1. Joined
    08 Jun '09
    Moves
    05 Oct '18 22:20
    Fine for the most part but one niggle is, you don’t say “check” anymore, or have I missed it?
    Also, I liked it when you showed a link to next waiting game. It was quick and less confusing than “wait any game”.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Oct '18 22:35
    @timid-weakling said
    Fine for the most part but one niggle is, you don’t say “check” anymore, or have I missed it?
    Also, I liked it when you showed a link to next waiting game. It was quick and less confusing than “wait any game”.
    I think a circle is there with a check mark in it, and an arrow gets you to next game.
    But neither has words.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Oct '18 23:45
    Just noticed there is no 'crossed-out eyes' emoji anymore.

How is black beetle supposed to post now?
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 02:21
    😵 😵 😵 😵 😵 😵 😵 😵
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 02:29
    Was going to mention analyze board being smaller as well but notice it's back to normal, not a huge fan of the shortened profile and took a while to see full profile after scrolling down but other than that all good.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 06:13
    @karoly-aczel said
    Just noticed there is no 'crossed-out eyes' emoji anymore.

How is black beetle supposed to post now?
    I;m being serious .... its just not the same
  7. SubscriberRomie Dread
    Hip-Hop Poet
    District 9
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 06:391 edit
    This isn't too significant as far as game play goes, but I used to be able to hover the mouse over a flag & know exactly what country the player is either from or representing. Now you have to actually click on it. That extra step just adds a bit more time to a process that used to be immediate. Restoration of just hovering over the flag to receive the country name would be a nice feature. Aside from this small annoyance, I kind of like this upgrade. Especially the more prominent display of the box for placement of notes & the new countdown of characters that can be entered there. Is there anyway for entered notes to be auto-saved after submitting a move, rather than manually having to go down & hit the same button? Thank you Russ & the rest of your team for making this one of the best chess websites on the internet.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 07:521 edit
    @russ said
    Do post your niggles though - now is the time to get things fixed if you are unhappy.
    Russ is it possible to look at the reply and quote functions please?

“Reply” isn’t a reply it’s just a post, the respondees name is not included. This was the same in the previous version, could “reply” please include the name of the person you are replying to please?

“Quote” includes everything including the respondee’s quote of your quote (confused?) not sure if this is necessary, what do other people think?

Also when editing a “quote” the “line return” key is disabled it seems.

Thanks
  9. Sydney
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 08:19
    I can't say I'm au fait with some of the technical improvements.... Visually, however, I don't like it at all. The graphics were very crisp before and it seems a little muddy.
    Clan game, tournament. I have to peer closely to separate the two.
    It strikes me that change has been made for the sake of change.
    Another small gripe would be that before all the relevant profile information would be on the one page. Now you have to delve further. Can't understand why.
    Apart from that it's a great site!
    Cheers
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 13:59
    @the-postman said
    I can't say I'm au fait with some of the technical improvements.... Visually, however, I don't like it at all. The graphics were very crisp before and it seems a little muddy.
    Clan game, tournament. I have to peer closely to separate the two.
    It strikes me that change has been made for the sake of change.
    Another small gripe would be that before all the relevant profil ...[text shortened]... ge. Now you have to delve further. Can't understand why.
    Apart from that it's a great site!
    Cheers
    Sometimes we have a difficulty adjusting to change. I am sure it wasn't done just for the sake of change, there are probably reasons we know nothing about.

We will all get use to it as time goes on!

-VR
  11. Here
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 14:45
    @very-rusty said
    Sometimes we have a difficulty adjusting to change. I am sure it wasn't done just for the sake of change, there are probably reasons we know nothing about.

We will all get use to it as time goes on!

-VR
    You seem such a nice person and quite intelligent
    And then you go and side with Captain Pugwash
    Just shows you appearances can be deceptive
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 17:36
    @padger said
    Wrong forum sir. Keep it friendly.
  13. Here
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 18:02
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Wrong forum sir. Keep it friendly.
    No
    When did Captain Pugwash keep it friendly ?
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 18:051 edit
    @padger said
    Here is the way it is: IF I agree with the person doesn't make me his bff if I disagree with someone doesn't make him/her my enemy. I speak what ever happens to be on my mind and often not so subtle about it. I don't take sides just give my opinion is all, never join the crowd.

You got the nice person correct. Average intelligence in my own humble opinion.

-VR
  15. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    06 Oct '18 18:41
    I am friendly towards friendly posters always have been and always will.
    You on the other hand follow me about like some creepy stalker baiting at every opportunity. You're not even good at it.
    This is for site ideas not to continue some fued that only exists in your head.
    Trying to get other players to join in.. epic fail BTW.
    Is a tad boring and repetative.
    Why not enquire about your clan points idea. Not many posted in it ..but thus is tge forum for it not to make lame pugwash jokes.....😴😴😴😴😴

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree