1. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    07 Jan '08 15:09
    Okay, I've used the vacation flag enough during this holiday season to come to appreciate it. I have just one minor adjustment that might really make it more fair. How about, "you can't take skulls from other players while you are on vacation yourself?" It seems fair to me.
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    07 Jan '08 16:37
    Originally posted by coquette
    Okay, I've used the vacation flag enough during this holiday season to come to appreciate it. I have just one minor adjustment that might really make it more fair. How about, "you can't take skulls from other players while you are on vacation yourself?" It seems fair to me.
    Why?

If your opponent has already used up their vacation allotment, why give him more?

D
  3. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    08 Jan '08 07:17
    Ok, fair point.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jan '08 18:35
    How about you cannot join a new Tournament if your on vacation? We have a few players who seem to use the flag to avoid the time-out on the 1-zero tournaments.

We also have some who use it to avoid 'loosing' and drive their score counter up by playing only games they can win.

Abuse is a terrible thing.
  5. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    09 Jan '08 00:07
    Originally posted by erice1
    We also have some who use it to avoid 'loosing' and drive their score counter up by playing only games they can win.
    No point. They're breaking no rules, they'll still lose, only their rating will be higher at point of defeat, so they'll drop more points.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jan '08 00:30
    Originally posted by rhb
    No point. They're breaking no rules, they'll still lose, only their rating will be higher at point of defeat, so they'll drop more points.
    The point is that if your on vacation and you dont think you can keep up with your games.. then why would you join a Tournament anyway?
  7. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    09 Jan '08 01:35
    The point is that if your on vacation and you dont think you can keep up with your games.. then why would you join a Tournament anyway?
    It's a terrible idea.

Tournaments generally open at least 2 weeks before they begin.

D
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jan '08 03:15
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    It's a terrible idea.

Tournaments generally open at least 2 weeks before they begin.

D
    yeah, I guess your right. Why mess up most players because one or two don't play with integrity.
  9. Santiago
    Moves
    12 Jan '08 02:34
    What is the vacation allowance?
  10. Santiago
    Moves
    12 Jan '08 02:411 edit
    I have found it 36 days. I hope that isn´t in a calendar year.

I must say a few very lucky people have generous work vacation allowances, especially when they are losing.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Jan '08 06:17
    Some people also use the vacation time so they don't lose it, some because they have a big game load and don't want to get timed out.
    Yes, some like to play with the ratings, then their are others that play in the tournaments, and as many as they can cause they know they can win them....LOL....What is against the rules in any of this ???
  12. The sky
    Moves
    12 Jan '08 16:38
    Originally posted by Hopster
    I have found it 36 days. I hope that isn´t in a calendar year.
    Yes, it is.
  13. Santiago
    Moves
    12 Jan '08 18:32
    So he has 72 days to play with plus the joy of not having to move for 7 day chunks. I should finish up the games sometime in 2010.

Somehow that is not right. I think the vacation allowance should be reduced to 14 days. After all, in the past the facility didn´t exist at all, so a reduction would be a fair balance.
  14. Santiago
    Moves
    12 Jan '08 19:10
    At the risk of boring people I have a suggestion.

Why don´t we disable peoples´ ability to move at all, once they put the vacation flag up. Then you have the best of both worlds. Their games are protected and the function isn´t abused. Otherwise it is just another handy timebank and doesn´t serve it´s original function.
  15. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    12 Jan '08 20:21
    Originally posted by Hopster
    At the risk of boring people I have a suggestion.

Why don´t we disable peoples´ ability to move at all, once they put the vacation flag up. Then you have the best of both worlds. Their games are protected and the function isn´t abused. Otherwise it is just another handy timebank and doesn´t serve it´s original function.
    Why do you think you can tell me what I can do on my vacation?

See this thread for a discussion on a number of points regarding the vacation system.
    Thread 69651

Out of interest, what do you think "it´s original function" is?

D

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree