1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 18:14
    I let the Game 2989194 speak for itself.
    Who won and how?
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 18:23
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I let the Game 2989194 speak for itself.
    Who won and how?
    Bannable for what? It's unrated! What difference?

D
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 19:28
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Bannable for what? It's unrated! What difference?

D
    It's a nonfriendly action. And with no point at all.
    His opponent is a newcomer at RHP, we should treat any newcomers friendly. Therefore I oppose to any actions of this kind.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 19:321 edit
    His opponent is a newcomer at RHP, we should treat any newcomers friendly. Therefore I oppose to any actions of this kind.
    I must agree with you!! How did he get 3 queens on the board??

P.S. I must be seeing things, no there are 3 queens on the board!!!
  5. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 19:49

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 19:53
    White has made more moves than black. Do you not think that the player accepting the open invite should look at what they're accepting? Do you think black has learned something?

I don't see the point in games such as this. I also don't like it. But making it a bannable offence? Come on, don't be ridiculous! They might be friends having a laugh. It could even be a teaching example of the weakness of the f7 square.

D
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 20:27
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    DUH me, of course. Thank you, I forgot this site had that feature.
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 20:31
    Now, this has happened like this:
    A game was set up and challenge a person who had no knoledge of any of this. Without even wait for any aproval of the black opponent he made his first move - who mated black!

Without being unfriendly I can challenge whoever I want, being white myself aginst him who is black. Then I make my first move. My opponent can then decline my friendly challenge and invitation of a friendly game.

Here, the first white move was a move that mated black, even without black can do anything about it, and it happened within minutes, even seconds. This is what I call unfriendly.

Anyone has the power to do this to me, but I've been here for a while, I know how i get to lose a game i didn't even knew I had. But here, this unfriendly action was adressed to a newcomer to RHP, probably not even knowing what hit him.

"Why and how did I lose a game?"
    "Yes, you see, anyone can do this to you. It is permitted whithin the rules at RHP."
    "How rude! How very rude! Indeed!"

And this is what I mean. Everyone can lose any number of games, just by being challenged by a set up game with a mate-in-one for white.

Anyone that don't believe me, say so, and you'll lose a game without you even know it, not even can hinder it, in any way.

I think this unfriendly action should be considered being unfriendly and bannable!
  9. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 21:07
    Anyone that don't believe me, say so, and you'll lose a game without you even know it, not even can hinder it, in any way.
    I don't believe you. 🙂 I'll switch to IE if you succeed in beating me like that.

D
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 22:12
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    I don't believe you. 🙂 I'll switch to IE if you succeed in beating me like that.

D
    Then set your challenge option so I can challenge you and I challenge you right away. And then You have to use IE for the rest of your life. 😛
  11. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 22:351 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

12. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 22:491 edit
    Then set your challenge option so I can challenge you and I challenge you right away. And then You have to use IE for the rest of your life. 😛
    Is allow you to do it what you mean when you say "Anyone that don't believe me, say so, and you'll lose a game without you even know it, not even can hinder it, in any way. "? 😀

D
  13. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    11 Feb '07 01:36
    Maybe they could make an option to not accept set piece games [in challenge settings] or does that already exist?
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Feb '07 08:592 edits
    Or that the system should not accepting any games ending in the first move.
    I think the challengee should be able to do at least one move before losing. During this move he has the choice to delete the game.

Ragnorak betted me that it was impossible to do what I described, but he doesn't dare to give me the possibility to challenge him at all. I think he loses this bet of that reason and should be using IE for the rest of his life! Perhaps he doesn't see it as a punishment after all? 😏
  15. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    11 Feb '07 16:22
    Or that the system should not accepting any games ending in the first move.
    I think the challengee should be able to do at least one move before losing. During this move he has the choice to delete the game.

Ragnorak betted me that it was impossible to do what I described, but he doesn't dare to give me the possibility to challenge him at all. I think ...[text shortened]... be using IE for the rest of his life! Perhaps he doesn't see it as a punishment after all? 😏
    Try on me if you like.

Interestingly - according to profiles the wronged user has played 16 games, all of which are rated, whilst the "villain" has played 15, of which all are rated - does this mean the issue isn't actually as bad as you describe?

User 319051
    User 315160

Or does it mean the result won't show on either profiles until black has acknowledged the game somehow?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree