1. Joined
    25 Mar '05
    Moves
    29 Mar '05 19:14
    I know that the site has its own policy regarding the benefits of membership, but I sincerely believe that this policy is really exagerated. Other chess sites have the same limited access for non-paying members, but they also have a small number of tournaments that are open for all registered users (paying or non-paying). This site would be much more interesting if it offered something more than just friendly games (even if they are rated) to those who don't afford subscribing as paying members. I'm not saying that they (I mean we) should have full access to every tournament there is. I just think that this site would be much better if it had just one free tournament every three or four months.
  2. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    29 Mar '05 19:23
    It does. The last one at the end of december: http://www.redhotpawn.com/tournament/view.php?tid=429
  3. Joined
    25 Mar '05
    Moves
    29 Mar '05 19:37
    You mean those trial tournaments? I could say my mistake but, after all, the Xmas is a long way behind us. And the latest before that is a pityful 12 entrants mini tournament in May. You could say that there are, and yet...
  4. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    29 Mar '05 21:29
    Originally posted by Kharpidani
    You mean those trial tournaments? I could say my mistake but, after all, the Xmas is a long way behind us. And the latest before that is a pityful 12 entrants mini tournament in May. You could say that there are, and yet...
    So why would you bother,if the tournaments was so ''pityful''?

Tournament for non subs are a waste of time since they usually leave the site and then leave the tournament hanging.
  5. In your face
    Moves
    29 Mar '05 23:25
    Come on man. Just subscribe. It's excellent value for money when you think about it. 30 dollars for a year. That's less than 10 cents a day.
  6. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    29 Mar '05 23:29
    Firstly as you have been here just four days welcome to the site.

Play chess, if you enjoy it save up and subscribe. I was a non member for 2 years before subscribing.

But subscription is well worth it. I would be prepared to pay $29.99 a month never mind a year.

Your 6 game limit inhibits potential tournament play.

But I'll give you a friendly warning that there are many members here who believe non-subscribers should have less privileges than they already do. Like any community it pays to give respect to those who have been a part of it for a while.

Good luck and enjoy the game
  7. In your face
    Moves
    29 Mar '05 23:47
    Originally posted by invigorate
    Firstly as you have been here just four days welcome to the site.

But subscription is well worth it. I would be prepared to pay $29.99 a month never mind a year.

Hey come on. Don't give em any ideas man.
  8. Joined
    25 Mar '05
    Moves
    30 Mar '05 17:19
    Sorry! Look. I didn't intend to offend anyone. I have nothing against this site or its rules. I'm just a little upset by the fact that the Internet, generally speaking, offers almost nothing that is free and interesting at the same time. I love playing chess but I have absolutely no possibility of paying the subscription. I don't want to be pathetic or something like that but I'm barely eighteen and I live in Romania. I don't have a paycheque of my own and the last thing my parents would do is to give money for a chess site (even if it's just 29,95 a year). And remember: this is one site. JUST ONE! But there are thousands of things I want to do on the Internet and each of them requires a monthly subscription of JUST 6 DOLLARS. Should we multiply? I once had trouble with some viruses and I was looking for a solution on the Internet. I found more than enough. I downloded the software, waited for about thirty minutes to see the scan diagnosis, and what do you know? I got the most funny message:
    CONGRATULATIONS, KID! YOU HAVE A BILLION SPYWARE BUGS ON YOUR COMPUTER! BUT DON'T WORRY, WE'LL HELP YOU! IT'S JUST 29,95!
  9. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Mar '05 18:091 edit
    6 concurrent free games forever and full use of the forums is very generous in my opinion, especially as this site has no corporate financial backing.
  10. Far far away
    Moves
    31 Mar '05 10:40
    So, what are benefits of sibscribing besides the access to tournaments? 6concurrent games are enough I think for anyone.
  11. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    31 Mar '05 10:41
    Originally posted by Azeri guy
    So, what are benefits of sibscribing besides the access to tournaments? 6concurrent games are enough I think for anyone.
    Try telling that to Talem16. 🙂

Clans, added forum functionality, Sieges and tournaments.

D
  12. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Mar '05 12:001 edit
    Originally posted by Azeri guy
    6 concurrent games were nowhere near enough for me! I play a minimum of 50 concurrent games at any one time, more often between 70-100.

The other benefits, apart from unlimited games and playing in tournaments, include a photo on your profile, playing in sieges, and forming and leading your own clan, or joining an existing clan and playing in the Leagues and Challenge games.
  13. Joined
    05 Aug '04
    Moves
    31 Mar '05 19:01
    Sorry! Look. I didn't intend to offend anyone. I have nothing against this site or its rules. I'm just a little upset by the fact that the Internet, generally speaking, offers almost nothing that is free and interesting at the same time. I love playing chess but I have absolutely no possibility of paying the subscription. I don't want to be pathetic or ...[text shortened]... VE A BILLION SPYWARE BUGS ON YOUR COMPUTER! BUT DON'T WORRY, WE'LL HELP YOU! IT'S JUST 29,95!
    So do you not have a birthday? Or other days when you get presents. Just ask for registration as a present.

This is the best chess website for a good reason. You have to pay to get access to most of the functions. You would not believe how many timewasters register just to cause grief. Tornaments with half the players non moving time wasters seems a bit point less. Indeed I like many pawn stars wont play non-pawn stars unless I know them. Hope you do find the money to register. But in the mean time enjoy the 6 games you can play.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree