Thumbs Identity

Thumbs Identity

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
30 Dec 20

I think it would be nice if we could see who is giving the thumbs up or down. It should not be difficult to give the names, I know fb does it.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 Dec 20
1 edit

@eladar said
I think it would be nice if we could see who is giving the thumbs up or down. It should not be difficult to give the names, I know fb does it.
This has been suggested by other snowflakes, furious that they cannot reach out to attack people who disagree with them, but Management has, every single time this has been suggested, decided not to do this, deciding instead to allow Free Speech.

Maybe you'd get your way in Stalinist Russia, or Trumpist America, but not at RHP.

E

Moves
30 Dec 20

@suzianne said
This has been suggested by other snowflakes, furious that they cannot reach out to attack people who disagree with them, but Management has, every single time this has been suggested, decided not to do this, deciding instead to allow Free Speech.

Maybe you'd get your way in Stalinist Russia, or Trumpist America, but not at RHP.
What? Why is honesty something that should be avoided? Only evil people fear the light.

E

Moves
30 Dec 20

Notice I am not saying take away your right to thumb a person up or down. I am just saying let everyone see who is doing it.

Moves
31 Dec 20

@eladar said
Will note that I don't really care either way but you can't compare it to fb as there you can control who sees what you post.

E

Moves
31 Dec 20

@trev33 said
Will note that I don't really care either way but you can't compare it to fb as there you can control who sees what you post.
I am just saying the ability to show who is thumbing up or down is old programming. It should be easy enough to do.

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
31 Dec 20

@eladar said
I thumb down everyone
that's what I do
article one section two
the misanthropic code of conduct

E

Moves
31 Dec 20

@lemondrop said
I thumb down everyone
that's what I do
article one section two
the misanthropic code of conduct
Who said you should not?

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
31 Dec 20

@eladar said
Who said you should not?
I'm revealing my identity just for you
thumb down for you

Moves
31 Dec 20

@lemondrop said
I'm revealing my identity just for you
thumb down for you
Thumb up for you, did it accidentally while scrolling and can't take it back. There's an idea.

Moves
31 Dec 20

@eladar said
I am just saying the ability to show who is thumbing up or down is old programming. It should be easy enough to do.
Im sure Russ will appreciate his programming abilities being compared to Facebook's.

Like Suzi said it has been suggested before and hasn't happened so probably never will. Maybe create a poll?

E

Moves
31 Dec 20

I guess Russ likes his pet trolls.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
31 Dec 20
2 edits

@eladar said
What? Why is honesty something that should be avoided? Only evil people fear the light.
It's not "honesty" you're looking for. What you're looking for is the ability to attack those who disagree with you.

I bet you think that Donald Trump should be able to see a list of everyone who voted against him. Even you can see where that would lead to.

Maybe good people would fear evil retribution.

Here's a suggestion: If you don't like the thumbs, then ignore them.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
31 Dec 20

@trev33 said
Im sure Russ will appreciate his programming abilities being compared to Facebook's.

Like Suzi said it has been suggested before and hasn't happened so probably never will. Maybe create a poll?
There has been a poll on this a few years bakc.

When I tried to find it I saw that Polls vanished from the "Community" tab...

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
31 Dec 20

@eladar said
That's a good argument that not everything that can be done should be done.