1. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    13 Aug '07 03:36
    five thread is not five postings. five threads with multiple entries. i'm sorry if i attacked you personally. i'm not so sure where i did, but i was wrong to do it if i did
  2. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    14 Aug '07 01:08
    Originally posted by coquette
    five thread is not five postings. five threads with multiple entries. i'm sorry if i attacked you personally. i'm not so sure where i did, but i was wrong to do it if i did
    Multiple entries by how many of the same people? The point is 5 threads can mean many or few people. It also matters if it's 5 threads in 5 years or 5 days.

What I meant with respect to your personal attack was the phrase ending "... clearly you're too clever..etc.." that just reaked of a sarcastic, passive agressive attack - not blatant, but if you were honestly calling me clever, then thanks for the compliment 🙂
  3. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    14 Aug '07 03:51
    okay. you were right. that was sarcasm. i apologize. i thought that it was so mild as to be .. . forgettable .. but it wasn't. i'll not do that again.
  4. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    14 Aug '07 04:03
    Originally posted by coquette
    okay. you were right. that was sarcasm. i apologize. i thought that it was so mild as to be .. . forgettable .. but it wasn't. i'll not do that again.
    No problem. If it hadn't been for your prior admonition of others for that kind of thing then I probably would have just let it pass in any case.

It's forgotten 🙂
  5. the highway to hell
    Moves
    18 Aug '07 11:53
    Originally posted by c99ux
    If a player is on vacation, not only shouldn't they be able to move, but they shouldn't be able to post in the forums. It's most annoying to see my games held up because my opponent is "on holiday for 2 weeks", and then read some drivel they wrote in a forum, and I notice that they "last moved 2 minutes ago"...

The vacation system should be a self-imposed t ...[text shortened]... son logs in while "on vacation", the vacation should automatically finish at that time.
    THE VACATION SYSTEM IS RUBBISH. IF SOMEONE IS GOING ON HOLIDAY, THEY SHOULD HAVE THE DECENCY TO ADVISE THE OPPONENT IN ADVANCE, AND THEY SHOULD HAVE THE DECENCY TO SAY WHEN THEY WILL BE BACK.
    ALSO, THEY SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO GO ON VACATION IF THE GAME IS LESS THAN 10 MOVES OLD.
  6. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    19 Aug '07 00:44
    Originally posted by eamon o
    THE VACATION SYSTEM IS RUBBISH. If someone is going on holiday, they should have the decency to advise the opponent in advance, and they should have the decency to say when they will be back.
    Also, they should not be allowed to go on vacation if the game is less than 10 moves old.
    I agree - apart from the 10 move part; that makes no difference really.

We shouldn't have to rely on the decency of the opponents to say when and for how long - it should be obligatory. [that's my opinion and at least the game would be FAIR then]
  7. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    19 Aug '07 01:09

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    19 Aug '07 02:04
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

We shouldn't have to rely on the decency of the opponents to say when and for how long - it should be obligatory. [that's my opinion and at least the game would be FAIR then]
    We shouldn't be regulating what "decency" is.
  9. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    19 Aug '07 02:04
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    No, only if they have the audacity to make a move while on vacation.
  10. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    19 Aug '07 06:38
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    We shouldn't be regulating what "decency" is.
    We are not; the dictionary is.

"polite and respectable" 😛
  11. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    19 Aug '07 06:41
    What a good idea!

rec'd

😉
  12. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    19 Aug '07 10:39
    I have an even better idea. Lets set up a website where we charge people money, and then stop them from visiting us for prolonged periods of time.

MINT!!!

D
  13. Standard memberc99ux
    'Sir' to you
    Osaka, Japan
    Moves
    20 Aug '07 04:401 edit
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    I have an even better idea. Lets set up a website where we charge people money, and then stop them from visiting us for prolonged periods of time.

MINT!!!

D
    But we allow them to set how long those periods of time are, if they want to use them.

EDIT: And the period that they self-impose MUST NOT BE ADDED ON TO THEIR PAID SUBSCRIPTION!!!!
  14. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    20 Aug '07 10:15
    Originally posted by c99ux
    But we allow them to set how long those periods of time are, if they want to use them.

EDIT: And the period that they self-impose MUST NOT BE ADDED ON TO THEIR PAID SUBSCRIPTION!!!!
    🙄

You need to update your profile...specifically, where you state you play chess for fun and where you state that you always take TOs, vacation flag or not.
    "I like to play chess for fun... Holiday flags get abused, so I don't recognise them. I claim skulls. "

It's funny that the people who aren't happy with the new vacation system are those who have stated in their profiles that they always click skulls. 🙄

D
  15. Standard memberc99ux
    'Sir' to you
    Osaka, Japan
    Moves
    20 Aug '07 15:341 edit
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    🙄

You need to update your profile...specifically, where you state you play chess for fun and where you state that you always take TOs, vacation flag or not.
    "I like to play chess for fun... Holiday flags get abused, so I don't recognise them. I claim skulls. "

It's funny that the people who aren't happy with the new vacation system are those who have stated in their profiles that they always click skulls. 🙄

D
    Why should I update my profile? It hasn't changed since I joined nearly 2 years ago; I still play for fun but according to the specific time limits of each game. I still take skulls and think that holiday flags (and the current system for using them) get abused.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree