1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Apr '18 22:53
    2. What did Jesus command of those who he would pick, not to do? ( This has to do with the world or world of mankind, not the planet )
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Apr '18 23:35
    Originally posted by @galveston75
    2. What did Jesus command of those who he would pick, not to do? ( This has to do with the world or world of mankind, not the planet )
    Jesus doesn’t pick who is saved. Each individual decides for himself or herself to accept or reject the free gift of salvation made possible through belief in Jesus Christ and His Resurrection.
  3. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    10 Apr '18 23:37
    Three simply questions that can be simply answered. These are for those who believe they are saved which would mean immortality on some level.
    The bible never says humans who live on the earth will ever be immortal because as of now all humans sin and will always have the ability to sin if one so desired.
    The only humans that will become immortal a ...[text shortened]... at will ones chosen by Jesus do with him in heaven for those thousand years the bible describes?
    1. What are the qualifications that Jesus demands?

Matthew 11:28
    Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

2. What did Jesus command of those who he would pick, not to do?

Matthew 6:2
    Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee,

3. What will ones chosen by Jesus do with him in heaven for those thousand years the bible describes?

Stuff.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Apr '18 23:38
    Yes you are right. I was just pointing out that yes it's up to us to initiate that process, but it goes no father until Jehovah gives it to us. We never get salvation on our own. Our actions and faith have to be there, have to be honest and then Jehovah see's that and will act accordingly if he sees that our heart is pure on this.
    Also we again have t ...[text shortened]... because of his actions, but Jehovah is our finale savior because or his being the Almighty God.
    The gift of salvation is available to everyone. Some will accept it and some won’t. God gave mankind free will.

God set the terms by which we can be saved, but it’s up to us to accept or reject the terms. Not reaching a decision is the same as rejection.

Incidentally, do you believe Jesus Christ was/is God in the flesh?
  5. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    11 Apr '18 03:24
    Three simply questions that can be simply answered. These are for those who believe they are saved which would mean immortality on some level. ...
    You tell me that, and then imply I must believe it. If jesus died for me, then done deal. What are you on about. Worried about afterlife when you are good at making bad decisions?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Apr '18 06:09
    Hummmm yeah that's pretty close but it's more that you don't let Jehovah show you. But then it's a hard thing to do when you don't even believe in him or use his name.
    Is being a member of the Jehovah’s Witness church a prerequisite for receiving eternal life?

In other words, if I’m not a member of the Jehovah’s Witnesses church can I still go on and receive eternal life?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Apr '18 06:11
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Is being a member of the Jehovah’s Witness church a prerequisite for receiving eternal life?

In other words, if I’m not a member of the Jehovah’s Witnesses church can I still go on and receive eternal life?
    You’re up early, tiger. Is the pub opening early today? Going for a snorkel?
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Apr '18 12:55
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    The gift of salvation is available to everyone. Some will accept it and some won’t. God gave mankind free will.

God set the terms by which we can be saved, but it’s up to us to accept or reject the terms. Not reaching a decision is the same as rejection.

Incidentally, do you believe Jesus Christ was/is God in the flesh?
    No Jesus is not the Almighty God. His name is Jehovah. But that is a different subject of the trinity. Lets stick to this for now...
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Apr '18 13:318 edits
    Also we again have the chance to live because of Jesus's sacrifice but the finale judgement is made by his Father. Jesus is a savior because of his actions, but Jehovah is our finale savior because or his being the Almighty God.

Whether you're not allowed to talk to me or just choose not to, it doesn't matter to me. I reply to this statement because it calls for a reply.

God has set a day in which He will judge the world by a resurrected man. The man judges. His judging is God's judging.

"Because He [God] has set a day in which He is to judge the world in righteousness by the man whom He has designated, having furnished proof by raising Him from the dead." (Acts 17:31)

Jesus spoke emphatically that He is the Divine/Human Judge.

"For neither does the Father judge anyone, but He has given all judgment to the Son,

In order that all may honor the Son even as they honor the Father, He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him." (John 5:22,23)

Watchtower theology shakes its fist towards the heavens with their "New World Translation" refusing to HONOR the Son as they would HONOR Jehovah of the Old Testament.

You rebel -

"We will not have this man to rule over us." (Luke 19:14)

Such rebels are counted as the Triune God's enemies. In the same Lukian passage:

"However, these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them before me." (Luke 19:27)

You, Galveston, should repent, not count the cost, endure the Kingdom Hall shuning and refuse to no longer dishonor the Son of God.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Apr '18 13:40
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Also we again have the chance to live because of Jesus's sacrifice but the finale judgement is made by his Father. Jesus is a savior because of his actions, but Jehovah is our finale savior because or his being the Almighty God.

Whether you're not allowed to talk to me or just choose not to, it doesn't matter to me. I reply to this state ...[text shortened]... count the cost, endure the Kingdom Hall shuning and refuse to no longer dishonor the Son of God.
    Too much estrogen. You are a drama queen
    Go get some testosterone shots and calm downds
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Apr '18 13:47
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Too much estrogen. You are a drama queen
    Go get some testosterone shots and calm downds
    Which testosterone shot or medical dose will cause these sentences to be erased from my Bible?

"For neither does the Father judge anyone, but He has given all judgment to the Son,

In order that all may honor the Son even as they honor the Father, He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him." (John 5:22,23)
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Apr '18 14:28
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Which testosterone shot or medical dose will cause these sentences to be erased from my Bible?

[b] "For neither does the Father judge anyone, but He has given all judgment to the Son,

[/b]
    You need three shots
    - one shot of common sense and
    - one for anti-cherrypicking.
    - one that would counteract your mouth worshipping disease.

If only you continue to read the truth of Christ will understand the truth. You cherry picked and only quoted part of the passage. which supported a mouth worshipers false doctrine.

A few verses down:

For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man. Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.(John 5:26-29 KJV)

Who gets eternal life ?
    Those who have done GOOD

Who gets damnation
    Those who did EVIL.

Mouth worshipers believing in doing nothing.and condemn those who do good.
    Mouth worshipers justify those who do evil.
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Apr '18 16:29
    Humm? No answers for the second question? No idea what is probably the main issue that should be known by all who say they are saved which means I think they are saying they will be going to heaven to live in some kind of bliss?
    But yet Jesus said something here at John 18:36 that seems to be missed by most:
    36 Jesus answered: “My Kingdom is no part of this world. If my Kingdom were part of this world, my attendants would have fought that I should not be handed over to the Jews. But as it is, my Kingdom is not from this source.”
    So what is the point? Should we be giving our allegiance to this Kingdom that Jesus is the ruler of or do we give our allegiance to any other Kingdoms or governments?
    If we do, does it really matter? If you were from Russia, would it matter if you gave your allegiance also to another country, say the United States or visa versa? How would that work out for you?
    Jesus said that they would be as "ambassadors" for his Kingdom. Do ambassadors from their own countries pledge allegiances to other countries or run for office's in those countries?
    We are told to "pay Cesar's things to Cesar, and to obey laws that don't conflict with God's laws. That is it.
    So is this important? Jesus said their robes would be white with no defilement which would include getting involved with any worldly governments who the bible says belong to Satan anyway. Do you serve two masters?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Apr '18 17:344 edits
    Question # 2 is suppose to be hard Galveston?

2. What did Jesus command of those who he would pick, not to do?

Probably the most important thing He commanded His disciples not to FAIL to do, is in John 15

"Abide in Me and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me." (John 15:4)

That covers everything else that Jesus ever commanded or commands this afternoon, or commands this evening or tomorrow or even on into eternity.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Apr '18 17:351 edit
    This command is all-inclusive, foundational, all-incompassing and includes anything else I can think of you might argue Jesus commanded His disciples.

"Abide in Me and I in you ... I am the vine, you are the branches, He who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit;

for apart from Me you can do nothing." (vs. 4a,5)

As a Jehovah's Witness you intend to BE APART FROM Christ. And you will do a lot of things. You will do many things apart from this One who you rationalize is the angel Michael.

But in the end you will come to realize that all that you did amounted to what? ... "nothing". That is nothing for His church, nothing for His kingdom, nothing for God's purpose.

" ... for apart from Me you can do nothing."

So you need to change the way you think, repent, turn to the Lord Jesus and receive Him as Lord. And then according to His command you must begin to abide in Him and allow Him correspondingly to abide in you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree