07 Jun '14 01:56

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Jun '14 02:06
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    All murderer's and rapists [not just Muslims] must be rewarded with capital punishment.

However Islam the violent and pseudo religion that it is ...........must be abolished.

Force must be used because Muslims will not want to abolish their own religion and they will fight.

When they fight we will fight back............[we meaning the armed forces ]

Will these "armed forces" kill any Muslims who are not "murderers and rapists"?
  3. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    07 Jun '14 10:501 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I think you will find it was the Nazis who tried to abolish an entire group of people from the face of the earth through a process of mass executions.

So I think you are morally aligning yourself with them, rather than lining up against them.

Many Muslims will not give up their faith even under the threat of death. The overwhelming majority of these will have committed no crimes.

So stop dodging the question and tell us how you will eradicate Islam from the face of the earth without committing genocide?

And trust me, even if you decided to kill just Muslim men, and spared the children and women, you would still have have committed genocide.

Srila Prabhupada would have been disgusted with you:

: 1. "Hazrat Muhammad, the inaugurator of the Islam religion, I accept him as an empowered servant of God because he preached God-consciousness in those parts of the world and induced them to accept the authority of God. He is accepted as the servant of God and we have all respect for him."? ( Letter, 2-4-1976)
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 00:191 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (April 18, 2014, OP)
    "10 Things I Wish Everyone Knew About Atheism March 18, 2014 "Set your stereotypes aside and get to know atheists all over again. by Herb Silverman" [Almost titled this thread: “Joey, this is very important..." -gb]

"I’m a “big-tent” atheist, which includes whatever non-theistic labels people prefer: agnostic, humanist, secular humanist, freethinker, secularist, and more. This list applies to the whole tent:

1. The prefix “a” can mean “anti” or “non.” While some atheists are anti-theists, most are non-theists who have no desire to destroy religion. We don’t have a problem with believers until they try to force their beliefs on others.

2. Atheists are not necessarily protesters, though that’s how they are usually portrayed in the media. When they do protest, they protest government privileging of one religion over another or religion over non-religion.

3. Atheists are not angry at God (just as they are not angry at the Tooth Fairy), and most of us didn’t become atheists because something bad happened to us. We became atheists because we find no evidence for any gods.

4. Atheists are not less trustworthy just because we don’t believe in a judging God. Believing that of us only makes us think you would be untrustworthy were it not for your fear of God.

5. We can find joy without belief in God and an afterlife. We may not see any cosmic purpose of life, but we do find our own joyful purposes in life.

6. Most religious people are secular most of the time. Ask yourself how you would behave differently if you stopped believing in God. If you can’t come up with a good answer, then you are what I call a functional atheist.

7. Calling atheism a religion is like calling baldness a hair color. The “religion” of atheism and secular humanism is not taught in public schools, unless you think that conveying the best available scientific information is a religious act. If you wind up abandoning faith in supernatural things because of science, as many do, that is a collateral benefit to critical thinking.

8. Most atheists don’t go around proselytizing or promoting atheism. For every open atheist you know, there are probably dozens of non-identifying atheists whom you assume are religious. Many are afraid to come out of their atheist closets, and the varied reasons for that would require another list of ten or more things that I wish everyone would know.

9. Atheists don’t fit your stereotypes. There are good and bad atheists just as there are good and bad Christians, Jews, Muslims, men, women, and any other category. Judge people by their actions and the content of their character, not by their professed religious beliefs.

10. Most of the atheists I know have a good sense of humor, so I’ll end with a joke:

A Jewish atheist hears that the best school in town happens to be Catholic, so he enrolls his son. Things are going well until one day the boy comes home and says, “I just learned all about the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.” The boy’s father is barely able to control his rage. He grabs his son by the shoulders and says, “Joey, this is very important, so listen carefully. There is only ONE God — and we don’t believe in Him!”

Note: "About Herb Silverman is founder and President Emeritus of the Secular Coalition for America, author of “Candidate Without a Prayer: An Autobiography of a Jewish Atheist in the Bible Belt,” and Distinguished Professor Emeritus of Mathematics at the College of Charleston."

http://www.faithstreet.com/onfaith/2014/03/18/10-things-i-wish-everyone-knew-about-atheism/31345

Footnote: This is a thread I'd post if an atheist; so here it is for my atheist friends and almost friends. Enjoy.
  5. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 02:24
    That was a good joke, G B.

I have never had a problem with Atheists. Many are more Christian than the Christian's claim to be. "the greatest gift you can give another is your own life." And how many times have we seen where a man saves another from drowning, or some other disaster, and gives his own life. There are many examples; yet in many Christian churches, these actions are unimportant. All that matters to them is if you know Jesus.

I tell you honestly, anyone who gives up his life for another already has Christ living within them.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 22:02
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    That was a good joke, G B.

I have never had a problem with Atheists. Many are more Christian than the Christian's claim to be. "the greatest gift you can give another is your own life." And how many times have we seen where a man saves another from drowning, or some other disaster, and gives his own life. There are many examples; yet in many Christian c ...[text shortened]... ll you honestly, anyone who gives up his life for another already has Christ living within them.
    Herb Silverman is an unemotional atheist pioneering his own academic search for absolute truth. I wish he was here.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jun '14 00:42
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Herb Silverman is an unemotional atheist pioneering his own academic search for absolute truth. I wish he was here.
    If Herb Silverman were here you would bombard him with copy pastes and refuse to discuss things properly with him.
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    11 Jun '14 00:51
    Originally posted by FMF
    If Herb Silverman were here you would bombard him with copy pastes and refuse to discuss things properly with him.
    Finally, a quote from GB about atheists that I actually agree with.
    Congratulations.

That didn't take you too long.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jun '14 01:04
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    [b]Finally, a quote from GB about atheists that I actually agree with.
    Congratulations.

That didn't take you too long.[/b]
    Is there any reason to think that Grampy Bobby would actually engage Herb Silverman if he were here? Of course not. He hasn't even bothered to engage Silverman's ideas properly on this thread.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree