1. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    18 Apr '10 00:051 edit
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Pah! That's just crazy 2ist talk. You 2ists are all the same, closed minded, lucky-denying, binary-brained zealots. I'm not even sure 7 is the best one now. I think it might be 1... Perfect square, perfect triangle. Yeah, I'm converting right now.
    On a different note...I must find an occasion to call someone "binary brain"!!! 😀
  2. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    18 Apr '10 04:40
    You are all ignoring the fact that mathematics, like everything else, lacks a proper grounding unless you acknowledge a creator god. This argument just illustrates how everything in mathematics, as in morality, is purely relativized absent reference to the creator.

Whence these numbers?! Are they objectively real (mathematical realism?), or are they simply manipulable signs that have no reality (mathematical nominalism?)?

Which prime number is the best? The one that God declares is best; that is the only irrefutable standard. And if God chooses not to reveal that to us, then it must remain in the realm of divine mystery. I urge you to cease your sinful presumption! (Although, I think that scriptural evidence leans toward 1, as God is one.)

[Do I really need to insert a “tongue-in-cheek alert” here? Well, probably… 🙁 ]
  3. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    18 Apr '10 14:19
    Which prime number is the best? The one that God declares is best; that is the only irrefutable standard. And if God chooses not to reveal that to us, then it must remain in the realm of divine mystery. I urge you to cease your sinful presumption! (Although, I think that scriptural evidence leans toward 1, as God is one.)

[Do I really need to insert a “tongue-in-cheek alert” here? Well, probably… 🙁 ][/b]
    Look! God even embedded the evidence in our very language! "Which prime number is best? The one that God declares is best;"

Do you see?
  4. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    18 Apr '10 16:224 edits
    Originally posted by vistesd
    You are all ignoring the fact that mathematics, like everything else, lacks a proper grounding unless you acknowledge a creator god. This argument just illustrates how everything in mathematics, as in morality, is purely relativized absent reference to the creator.

Whence these numbers?! Are they objectively real (mathematical realism?), or are they sim ...[text shortened]... d is one.)

[Do I really need to insert a “tongue-in-cheek alert” here? Well, probably… 🙁 ]
    And 2 declared it is best...so it is best 😏
    To counter avalanchethecats misguided pontification on the supposed transcendent glory of 1 over 2, I shall make use of your post:

- Ocurrences of '2' or 'to' ('to' has 2 letters and rhymes with 2, despite 2 different meanings of the word) in your post: 2 times "...And if God chooses not to reveal that to us,..."

- Ocurrences of '1' or 'one' ('one' has three letters and means 1, only 1 meaning of the word) in your post: 3 times "...he one that God declares is best; that is the only irrefutable standard. And if God chooses not to reveal that to us, then it must remain in the realm of divine mystery. I urge you to cease your sinful presumption! (Although, I think that scriptural evidence leans toward 1, as God is one...."

- So words sounding like 2 was used in 2 occurences with words that have 2 letters.
    - Words sounding like 1 used in 3 occurences.

3-1 = 2

😵
  5. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    18 Apr '10 16:26
    Look! God even embedded the evidence in our very language! "Which prime number is best? The [b]one that God declares is best;"

Do you see?[/b]
    Your argument lies in ruins...see above 😏
  6. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    18 Apr '10 16:33
    So which is the best ONE?
  7. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    18 Apr '10 16:40
    So which is the best [b]ONE?[/b]
    To answer that question you need only read and venerate the most holy 'Two-rue' The completely winning arguments provided in all my posts point to the number which is best.

2 is not smiling upon you anymore...I fear for your immortal soul 🙁
  8. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    18 Apr '10 16:43
    Originally posted by Agerg
    [b]To answer that question you need only read and venerate the most holy 'Two-rue' The completely winning arguments provided in all my posts point to the number which is best.

2 is not smiling upon you anymore...I fear for your immortal soul 🙁[/b]
    I smile patronisingly at your logic, remaining closed-minded, smug and secure in my oneness with one
  9. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    18 Apr '10 20:13
    LMAO!! Thanks, guys, for taking my post in the spirit in which it was intended--and then trumping the hell out of it!
  10. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    18 Apr '10 20:17
    Best thread| EVAH!
  11. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    19 Apr '10 00:284 edits
    I smile patronisingly at your logic, remaining closed-minded, smug and secure in my [b]oneness with one[/b]
    You're not going to like this but the time has come for logic...cold hard logic my friend. Consider the following:

No mention is made in the Two-rue of the concept of 1-hell. Now since 2 is best, then clearly the holy words of 2 are better than all other holy words (in particular your unholy, hateful, 23 inspired gibberings). You following so far?
    Therefore we can conclude at the very least if 1 was, for arguments sake, best then it has no sense of justice.
    Now setting aside the grave implications of this fact alone let me ask you a simple question:

Is it not better to believe in 2 given you will otherwise be sent to 2-hell? For even if 1 really is best it won't send you to hell for falsely choosing the correct best number which is 2!

This is known as the wager of 2.
  12. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    19 Apr '10 00:48
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    Best thread| EVAH!
    Glory be to 2!...and what were your feelings upon being touched by this amazing number?
  13. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    19 Apr '10 00:531 edit
    Originally posted by vistesd
    LMAO!! Thanks, guys, for taking my post in the spirit in which it was intended--and then trumping the hell out of it!
    LMAO!! Thanks, guys, for taking my post in the spirit in which it was intended--and then trumping the [2-]hell out of it!

No no my friend...there is still 2-hell; but 2, as it is merciful, wants to save you from this terrible fate.

But you must accept it as best! Can you do this?
  14. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    19 Apr '10 18:14
    Aqerq, I note your name is underlined with the phrase... "1 edit". You have been edited by 1. 1 has edited you and made you the 2ist you are. I think that means you're the anti-1. Crivens! Does this means the end of primes is upon us! Numerapocalypse! Armaggedone!
  15. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    19 Apr '10 18:398 edits
    Aqerq, I note your name is underlined with the phrase... "1 edit". You have been edited by 1. 1 has edited you and made you the 2ist you are. I think that means you're the anti-1. Crivens! Does this means the end of primes is upon us! Numerapocalypse! Armagged[b]one![/b]
    Pah...as suggested before 1 is part of the duality of 2, and as such it conducts edits that you may better understand its words as spoken by me.
    Isn't 2 fantastic?!! 😵 😏

Bob (2:32) "two be one with two, two must be one that is best, yet while one is best, it is bettered still by 2"

Furthermore, let me hit you with another argument, the onetwological argument no less.

1.If I am thinking of the best number thinkable, then I can think of no number better.
    1.a If it is false that I can think of no number better, it is false I am thinking of the best number thinkable
    2. being a best number is better than not being a best number
    3. If the number I am thinking of does not exist, then it is false that I can think of no better number.
    4. If the number I am thinking of does not exist, then it is false that I am thinking of the best number thinkable

Conclusion: If I am thinking of the best number thinkable, then I am thinking of a best number that exists.

I think (in particular I have faith) the best number is 2 😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree