1. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    22 Jan '06 10:201 edit
    Just an idea for the site to make more money (hopefully not too much more) and the chance for winners of tournaments to get a trophy. Yes I accept some might say it is shallow, but I would say that it takes a lot of effort to win a tournament and it would be nice for that effort to be rewarded with a keepsake trophy (which the winner could pay for from the site suitably enscribed etc). Obviously not compulsory, and as the site would purchase these in bulk hopefully they would not be too expensive (perhaps even a choice of a cheap, moderate or more expensive option). If rhp decided to do this they would have a ready market in that there has been a lot of tournaments already won.
  2. Standard memberRONOC
    On a wave
    Cornwall
    Moves
    22 Jan '06 12:46

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    22 Jan '06 15:59
    Originally posted by ronoc
    Exellent suggestion, not that I shall ever win a tournament nevertheless I shall endeavor.
    I do think that although the trophy idea is good I do think that the site being as good quality as it is (lick lick) should have a more innovitive prize, still with the trophy like status ie; can hold look and feel and show or display it, just a more prestigous award w ...[text shortened]... e,bare in mind it should have all the qualities of a trophie, just not look so shit, well.....
    So much for no swearing in the forums.

Anyway - to the idea - if you look for the clan themed tounries they generally have a prize attached for the winner, and as clan leaders are being more innovative there are more of these springing up all the time.
  4. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    22 Jan '06 16:12
    Originally posted by rhb
    So much for no swearing in the forums.

Anyway - to the idea - if you look for the clan themed tounries they generally have a prize attached for the winner, and as clan leaders are being more innovative there are more of these springing up all the time.
    yeah but it would be nice if it applied to all tournaments, I mean in a discretionary way, i.e the winner (possibly even the runner up too) would have the OPTION to buy it. I am not saying the winner would have to. It is my guess clans see this as a way of attracting members, the same could be said for attracting subscribers to the site.
  5. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    22 Jan '06 16:22
    Originally posted by stevetodd
    yeah but it would be nice if it applied to all tournaments, I mean in a discretionary way, i.e the winner (possibly even the runner up too) would have the OPTION to buy it. I am not saying the winner would have to. It is my guess clans see this as a way of attracting members, the same could be said for attracting subscribers to the site.
    Perhaps it would be nice, but it may work better if the cost was absorbed in existing subs. Otherwise, I don't particularly see what's attractive about having the option to spend more money if you win.

Additional question / thought:

Is there a risk this would increase engine use? If there is something tangible on offer at the end of the tournie might that work as an incentive to some sad muppets to cheat to get hold of the prize?

I don't want to rip the idea apart, just trying to get you to think it through a bit more.
  6. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    22 Jan '06 16:371 edit
    Originally posted by rhb
    Perhaps it would be nice, but it may work better if the cost was absorbed in existing subs. Otherwise, I don't particularly see what's attractive about having the option to spend more money if you win.

Additional question / thought:

Is there a risk this would increase engine use? If there is something tangible on offer at the end of the tournie might that ...[text shortened]...

I don't want to rip the idea apart, just trying to get you to think it through a bit more.
    Yes I did consider this and this is why I think the cost should not be absorbed by subs so that a cheater would not be gaining (i.e. he would still have to pay for it, yes he could cheat and win the right to buy but at least he would not win the cost of the trophy). Also as the game mods are now in place I hope that it is more difficult to cheat now and hopefully it is less of a problem. Another reason why it should not be absorbed by subs is that it would be a cost to everyone, so players that had no interest in trophies would be forced to contribute. If someone does not want to buy the trophy they can simply decline to do so, rhp might even be able to simply forge a link with a trophy supplier that contacts tournament winners and pays a fee to rhp (for the extra business they get)
  7. Standard memberRONOC
    On a wave
    Cornwall
    Moves
    22 Jan '06 16:39
    Sorry if my terminology has upset the the bookburners, is there a ban on the word itself or is it all words which may be deemed offensive, as for the word itself a slang term used to discribe excrement was appropriatly used to convey my point, is it excrement itself you are upset by or the thought of it, or is it the act in which it is fasioned, or maybe just my lazy approach to exspressive language, how about the word poo , oops there i go again, once more I oppologise.
    sincerly ronoc.
  8. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    22 Jan '06 17:39
    Sorry if my terminology has upset the the bookburners, is there a ban on the word itself or is it all words which may be deemed offensive, as for the word itself a slang term used to discribe excrement was appropriatly used to convey my point, is it excrement itself you are upset by or the thought of it, or is it the act in which it is fasioned, or maybe just ...[text shortened]... nguage, how about the word poo , oops there i go again, once more I oppologise.
    sincerly ronoc.
    Thread 36711

Didn't upset me, I'm just surprised the rules have lasted less than one week.
  9. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    22 Jan '06 17:41
    Yes I did consider this and this is why I think the cost should not be absorbed by subs so that a cheater would not be gaining (i.e. he would still have to pay for it, yes he could cheat and win the right to buy but at least he would not win the cost of the trophy). Also as the game mods are now in place I hope that it is more difficult to cheat now and ho ...[text shortened]... upplier that contacts tournament winners and pays a fee to rhp (for the extra business they get)
    Fair enough... there are still good and bad bits about the idea whichever way it is approached. The cost to the subs would be minimal spread over the subscriber base.

Let me guess - you are a Trophy Supplier touting for business yes?

😉

My bosses wife will be supplying the trophies for the Ginger clan tournament.
  10. Standard memberThe Slow Pawn
    HIT THE LIGHTS
    Moves
    22 Jan '06 17:46
    Just an idea for the site to make more money (hopefully not too much more) and the chance for winners of tournaments to get a trophy. Yes I accept some might say it is shallow, but I would say that it takes a lot of effort to win a tournament and it would be nice for that effort to be rewarded with a keepsake trophy (which the winner could pay for from the ...[text shortened]... do this they would have a ready market in that there has been a lot of tournaments already won.
    and if you think ideas couldn't get any worse, the todd pops up and strikes us with stupidity !!!
  11. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    22 Jan '06 18:27
    Originally posted by The Slow Pawn
    and if you think ideas couldn't get any worse, the todd pops up and strikes us with stupidity !!!
    Just because you don't think it's a good idea doesn't mean it isn't as I said it would make money for the site and would be optional, no one is saying you would have to pay. If you haven't got anything constructive to say why not just...........can't actually say it due to Russ's recent clampdown.
  12. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    22 Jan '06 18:38
    Just because you don't think it's a good idea doesn't mean it isn't as I said it would make money for the site and would be optional, no one is saying you would have to pay. If you haven't got anything constructive to say why not just...........can't actually say it due to Russ's recent clampdown.
    Just been looking for your site ideas can't seem to find (only looked back until April 05.....did I miss any?) or do you just sit there criticising other people's ideas.
  13. Standard memberRONOC
    On a wave
    Cornwall
    Moves
    22 Jan '06 19:11
    I appologise didn't realize we were on clamp down, thanks for the straightener.
  14. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    22 Jan '06 19:151 edit
    I appologise didn't realize we were on clamp down, thanks for the straightener.
    Don't know if I have misunderstood but it looks as if you may think I was directing the earlier post (mentioning clampdown) at you, I wasn't it was directed at the guy that had nothing constructive just insults to say
  15. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    22 Jan '06 19:47
    Originally posted by rhb
    Fair enough... there are still good and bad bits about the idea whichever way it is approached. The cost to the subs would be minimal spread over the subscriber base.

Let me guess - you are a Trophy Supplier touting for business yes?

😉

My bosses wife will be supplying the trophies for the Ginger clan tournament.
    lol no I'm a surveyor by profession nothing at all to do with trophies

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree