analyse board en passent won't show up, you still have to revert to removing the piece manually and then putting your pawn back to the right square.
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    22 Jan '06 17:20
    Originally posted by Freddie2006
    Hey Russ, in the new analyse board en passent won't show up, you still have to revert to removing the piece manually and then putting your pawn back to the right square.
    This was intentional on the analysis board, but could be changed. I'll leave as is for the time being.

-Russ
  9. Standard memberRavello
    The RudeĀ©
    who knows?
    Moves
    22 Jan '06 17:55
    Originally posted by Russ
    Oh, that pawn shadow on the board is just a proof of concept, not a final board. (Although it could remain, I quite like it now!)

-Russ
    Russ,that pawn shadow is horrible,on the chess board there should be only white and black squares,no drawings or whatever similar.
    Please please please don't keep that shadow on the new board when you will implement everything.
  10. London
    Moves
    22 Jan '06 18:48
    Originally posted by Ravello
    Russ,that pawn shadow is horrible,on the chess board there should be only white and black squares,no drawings or whatever similar.
    Please please please don't keep that shadow on the new board when you will implement everything.
    It really is becoming quite a distraction!
  11. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    22 Jan '06 18:502 edits
    Consider it gone. It was never planned for release anyway. Freddie, I'll get a pawn less board up asap

-Russ
  12. London
    Moves
    22 Jan '06 19:181 edit
    Consider it gone. It was never planned for release anyway. Freddie, I'll get a pawn less board up asap

-Russ
    Cheers Russ, much better now!

To all: you have a lot to look forward to. The new interface is really great and the flip board and new analyse board really help. In a word (or two): it rocks!
  13. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    22 Jan '06 19:24
    Good, glad to hear it. Because, although not obvious, everything works very differently, which is why it was a bit of a monster of a job. Making it look and work like the old board was half the challenge.

I haven't seen a similar board painter aspect of the board analysis page out there on the web before, so as far as I know, that is a first.

Freddie, if you have no problems over the next couple of days, more people can come on board too.

-Russ
  14. London
    Moves
    22 Jan '06 19:32
    Good, glad to hear it. Because, although not obvious, everything works very differently, which is why it was a bit of a monster of a job. Making it look and work like the old board was half the challenge.

I haven't seen a similar board painter aspect of the board analysis page out there on the web before, so as far as I know, that is a first.

Freddie, i ...[text shortened]... you have no problems over the next couple of days, more people can come on board too.

-Russ
    Ok sure. Could you please explain what the point of the "Action Number" is in the analyse board. I'm sure there is a good reason for it I just can't work it out. Is it the ply count? If so, when you go back to the start position the ply count keeps counting and does not realise that you are back where you started again. Is this intentional?
  15. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    22 Jan '06 20:22
    Originally posted by Freddie2006
    Ok sure. Could you please explain what the point of the "Action Number" is in the analyse board. I'm sure there is a good reason for it I just can't work it out. Is it the ply count? If so, when you go back to the start position the ply count keeps counting and does not realise that you are back where you started again. Is this intentional?
    Any action - changing a piece type, removing a piece, adding a piece, moving a piece, viewing a position in the game history adds an 'undo-able' action. Pressing reset clears the record of all previous actions.

Quick example, you move 10 pieces, but decide to change your line. You can rewind 5 actions (viewing action 5 of 10) then start a new line by moving another piece. You will the truncate the history at action 5 and be viewing action 6 of 6.

I hope this makes sense.

-Russ

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree