1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    22 Mar '10 12:25
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    Because that guy "atri" had hundreds of games where he was not making any moves at all and to drop the vacation flag would have meant most of them finishing with a loss but thanks to the rules he could continue to pile on more games that he wouldn't make moves in. Again, I am not making the complaint of the original OP - he seems to want cake AND ice cre ...[text shortened]... as opposed to watering the feet of their opponents with a substance less pure than tap water.
    fair point. i guess it wouldn't do any harm.
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    22 Mar '10 16:59
    Solution!

7/14 games... but you must move twice a day, and spend at least ONE day a week making 3 or more moves.

As you can see, I've worked it out.

P-
  3. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    22 Mar '10 23:29
    Because that guy "atri" had hundreds of games where he was not making any moves at all and to drop the vacation flag would have meant most of them finishing with a loss but thanks to the rules he could continue to pile on more games that he wouldn't make moves in. Again, I am not making the complaint of the original OP - he seems to want cake AND ice cre ...[text shortened]... as opposed to watering the feet of their opponents with a substance less pure than tap water.
    The thing is you are advocating restricting games for players just because one person did something that resulted in a pile of timeouts.

In March (to date) I could have joined a grand total of 51 tournaments which would have given me a total of 730 games in under a month.

You then get players such as User 193938 who would suffer as they play loads of games, just because of atri gate?

They have finished nearly 250 games so far this month, have 763 in progress, so in the last month has been playing over 1,000 games at the same time.

To date they have played 8950 games and only been timed out in 75 games.

Restricting their game volume would be wrong.

Maybe you want admin to restrict the amount of tournaments a player can enter

or

Maybe anyone who times out more than say 50 games should have their gameloads restricted?
  4. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    23 Mar '10 06:17
    5-10% would be better
  5. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    24 Mar '10 17:42
    Originally posted by adramforall
    The thing is you are advocating restricting games for players just because [b]one person did something that resulted in a pile of timeouts.

In March (to date) I could have joined a grand total of 51 tournaments which would have given me a total of 730 games in under a month.

You then get players such as User 193938 who would suffer a ...[text shortened]... or

Maybe anyone who times out more than say 50 games should have their gameloads restricted?[/b]
    I'm not advocating a restriction of games. I am just advocating that you can't take more games while flying the vacation flag. Drop the flag and enter as many tournaments as you like.
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    24 Mar '10 18:12
    I'm not advocating a restriction of games. I am just advocating that you can't take more games while flying the vacation flag. Drop the flag and enter as many tournaments as you like.
    Player drops flag one day.
    Joins tourney.
    Hoists flag next day.

How is this a solution in any way?
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    24 Mar '10 18:21
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Joins tourney.
    Hoists flag next day.

like xe said before if you do that there will be a window where you'll not to immune from timeout... clicky clicky... actually wouldn't it be 24 hours? pretty sure i couldn't start an immediate vacation.

it couldn't do any harm.
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    24 Mar '10 18:211 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    24 Mar '10 19:31
    Originally posted by trev33
    like xe said before if you do that there will be a window where you'll not to immune from timeout... clicky clicky... actually wouldn't it be 24 hours? pretty sure i couldn't start an immediate vacation.

it couldn't do any harm.
    Cancel at 23:50 GMT, join tourney(s), start vacation for next day that is only 10 or so minutes away. If you're really good and have all proper pages in tabs ready to roll you could probably do it in 4 minutes joining several tourneys.

P-
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    24 Mar '10 22:10
    Cancel at 23:50 GMT, join tourney(s), start vacation for next day that is only 10 or so minutes away. If you're really good and have all proper pages in tabs ready to roll you could probably do it in 4 minutes joining several tourneys.

P-
    i'm pretty sure you can't automatically cancel a vacation. i know i've returned from vacation with time remaining and not been able to cancel it for that day.
  11. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    25 Mar '10 02:24
    Joins tourney.
    Hoists flag next day.

Please listen and I'll explain this for the 1000th time and real slow so you can get it. If "atri" had dropped his flag he would have lost the hundreds of games that he had already exceeded the time limit in without even moving (in most of them.) So all those players and tournaments that he had been holding up by his irresponsible behavior would not have had to wait even longer for his vacation to end and realizing that he could not enter more games to pad his number he might have actually tried to play some games and not subject more players to fruitless waiting. Do you get this?
  12. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    25 Mar '10 12:33
    Please listen and I'll explain this for the 1000th time and real slow so you can get it. If "atri" had dropped his flag he would have lost the hundreds of games that he had already exceeded the time limit in without even moving (in most of them.) So all those players and tournaments that he had been holding up by his irresponsible behavior would not have ...[text shortened]... tried to play some games and not subject more players to fruitless waiting. Do you get this?
    Lets make it easy.

I don't need to be on vacation to do this. I can enter as many tournaments as I wish when I am not on holiday.

For March 2010 I could have added over 700 games by joining every available tournament.

If we assume this is an average amount per month then taking the fully allotted time per move in each game, I could easily go 3-4 months without timing out any games and then be running with close to 3,000 games.

There would be nothing to stop me entering every single tournament I was eligible for every month, adding 700 games to my gameload every month.

Lets not use "atri" as an excuse to stop people entering tournaments when on vacation. It is like using a 20lb sledge hammer to crack a nut. POINTLESS.
  13. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    25 Mar '10 16:45
    Please listen and I'll explain this for the 1000th time and real slow so you can get it. If "atri" had dropped his flag he would have lost the hundreds of games that he had already exceeded the time limit in without even moving (in most of them.) So all those players and tournaments that he had been holding up by his irresponsible behavior would not have ...[text shortened]... tried to play some games and not subject more players to fruitless waiting. Do you get this?
    It doesn't work.

I don't need to read what you wrote twice.
  14. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    25 Mar '10 21:07
    It doesn't work.

I don't need to read what you wrote twice.
    true you could start 700 or so games before going on vacation but if you couldn't join new tournament while on vacation and while on vacation if was preventing you from being timed out in x amount of games you wouldn't turn your flag off just to enter a few more tournaments in the fear of being timed out in hose game vulnerable. try in yourself, you can't leave a vacation before 12 midnight and you can't put yourself on vacation fir the current day. therefore there much be a 24 hour period that you would be vulnerable for time-out if you wanted to join new tournaments while on vacation.
  15. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    26 Mar '10 14:13
    Originally posted by trev33
    true you could start 700 or so games before going on vacation but if you couldn't join new tournament while on vacation and while on vacation if was preventing you from being timed out in x amount of games you wouldn't turn your flag off just to enter a few more tournaments in the fear of being timed out in hose game vulnerable. try in yourself, you can't lea ...[text shortened]... ou would be vulnerable for time-out if you wanted to join new tournaments while on vacation.
    MY GOD DUDE!

You realize we have 36 days of vacation each year, right?

Why punish everyone with a stupid rule?

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree