1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 May '22 09:37
    @moonbus said
    Sure. However, outing people who do not wish to be outed is not one of the ideas which would make the site better.
    I disagree.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 May '22 09:41
    @ponderable said
    https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/site-ideas/limited-thumbs-👍👎.190902/page-3

Thread 190902 page 3 (or the link above, for thsoe who don't have time.

Actually it is the same handful of people posting in all the threads... (and before anyone points out the obvious: yes I am among them).
    mwmiller:

[He'd said previously] I agree! They appear to be a 'clickbait toy' for children.
    I fail to see any useful reason for them to exist.

I still have that opinion, not that it matters. If someone has a reason to approve or dislike a post just act like an adult and say so in a reply.

The nail on the head hit.
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    20 May '22 09:45
    @fmf said
    mwmiller:

[He'd said previously] I agree! They appear to be a 'clickbait toy' for children.

I still have that opinion, not that it matters. If someone has a reason to approve or dislike a post just act like an adult and say so in a reply.

so take Venda's advice (page 1):

I am not interested in the thumb system in any shape or form.
    My only suggestion would be a facility to mask them on my profile so I don't even have to see them.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 May '22 09:541 edit
    @ponderable said
    so take Venda's advice (page 1)
    Venda's advice isn't about making the site better.

As mwmiller put it, anonymous thumbs [and perhaps all thumbs] "...appear to be a 'clickbait toy' for children."

We are NOT children here.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 May '22 10:121 edit
    @venda said
    My only suggestion would be a facility to mask them on my profile so I don't even have to see them.
    See Ponderable's new thread.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 May '22 16:16
    @fmf said

Really? Then why cry about the the thumbs up and down. Are you getting too many that are red? 🙂

-VR
  7. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 May '22 17:22
    @fmf said
    For not-children, you two are certainly rather playgroundy about tallying who does and doesn't like you.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 May '22 17:37
    @shallow-blue said
    For not-children, you two are certainly rather playgroundy about tallying who does and doesn't like you.
    I think those who are interested in "tallying who does and doesn't like" certain people are those who like thumbing people down anonymously. I don't use the feature myself, and I think it's a silly facility to have on a site for grown ups.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 May '22 17:40
    @very-rusty said
    Really? Then why cry about the the thumbs up and down. Are you getting too many that are red?
    Getting rid of the anonymity or getting rid of thumbs altogether is a suggestion for the site designer and this is the forum for it: Site Ideas.
  10. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    20 May '22 18:30
    @fmf said
    Getting rid of the anonymity or getting rid of thumbs altogether is a suggestion for the site designer and this is the forum for it: Site Ideas.
    ..and did you already answer the question whyt new argument you have apart from what has been discussed in 10 threads before?

Doing the same over and over, while expecting different results is a sign of madness...
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 May '22 23:19
    @ponderable said
    Doing the same over and over, while expecting different results is a sign of madness...
    Like anonymously thumbing down posts?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 May '22 08:051 edit
    @shallow-blue said
    Awww, did the nasty anonymous thumbies hurt ickle FMFie? Well, don't worry, deary, I'm sure good uncle geester will kiss it all better if you ask him nicely.

The irony is thick.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 May '22 08:07
    @fmf said
    mwmiller:

Indeed, and said by one of the longest term members, non-cliquey, non-partisan, forthright and honest.

Quite refreshing.
  14. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    21 May '22 17:01
    @moonbus said
    Five people have voted so far. I don’t know what the tally is, since I have not voted.

It seems not many people are interested in the topic this time around, but those who are are vehement about it, and vehemently against automatic outing.
    I didn't see the poll Flash, but my vote would've been automatic for free speech.

Anonymous thumbs = Free Speech. (Humble, timid or otherwise.)

The Siamese-troll known as FMF/Geester can go on whining interminably. I doubt many care.

Dude's like one of those slimy glow-worms in a deep dark cave. He just spits up a string of snot, turns on the light and hopes for an unwary meal. 😁
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 May '22 20:46
    @fmf said
    I pretty much agree with KellyJay.
    That's hilarious, since he manages to be the biggest target of your (and divegeester's) ire. You endlessly grill him in Spirituality through thread after thread after thread, for the simple crime of disagreeing with you.

Apparently he wants more targets for you, to deflect the ire you show him on a daily basis.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree