1. Standard memberc99ux
    'Sir' to you
    Osaka, Japan
    Moves
    28 May '07 01:15
    If a player is on vacation, not only shouldn't they be able to move, but they shouldn't be able to post in the forums. It's most annoying to see my games held up because my opponent is "on holiday for 2 weeks", and then read some drivel they wrote in a forum, and I notice that they "last moved 2 minutes ago"...

The vacation system should be a self-imposed totally exclusive exile. If a person logs in while "on vacation", the vacation should automatically finish at that time.
  2. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    28 May '07 01:21
    Originally posted by c99ux
    The vacation system should be a self-imposed totally exclusive exile. If a person logs in while "on vacation", the vacation should automatically finish at that time.
    Excellent suggestion. I couldn't agree more - they are obviously NOT on vacation if they are playing other games and posting in the forums.
    They usually come up with some crap about only having time to nip into an internet cafe or some other bull.
  3. Joined
    24 Jan '07
    Moves
    02 Jun '07 10:06
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Excellent suggestion. I couldn't agree more - they are obviously NOT on vacation if they are playing other games and posting in the forums.
    They usually come up with some crap about only having time to nip into an internet cafe or some other bull.
    Why do you find the story about the internet cafe implausible? It seems perfectly credible to me.
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    02 Jun '07 11:42
    If a player is on vacation, not only shouldn't they be able to move, but they shouldn't be able to post in the forums. It's most annoying to see my games held up because my opponent is "on holiday for 2 weeks", and then read some drivel they wrote in a forum, and I notice that they "last moved 2 minutes ago"...

The vacation system should be a self-imposed t ...[text shortened]... son logs in while "on vacation", the vacation should automatically finish at that time.
    What is it that is so hard to understand that the "Vacation" in "vacation system" refers to a vacation from the site and not an actual physical holiday.

People have a complete misconception about the vacation system.
    Read Russ' post about it...

"1) Players on vacation and their opponents can continue to move. It is only protection from timeout for a fixed number of days, nothing more.

2) A player must clear down games at risk from timeout before their vacation ends. Removal of the vacation flag will end any protection. The vacation page help will be updated to make this clear.

3) People can use their days as they please.

-Russ"
  5. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jun '07 13:161 edit

The vacation system should be a self-imposed t ...[text shortened]... son logs in while "on vacation", the vacation should automatically finish at that time.
    The only thing wrong with this idea is that when the vacation ends, they'll be able to be timed out. Maybe they should only get 30 more minutes before it ends.
  6. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    03 Jun '07 02:00
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    "Vacation" in "vacation system" refers to a vacation from the site and not an actual physical holiday.

I suggest it be renamed to Timebank Parachute.

Or "Buy More Time" maybe. 🙄
  7. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    03 Jun '07 06:21
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    What is it that is so hard to understand that the "Vacation" in "vacation system" refers to a vacation from the site and not an actual physical holiday.

People have a complete misconception about the vacation system.
    Read Russ' post about it...

"1) [b]Players on vacation and their opponents can continue to move. It is only protection from timeout for ...[text shortened]... ated to make this clear.

[b]3) People can use their days as they please.

-Russ"[/b]
    I cannot agree more. Good post.
  8. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    12 Aug '07 21:36
    deja vu all over again?
  9. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    12 Aug '07 21:42
    Originally posted by coquette
    deja vu all over again?
    Why are you bumping these old threads? It's not deja vu - you're just resurrecting old complaints.
  10. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    12 Aug '07 21:55
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    Why are you bumping these old threads? It's not deja vu - you're just resurrecting old complaints.
    i bumped them because some new people entered the discussion that weren't on board when the older ones were posted. i figured that these would help everyone gain some perspective. if i'm wrong, then fine.
  11. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    12 Aug '07 21:59
    i bumped them because some new people entered the discussion that weren't on board when the older ones were posted. i figured that these would help everyone gain some perspective. if i'm wrong, then fine.
    Wnat rag said in Thread 73533 pretty much sums what I think up.

You could have posted one new thread with links and it wouldn't be this irritating to just have all these past threads be brought up when most people don't even care.
  12. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    12 Aug '07 22:35
    Wnat rag said in Thread 73533 pretty much sums what I think up.

You could have posted one new thread with links and it wouldn't be this irritating to just have all these past threads be brought up when most people don't even care.
    that's true, but the "irritation" does make the point . ... .
  13. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    12 Aug '07 22:511 edit
    that's true, but the "irritation" does make the point . ... .
    What point? That a minority are irritated?

A list of threads doesn't constitute an argument. And the irritation only makes me think less of your argument, or I should say, lack thereof.

Plus it makes me less sympathetic to your cause.
  14. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    12 Aug '07 23:50
    What point? That a minority are irritated?

A list of threads doesn't constitute an argument. And the irritation only makes me think less of your argument, or I should say, lack thereof.

Plus it makes me less sympathetic to your cause.
    i didn't make myself clear. i was referring to the degree of irritation expressed by so many. presenting the links did not convey the same degee of irritation. your irritation makes the point. that's what i meant.

as to a lack of a point, that is just too clever of you. i needn't try to respond. clearly you are much to clever for me to bother.
  15. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    13 Aug '07 00:22
    i didn't make myself clear. i was referring to the degree of irritation expressed by so many. presenting the links did not convey the same degee of irritation. your irritation makes the point. that's what i meant.

as to a lack of a point, that is just too clever of you. i needn't try to respond. clearly you are much to clever for me to bother.
    You're right on one thing, you didn't make yourself clear.

Expressed by so many? What, 5 threads over how much time?

Also, you really shouldn't be complaining about people attacking you personally when you apparently have no qualms about doing so yourself.

I didn't attack you personally at all.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree