1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 May '22 00:10
    @moonbus said
    This confirms my contention that the consensus is against outing those who give thumbs.
    How is the poll going?
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    20 May '22 06:28
    @fmf said
    I've got 20 of those thumbs down on this page already. Did you count those 20 people?
    Yes.
  3. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    20 May '22 06:311 edit
    @fmf said
    How is the poll going?
    Five people have voted so far. I don’t know what the tally is, since I have not voted.

It seems not many people are interested in the topic this time around, but those who are are vehement about it, and vehemently against automatic outing.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 May '22 08:19
    @moonbus said
    Five people have voted so far. I don’t know what the tally is, since I have not voted.
    Neither have I.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 May '22 08:24
    @moonbus said
    It seems not many people are interested in the topic this time around, but those who are are vehement about it, and vehemently against automatic outing.
    Well then, your pronouncements about "the majority of users" and "a consensus" aside, one might as well continue to lobby the website with ideas to make it better. πŸ™‚
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 May '22 08:26
    @moonbus said
    Yes.
    So, it's 25 people now, is it?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 May '22 08:37
    @suzianne said
    Do you honestly think people can't see through your attempt to silence dissent by submitting their names to you so you can grill them interminably in your own version of an inquisition? Seriously?
    If you think that after posting with me here for 14 plus years that I am in the slightest concerned about “dissent” via anonymous thumbs then you truly are deluded.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 May '22 08:38
    @suzianne said
    Getting rid of anonymous thumbs is tantamount to the site becoming Divegeester's and FMF's site of endless grilling of anyone and everyone who disagrees with them. The ONLY way right now to avoid the endless inquisition is to thumb anonymously, something you want to eliminate so you both can then bathe in the lake of apparent agreement in everything you say.

If this be ...[text shortened]... e a couple months of being endlessly scolded about disagreeing with the stars before they too leave.
    Christ on a bike πŸ˜†
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 May '22 08:38
    @moonbus said
    You just want to out your detractors.

But you probably know who most of them are anyway.
    Blimey you too.
    My goodness.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 May '22 08:39
    @moonbus said
    I am not berating or silencing anyone here. Everyone is free to state his opinion. I have stated mine: keep it as it is, anonymous ‘ayes’ and ‘nays’.
    Then why do you continually bleat on and on about this topic being discussed?

Your actions don’t reflect your assertions.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 May '22 08:42
    @moonbus said
    KJ, Dive, and yourself have advocated outing those who give thumbs (albeit, KJ moderated this late in the thread, to offer an option to out oneself): 78 TDs so far.

Those same posters have gotten 15 TUs so far.

Those not in favor of outing those who give thumbs: 39 TUs, 10 TDs.

This confirms my contention that the consensus is against outing those who give thumbs.
    I thought you were intelligent.
    Can’t you see that your stupid stawman poll is self reinforcing circular logic?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 May '22 08:432 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    20 May '22 08:44
    @fmf said
    Well then, your pronouncements about "the majority of users" and "a consensus" aside, one might as well continue to lobby the website with ideas to make it better. πŸ™‚
    Sure. However, outing people who do not wish to be outed is not one of the ideas which would make the site better.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 May '22 08:492 edits
    @moonbus said
    Sure. However, outing people who do not wish to be outed is not one of the ideas which would make the site better.
    Most of the drama on these boards is caused by disagreement .

All of that drama is amplified to ridiculous conflict by the cliquey clubs which in turn are empowered by the thumbing function. It’s been the same since I came here and they were called recs (recommended posts). You’re actually part of it with your silly little poll of thumbs and your little clique thumbing you up.

This thread is a perfect example of how the thumbing system turns honest disagreement in discussion, into a “oh look how many thumbs he’s got or hasn’t got”. It’s utterly pathetic and detracts massively from the integrity of these boards.

But hey the thumbs have it!!

Jeez.
  15. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    20 May '22 09:251 edit
    @moonbus said
    This has been discussed in many previous threads; in one of them, Pondy listed the threads in which it was discussed. Do your homework for yourself.
    https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/site-ideas/limited-thumbs-πŸ‘πŸ‘Ž.190902/page-3

Thread 190902 page 3 (or the link above, for thsoe who don't have time.

Actually it is the same handful of people posting in all the threads... (and before anyone points out the obvious: yes I am among them).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree