1. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 03:17
    Originally posted by FMF
    Are you seriously saying you don't see the relevance of my comments thus far? If you are feigning it, I can't quite see what you think you will achieve.
    Your comments are a deflection from the initial observation, which initiated your comments in the first place.
    I am merely trying to get you back on point.
    Either address that point or admit you're at a loss... as it is appearing the more you post.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 03:24
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Your comments are a deflection from the initial observation, which initiated your comments in the first place.
    I am merely trying to get you back on point.
    Either address that point or admit you're at a loss... as it is appearing the more you post.
    Your apparent 'pretending not to understand' how my point is totally on-topic seems to rely heavily on you insisting on a very narrow definition of what Grampy Bobby's modus operandi is and on you ignoring what the actual criticisms of it have been in the past.

twhitehead explained it well a few weeks ago:

"[Conclusion: You (Grampy Bobby) are trolling]. On the basis of your past behavior and the content of your OP. You carefully pick topics that you know will get a strong reaction (usually because they are so obviously wrong) and then you carefully avoid discussing them properly. Then when you do comment, it demonstrates that you have chosen to ignore anything you have been told in the past - which again tends to get a big reaction. Now you are piling it on by pretending that that reaction that you have so carefully engineered is 'anger' - and if you get a reaction this time you can pretend it just confirms your OP."

This thread appears to be somewhat of a departure from Grampy Bobby's modus operandi. This will be why the reaction to it is somewhat of a departure from what it often is.
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 03:41
    Originally posted by FMF
    Your apparent 'pretending not to understand' how my point is totally on-topic seems to rely heavily on you insisting on a very narrow definition of what Grampy Bobby's modus operandi is and on you ignoring what the actual criticisms of it have been in the past.

twhitehead explained it well a few weeks ago:

[b]"[Conclusion: You (Grampy Bobby) are trolling] ...[text shortened]... operandi. This will be why the reaction to it is somewhat of a departure from what it often is.
    Are you high?
    He is constantly harangued for cutting and pasting (at least, that is the complaint).
    Here, he cut and paste.
    The difference, of course, is that this cut and paste contained content which others could agree with.
    The same other who had previously and repeatedly complained about cutting and pasting HERE had no problem with cutting and pasting.

That brings up a question in the reasonable person's mind: why would there not be a complain, if he is doing here what he always does?
    Could it be the content?

I'm guessing that it was nothing but the content.

What say you?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 03:45
    Are you high?
    He is constantly harangued for cutting and pasting (at least, that is the complaint).
    Here, he cut and paste.
    The difference, of course, is that this cut and paste contained content which others could agree with.
    The same other who had previously and repeatedly complained about cutting and pasting HERE had no problem with cutting a ...[text shortened]...
    Could it be the content?

I'm guessing that it was nothing but the content.

What say you?
    Yet again you are relying on your own very narrow definition of what Grampy Bobby's modus operandi actually is. You are also simply ignoring what the actual criticisms of his modus operandi have been. twhitehead put it very succinctly.
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 03:54
    Originally posted by FMF
    Yet again you are relying on your own very narrow definition of what Grampy Bobby's modus operandi actually is. You are also simply ignoring what the actual criticisms of his modus operandi have been. twhitehead put it very succinctly.
    If my definition is--- as you claim--- narrow, then, by all means, correct and broaden where you see fit.

As I have claimed, and as is fully supported by even a casual perusal of his posts... and the initial complaints therein... he gets tagged for the cutting and pasting without his own commentary.

Here, we saw a different reaction, despite the same tactics on his part.
    You cannot explain it, so you use a different hue.
    Bully for you.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 04:27
    If my definition is--- as you claim--- narrow, then, by all means, correct and broaden where you see fit.

As I have claimed, and as is fully supported by even a casual perusal of his posts... and the initial complaints therein... he gets tagged for the cutting and pasting without his own commentary.

Here, we saw a different reaction, despite the same tactics on his part.
    You cannot explain it, so you use a different hue.
    Bully for you.
    twhitehead put it succinctly.
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 04:56
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    SG, do you think Red Hot Pawn's new member, Herb14, would focus on topics objectively and pose thoughtful questions in search of answers in sync with truth or would the Noobie rant with a rehearsed agenda of questions he was dying to refute?

SG, why does a simple question concerning a fictional site member's ...[text shortened]... ology for pursuing a definitive reply. If not, is "being good at debate" the only acid criteria?
    The answer to your first question is "I don't know."
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 05:31
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    The answer to your first question is "I don't know."
    Thank you, Sir. Nobody commented on the "father and Joey" joke. Did you laugh aloud as I did?
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 08:10
    [b]Human beings think with words.[ /b]
    How did mankind think before language?

How does a baby think?

How do deaf people think?
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 10:102 edits
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    How did mankind think before language?

How does a baby think?

How do deaf people think?
    How did mankind think before language? [The first man and then later together with the first woman conversed daily with God. If your premise is evolution, I can't help you.]

How does a baby think? [At birth an infant immediately begins learning to associate sounds and empirical experience with cause, effect and results; its tabula rasa gets written on every waking moment. Sounds become words; words become constructs; eventually social and technical vocabularies are acquired. Why do you think online forum word association games, including Kewpie's sentence completion, are popular? We think with words and enjoy doing so creatively in public.]

How do deaf people think? [By reading. If they're both deaf and blind from birth, I'd guess that sensory perception would be their only external contact.]
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 14:111 edit
    twhitehead, I'm glad your pleased (and could wish Herb Silverman was an RHP Member and active on this forum).
    Grampy,

While a prominent atheist here (twhitehead) congradulates you, the same points could have been written by a number of theists here years ago.

I mean, I read nothing in the list that shocked me or I have not already known by personal experience.

Now I am going back over the list carefully and ask myself honestly "Over the last 40 years, haven't I seen that already ?"
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 14:502 edits
    erased
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 03:05
    Originally posted by sonship
    Grampy,

While a prominent atheist here (twhitehead) congradulates you, the same points could have been written by a number of theists here years ago.

I mean, I read nothing in the list that shocked me or I have not already known by personal experience.

Now I am going back over the list carefully and ask myself honestly "Over the last 40 years, haven't I seen that already ?"
    OP "Footnote: This is a thread I'd post if an atheist; so here it is for my atheist friends and almost friends. Enjoy."

Intent wasn't to shock; rather, simply to present a relaxed and composed individual's wishes which I found instructive.
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 03:26
    How do deaf people think? [By reading. If they're both deaf and blind from birth, I'd guess that sensory perception would be their only external contact.]
    So your assertion that language is required for thinking is wrong.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 Apr '14 05:01
    So your assertion that language is required for thinking is wrong.
    Google "How do deaf people think?/Medical Source/". Doing so will provide the answer and keep you off the streets. lol

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree